Follow

Excalibur

Team » Excalibur appears in 926 issues.

Excalibur is a super-group of mutants in the Marvel Universe that are based out of Britain. They are an off-shoot of the X-Men books and contain many one time X-Men members.

Any original excalibur buffs out-there?

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By NiteFly

I have been filling in the description of Excalibur, and I think things are going pretty well in getting them up to date. My memory is missing a lot of details on the original comics, so is there anyone out there that feels really confident on the original series history? I've covered the recent Genoshan stuff, and there is not much more for me to tell as far as the New Excalibur is concerned. I figured I'd see if anyone is up to the challenge before digging through the drawerboxes to do some rereading.

Tuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Tuta

heh -- there's a new Excalibur?

been a long time since I read them, but I still remember waiting for what seemed like years between the gn and eventual series...

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NiteFly

Yea. Not much has really happened yet. So far it's just "a bunch of heroes are in the same place, so why not?".

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ebony Bishop

I'm a huge Excalibur fan. Early and New, though, not the Genoshan bit. It could be because I love Alan Davis' art, or because Nightcrawler rules, I'm not sure.

I hadn't tackled it yet, but I don't want to get in the way of an urge. You want it, you can have it, but yeah, I might take a crack at it if you're not feeling frisky about it.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NiteFly

That was what I was looking for. New and Genoshan I am cool with. My memory is somewhat fuzzy with the original team, though. I would love it if you would work on the original team's bio. Like I said, the other two teams I am pretty good with (because they were so recent), I just don't remember enough details with the original.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Yeah, those were the weird years, with the cross-time caper, and the Nazi versions of Excalibur. Claremont can be a weird dude sometimes.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

Ebony Bishop says:

"I'm a huge Excalibur fan. Early and New, though, not the Genoshan bit. It could be because I love Alan Davis' art, or because Nightcrawler rules, I'm not sure.I hadn't tackled it yet, but I don't want to get in the way of an urge. You want it, you can have it, but yeah, I might take a crack at it if you're not feeling frisky about it."

Alan Davis needs to be on a monthly series now. Sure he's doing FF The End but I want more.

I had a letter printed in Excalibur #42.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ebony Bishop

That's pretty cool. I actually think I have that one.

I read somewhere recently that Alan Davis is going to be trying (once again) to start up his 'Clan Destine' series, which I was a big fan of the first time he tried.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck

Yeah I enjoyed that too. Not sure if it was just because he was involved. His art is so crisp and clean. The concept was good but I think the market wasn't in the best place to support a new book like that.

Tuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tuta

G-Man says:

I had a letter printed in Excalibur #42."

/digs through boxes to find ish...

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NiteFly

I'm going to bump this because I'd still really like someone who knows more than me flush out the first section of the page.

Bump.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gmanfromheck

Dang, there's so many pages I'd love to get my hands on if I had more time. I loved the original Excalibur. I didn't make it past the first 3 issues of Genoshian Excalibur. And New Excalibur kinda leaves me bummed. I like the roster and it's Claremont back on it but it's kinda...meh.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Darkchild

right here loved the old one the new one ehe not so much

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NiteFly

G-Man says:

"Dang, there's so many pages I'd love to get my hands on if I had more time."

Don't I know how that is. I end up getting bored with one thing and moving to something totally different every week or two. Right now I have made a little home in the Story Archs section and am trying to spread my stink all around it. There are a ton of archs that were never even added, so I'm finding plenty to keep me occupied.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gmanfromheck

NiteFly says:

"G-Man says:
    "Dang, there's so many pages I'd love to get my hands on if I had more time."

Don't I know how that is. I end up getting bored with one thing and moving to something totally different every week or two. Right now I have made a little home in the Story Archs section and am trying to spread my stink all around it. There are a ton of archs that were never even added, so I'm finding plenty to keep me occupied."

Thought I smelled something around lately...

Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Watch Dog

I know this is old, but I miss the old Excaliber and I want them back.  I figure why not? Marvel obviously wants to do something with Caption Britain.  He's had 2 failed series in a relativly short period of time, so why not go with the team that worked?  I'm taken Nightcrawler, Meggan, ShadowCat, Lockheed, Widget, Pheonix (rachel) the aformentioned Caption Britain, and just to round out the team lets throw in Colossus, Psylock and Cerise.  Now when you think of where all of these people are currently located, the first story could start with Nightcrawler, Colossus and Psylocke giving Cyclops the finger for leaving there friends out in space and then they head off to form a plan to save said friends.  Alt. story;  Rachel comes back, Kitty gets saved and Cerise has to have been pardoned or done her time by now so she'd come back too and renew her romance with Nightcrawler, TA DA!   You got your team, you got your first story arc.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By pixelized

How could you not mention Amanda Sefton???

Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Watch Dog
    @pixelized said:
    " How could you not mention Amanda Sefton??? "

I like Cerise better but aside from that what do you think of my idea.
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Watch Dog
    @pixelized said:
    " How could you not mention Amanda Sefton??? "
    I just got issues 124 and 125 and after reading them you are right Amanda would be a better choice but Cerise could still be in the initial story when they get Shadow cat and Rachel back from space and then she could join Havoc and the Starjamers.
    Java Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Java Lad

There's a Excalibur dedicated forum! Hooray! 
    hmm have been drinking, may have to comeback later with something intelligent to say.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#21  Edited By umbrafeline

i have all of volume 1 except for issue #125 where brian and meggan got hitched

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.