Follow

Eternals

Team » Eternals appears in 485 issues.

The Eternals are an evolutionary offshoot of humanity living on Earth who possess greater powers and longer lifespans than the mainstream human race.

What Is there Race ?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Can someone please tell me what the Eternals are ? Are they Aliens, Mutants or What ? I heard Hyperion from earth 712 was one so dose that mean all the Hyperion's are Eternals to ? Plus I was wondering abou Ikaris was is he classifid as ? Even though he is a Eternal he was born on Earth.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Alright I am going to try this again. Can someone please tell me what the Eternals are ? Are they Aliens, Mutants or What ? I heard Hyperion from earth 712 was one so dose that mean all the Hyperion's are Eternals to ? Plus I was wondering about Ikaris was is he classifid as ? Even though he is a Eternal he was born on Earth.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    "The Eternals are an evolutionary offshoot of humanity living on Earth who possess greater powers and longer lifespans than the mainstream human race."
     From the wiki - Eternals
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

So the Eternals are Humans but higher ?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Kid_Omega_Prime said:
    So the Eternals are Humans but higher ?
    IIRC Eternals where humans that where highly evolved by the Celestials millions of years ago. They where all born on Earth. The Inhumans where created by splicing Eternal DNA with Humans. 
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Ok ok let me get this right Ikaris was a human but the Celestials evoled him to a higher level ?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Kid_Omega_Prime said:
    Ok ok let me get this right Ikaris was a human but the Celestials evoled him to a higher level ?
    I  think he might have been born an eternal, his father is one to
    Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Hyperlight

@spiderbat87: I dont think the inhumans are humans spliced with Eternal DNA. They used body of a dead Eternals as motivation... not a template. te Inhumans are like the Eternals in the way that they are experiments as well; but the people that seeded there genetic variance were the Kree not the Celestials.

Yes the Eternals are an evolutionary offshoot of humanity, much more powerful as a whole than most of the species of earth but they have very few numbers. Not all Eternals live on Earth either.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Hyperlight said:

@spiderbat87: I dont think the inhumans are humans spliced with Eternal DNA. They used body of a dead Eternals as motivation... not a template. te Inhumans are like the Eternals in the way that they are experiments as well; but the people that seeded there genetic variance were the Kree not the Celestials.

Yes the Eternals are an evolutionary offshoot of humanity, much more powerful as a whole than most of the species of earth but they have very few numbers. Not all Eternals live on Earth either.

I'm just going by what it say's in the wiki
    lokiofmidgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By lokiofmidgaard

@spiderbat87: The wiki is wrong. Hyperlight stated the correct version.

dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By dewboy01

I think Eternals R like us humans, but cavemens. When Celestials came to earth, they use their cosmic powers to evolve them. Where they're now, is now living on the Saturn's moon, TITAN.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By daak1212

@dewboy01 said:

I think Eternals R like us humans, but cavemens. When Celestials came to earth, they use their
    cosmic powers to evolve them. Where they're now, is now living on the Saturn's moon, TITAN.

True and false.

Eternals where geneticly modified humans. They live on Earth, Titan, and Uranus. They also have I think 3 cities on Earth (Olypia, Oceania, and ....something else.) Titan really has the most famous Eternals as Chronos and Thanos are both Eternals but of the Titan variation. That's why Thanos is know as the mad Titan

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Hyperlight

@daak1212: true

didnt know some of them were on uranus though. Is that were elysius (genis and phyla's mother) is?

Avatar image for name_already_chosen
    name_already_chosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Eternals are hominids, just like humans, and belong to the same kingdom, phylum, class, order, and family as does the human species. They belong to the same genus as well but are members of a different species.

According to Gaiman's run, whereas humans are Homo Sapiens, the Eternals are Homo Aeternis or Homo Eternalis. (Similarly, the Atlanteans are Homo Mermanus and there may or may not be a species incorrectly called mutants, Homo Superior, in the playfully fictional taxonomy of the Marvel multiverse.)

To recognize the differences implied by having normal humans and Eternals the same genus but different species, notice that the domestic dog is Canis Lupis Familiaris, the golden jackal is Canis Aureus, and the coyote is Canis Latrans. The domestic dog, golden jackal, and coyote all belong to the same genus Canis but are clearly different species. In the same way, in Marvel, normal humans and the Eternals and the Atlanteans all belong to the same genus Homo but are clearly different species.

WillLock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: Most people don't know the answer, they are just looking at wiki. Wiki isn't always right either since some people never read the comics in question. Eternals were never human, IIRC. The Celestials came down and performed experiments on human ancestors, the apes. Having failed first with the Deviants and succeeding with the Eternals. Further experiments by the Eternal's leader, caused "destruction" and gave them immortality.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.