Will 'Ant-Man' Be Marvel Studios' Next Film?

• 92 results
Chibi-Iroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Chibi-Iroh

@Scarlet_Rogue: Thats not an Ant-man Costume thats the costume of the original Human Torch

Rowen545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Rowen545

Nathan Fillion as Pym

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

@Chibi-Iroh: lol. Oops that actually makes a lot more sense. Never seen him not on fire.

afrokola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By afrokola

God, Hank Pym in a live action movie? Make it happen, Edgar!

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By difficlus

Wasn't eva longoria and another male actor confirmed as ant man and wasp for the next avenger film? If so an ant-man film should be underway now...

RigorMortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By RigorMortis

An Ant-Man movie would be awesome, but if they want to someday add him to the cinematic Avengers lineup, they should go the Ultimates route and have him invent his Giant-Man formula.

Avatar image for the_velvet_rabbit
The Velvet Rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@TheHeat said:

I love Edgar Wright's work(Scott Pilgrim, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, & Attack the Block), but not sure if an Ant-Man movie would translate well on film. I would like Ant-Man and Wasp in the Avengers sequel though. Now, can we get the Rock to play Luke Cage?

I'd have to pass on Rocky - Michael Jai White, perhaps? also, he may not have the acting chops for it, but Ray Park as Danny Rand would be FAB-U-LOUS.

playcoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By playcoast

@Doctorchimp: co-sign!!

GBrutality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By GBrutality

I don't think a hank pym movie would really work. he's never been a character that can hold his own series and the people that read comics are the die hard fans. if you can't get the people who usually jump on board to do so in the old format, chances are a big screen adaptation are a bigger gamble than you may expect.

that being said; he does need to be in the avengers. he should have been in avengers. avengers was perfect, i can't even get started how good it was, but it still could have used hank and janet at some capacity. whether he's a scientist tinkering in the background and she's just his girlfriend or something visiting, some sort of intro would've been nice because they are sort of way more important than black widow. look at hawkeye, hawkeye wasn't in any movie beforehand (thor does not count) and he did just fine. didn't need to be heavily established, fit in, missed the fact he was more ultimates as oppose to usual/better hawkeye but he still kicked crazy amounts of ass. that's what should have been done. at one point it seemed like a no-brainer when people were clamoring that nathan fillion, a whedon favorite, was possibly up for the role. add to the fact i read somewhere Morena Baccarin (again, another whedon favorite) was possibly being considered as van dyne it'd make sense. they could definitely pass for those characters, they work with whedon, and it'd be good. that's my two cents and i think it was just a missed opportunity because an ant man movie would be meh because ant man alone is already meh.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By Gambit1024

@Scarlet_Rogue said:

There's an Ant-Man costume in the Captain America movie, at the World's Fair scene.

That was the original Human Torch.

Avatar image for awes0me_mcawes0me
awes0me_mcawes0me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greg Kinnear as Hank Pym. Cast Wasp a little younger, help play into Pym's insecurity.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By _Zombie_

It'd be nice to see, really. Though like previously mentioned it would take a decent amount of planning to make it good. I'd much rather they just start planning this and get to work on the Dr. Strange movie.

UnosInfinitos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By UnosInfinitos

I'm game, I never really found Ant Man slash Giant Man interesting outside wife beater and super villain creator jokes.

It'd be really cool if instead of giving him the usual MO of becoming a superhero out of necessity he becomes a super hero because he wants to especially in this universe with Stark and Banner.

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By clemj
@Gambit1024: agreed, why should ant-man be there?
Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Eyz

"Antman & Wasp"

Yeah, I could totally see it! Make it fun, exciting and entertaining~

Txman210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Txman210

If they make a Antman movie Nathan Fillion has to play Antman

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#67  Edited By Gylan Thomas

@pspin said:

As cool as a movie like this would be character wise, I doubt it would be any good, He has no iconic villain that he can take out by himself, Ultron usually needs every avenger ever to stop him so there aren't many people left...

Scrap this and make a Luke Cage/ Iron Fist movie please

Why not have Pym create Ultron in his movie and the Avengers battle him in a future installment?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Good God yes. You can't have an Avengers franchise without the greatest Avenger of them all. 

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ThomasElliot

None of this is new news though.... just continuation of the same news we've heard for a while.

Ant-man movie been in the works for a LONG time. And for those who think it wouldn't work, its meant to be lighthearted and comedic.

What would be great, like some have pointed out, is to have an Ant-man movie that introduces genius Hank Pym, but in Avengers 2 have him come out as Giant Man. If Thanos is the villain in A2, then Giant Man could stand to be the one who saves the day. It would work.

On a tangent side note... that last Hulk film... The Leader? Would like to see that villain thrown in the mix in one of these Marvel movies.

RUSTMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By RUSTMAN

I absolutely can't wait! He's one of my favourite characters and a science-fiction/espionage/comedy would be awesome!

