Follow

Fabletown Fables

Team » Fabletown Fables appears in 432 issues.

The Fables are those of the childhood stories. After being forced to flee their homelands, they currently reside in the fictional land of New York.

Once upon a time I started reading the Fables trades

• 55 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Dahlia Capello said:
    "SPOILER

Not Snow. I don't mean to spoil anything, but she did that whole thing with the slashing the dwarfs after learning to fence. And Goldilocks sleeping with one of the Bears and stuff. They're not SO kid-ish, for the most part.
    "
    Eh, I'm messed up to begin with anyway. Read my take on Snow White and then you'll understand :P
    Dahlia Capello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Dahlia Capello
    aztek the lost said:
    "aztek the lost said:
    "have you ever read the real Snow White story? or the real Goldilocks story?
    "
    btw, what's wrong with sleeping with the bear, I mean in all reality its just as human as she is, its not true bestiality
    "
    What I mean is, they're not quite the Walt Disney versions of themselves either.

And the bear is still a bear, albeit with a human intellect. Just because a dog can talk doesn't mean I could sleep with it and not call it bestiality... which I now realize is a disturbing example. O___O
    Dahlia Capello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Dahlia Capello

I see your point, but there's a difference to me, because Bigby was in human form when he slept with Snow (presumably). She slept with a wolf who had both the body and the mind of a human, not a bear who happens to know how to talk. =/

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

I picked up the trade of Grimms Fairy tales today and i have ordered the trade of Fables 1!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By gmanfromheck

It's about time.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

-_- shuddup

Jack Daws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By Jack Daws

I want to read Fables too, it seems very good. 
    Is Jack of Fables even good?

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @Jack Daws said:
    " I want to read Fables too, it seems very good. Is Jack of Fables even good? "
    Both are great i'd recommend them to you if you're into that style of writing.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By Korg

Chiming in with some Fables love. I bought all 12 trades over the past few months. Bill Willingham is an incredible storyteller, and as was said a long time ago in this thread by Pania, he really nails the characters. No one is a throwaway character. They all have very distinct personalities, which is pretty amazing given the sheer volume of characters and the disparity between their origins. There's also a bigger picture, which is probably a bit easier to get a feel for than it was when this thread was first posted.

@Jack Daws
     said: 

" I want to read Fables too, it seems very good. Is Jack of Fables even good? "
    It's every bit as good. Willingham writes both books, and he does it with what would appear to be inhuman ease. He just wrote a novel using the Fables mythos this year, which I plan on reading soon.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By Nighthunter

Fables is one of the biggest titles in my "to read" list. Damn it there are way too many volumes though lol

ClockworkDrago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64  Edited By ClockworkDrago

well worth the read though i got the first two trades and i have been reading them non stop
    YuggieCoin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By YuggieCoin

this is a cool comic

danpez88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By danpez88

I NEEED HEEEEELP. SO. I know every character in Fables is oridinated from a fairy tale... so where did Mister Dark come from? I'm doing a final project for my Monster class and yeah i need help ASAP. Thank you.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.