Follow

Evil Ernie

Character » Evil Ernie appears in 184 issues.

The undead anti-villain on a quest to save his love in exchange for our lives.

Interview: Mike Carroll talks to Roger Langridge about LI'L DYNAMITES

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

In case you were unaware, Dynamite Entertainment is release a series of one-shots featuring kid versions of their popular characters. In many cases, it gets pretty weird in a you-have-to-see-this way. Last week LI'L ERNIE by Roger Langridge was released.

Mike Carroll, writer of JENNIFER BLOOD and JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE, spoke with Roger to find out what it was like converting Evil Ernie into a more cuter version.

No Caption Provided

MIKE CARROLL: Li’l Ernie is based on Evil Ernie… Man, it must have been tricky-as-heck to adapt a pretty hard-hitting adult-targeted character for an all-ages book! Any particular stumbling blocks? Did you receive much direction from The Powers That Be in Dynamite, or were you given a free hand?

ROGER LANGRIDGE: I was probably helped by my complete ignorance of the character, to be honest. I just looked for something I could work with in the PDFs editor Molly Mahan sent me and made up the rest! The only thing I remember being specifically asked to do was to get some zombies in there, which I was happy to do.

No Caption Provided

MC: Have you had any input (or feedback) from Evil Ernie’s creator Brian Pulido or Jesse Snider who’s writing the current Dynamite series?

RL: Not a word! I suppose the "Li'l" version is really its own thing, though, so that's hardly surprising. We're all off in our own little corners.

MC: Li’l Ernie – along with the other “Li’l” Dynamite titles – is designed as a one-shot, but would you be keen to develop it as a mini-series or ongoing series if the public demand is there?

RL: Maybe writing it. I've got a pretty full plate with other projects right now, so drawing it as well would be out of the question for the foreseeable future. But I'd be happy to return to it in some capacity, for sure.

No Caption Provided

MC: How do you think the legions of existing Roger Langridge fans will react to Li’l Ernie? (Personally, I reckon they’ll love it, but I figure you know them better than I do!)

RL: I expect they'll both buy a copy!

No Caption Provided

LI'L ERNIE is now on sale!

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Looks like a lot of fun.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I like all these LIL books

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I would love to see a Li'l Project Superpowers or Li'l Spider.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

I am collecting the Agnes Garbowska variants (since I love her art but don't really feel like buying MLP...) and otherwise have no knowledge of these characters whatsoever. This book was indeed thoroughly weird -- I agree with the "you have to see this" assessment of the weirdness.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.