Follow

Fabletown Fables

Team » Fabletown Fables appears in 432 issues.

The Fables are those of the childhood stories. After being forced to flee their homelands, they currently reside in the fictional land of New York.

Fables, vol.3, ch. #3 - please help me understand the scene [mild spoilers]

alpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By alpas

So, Bigby and his team are "in the midst of watergating Tommy Sharp's apartment" [the guy who found out that Fables are community of immortal vampires]. They found out that he made online backup of his work, and Bluebeard feels that they are now forced to fall back on more extreme measures and pulls a gun on sleeping Tommy. And i'm not sure i'm following the next scene.

Here is the page in question: http://i.imgur.com/CsqmWVd.jpg

Bigby: Maybe i didn't make myself clear. Back off or I'll kill you.

(he puts his hand on Jack's shoulder but clearly talks to Bluebeard, since he already told him to put the gun away on the previous page)

Bluebeard: bla-bla, but we have to.

Jack: Maybe we should get out of the way.

Just what exactly does Jack mean here? Does he mean himself and Boy Blue to get out of Bigby's way? Or 'we' as himself, Boy Blue and Bigby to not interfere with Bluebeard's actions? Or something else?

Bigby: Yes, Jack --

-- maybe you should.

And you lost me here completely. What does Bigby talk about? It looks like he implies something about Jack, but what?

Also, in the end of the previous chapter Jack told Bigby his new plan to get rid of Tommy - without bloodshed (it will be revealed later in this chapter). But now they are behaving like there is no plan B.

P.S. English is not my first language, sorry about that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.