My thoughts: Nathan Fillion and Ultron being made in the post-credits scene.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#71  Edited By pspin

@Gylan Thomas said:

@pspin said:

As cool as a movie like this would be character wise, I doubt it would be any good, He has no iconic villain that he can take out by himself, Ultron usually needs every avenger ever to stop him so there aren't many people left...

Why not have Pym create Ultron in his movie and the Avengers battle him in a future installment?

Then who would Ant Man fight? All I'm saying is that it seems he would be better in a team up movie than solo

Mrakbarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72  Edited By Mrakbarman

yeah but i hope they dont wipe out his pervert attitude!

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By Loki9876

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Good God yes. You can't have an Avengers franchise without the greatest Avenger of them all.

true to that!

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By mtrakos

@pspin said:

Fo sho. The Pyms should have been introduced already in the avengers movie. Widow and barton should have had their own Shield adventures (movie) then be tied into the avengers 2. It would be a huge mistake for marvels studios to dump money into a movie that would be great to see for fans but would be in the red for profits.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Namor1987

Kinda hard to exclude that he beat his wife but other than that go for it. I'd love to see Giant Man since I love him in Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. But I'd love for him to create Ultron see the introduction of Wasp & eventually Vision down the road & Wonder Man

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#76  Edited By JonesDeini

@Bestostero said:

I'm all for Giant Man and Wasp to be in the Avengers movie, but do either of them really need their own movie...?

Bingo...much like Widow/Hawkeye didn't need one. Also the cast is already huge enough as far as a film goes. It's a miracle that Whedon managed to handle it so well. Aside form adding Ant-Man/Wasp into the Avengers mix this movie could go really wrong, really fast.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Loki9876

A.I.M. could be the villain with Phillip Seymour Hoffman as prof. Starr.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#78  Edited By daredevil21134

I hope not

CodeComiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By CodeComiX

Wow, seems like a tall order seeing as the movie will appeal to comic book fans and not the public.....I mean, you try pitching the move to someone, 1st of all his name is ant-man, and his powers are that EPIC, he's no Demi-God with a sweet hammer, billionaire with epic suit, revived war hero with a boss shield, angry green SMASH everything dude. So making him cool HAS to be Marvel's number one priority! The actor would also have to nail because since Ant-Man is already so "small" a hero in the eyes of the public, he'd have to totally blow them away!

Anyways, I watched TA and I believe that Marvel can do it :) Let's Go MARVEL!!

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#80  Edited By The Mast

Obviously he should cast Patrick Wilson or everything's void.

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jmood88

I'll see it just because I love everything Edgar Wright has done but I have no idea how this movie will make any money at all.

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jmood88

@AlKusanagi said:

I know people want Pym, but I think Wright would be better using Eric O'Grady, considering the framework already established. You do Pym and you'll have to do Wasp, origins, etc. You do Eric, he's already established at SHIELD. Hell, he was probably the Galaga guy! Then it could just be him getting a hold of SHIELD tech and they're free to do whatever they want with the story, plus Wright's style lends itself better to humor. Pym could still be in it as well, as the scientist that creates the tech, and that leaves windows for him to later become Ant-Man or any of his other dozen alter-egos.

Either way though, I'm excited to see what he'll do with the project.

They can easily just write Pym into working at SHIELD. They aren't forced to follow anything.

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Sammo21

I'd like to see Hank Pym used. I think it would frankly be a shame not to use him.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By wowlock

I would definately approve an Ant-man movie with The Wasp in it , combining them into the Avengers. It is the timing that will be important. We heard of Thor 2 , Iron Man 3 and possibly many more but I am hoping Marvel get fit this potential movie before the next Avengers.

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#85  Edited By BritishMonkey

ant man movie and then bring him and wasp into avengers 2

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By zackattack529

please DONT that would be a waste of money! if they do.. just introduce him in avengers 2 or something...dont make an antman movie..just garnage...we could be using that money to make a good moon knight movie or that new wolverine movie. dont waste it on Ant man. waste of time, production and money IMO

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#87  Edited By DanialCarroll

I'm surprised they didn't make tiny allusions to other future films in Avengers.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ShadowX

An ant-man film should have him create the first set of ultrons and use them for good, with the end of the credits scene saying something like " The Avenegrs are a Threat. Hank Pym is a threat" or the other way around. Setting it up for Avenegers 2, they could even connect it to Thanos, maybe Thanos was the reason for Ultrons malfunction. Then Thanos could be the villan for number 3.

Ludo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Ludo

I don't think that's a good idea. An Ant-Man Solo movie? I mean, he is a well know character in America but what about the rest of the world? It's much better if they introduce him in some future Avengers movie.

Maybe Wright could be a good director for Ant-Man. He's a great director("Shaun of the dead" "Hot Fuzz") and maybe he will do a good job. Let's wait.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#90  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I would like to see an Ant-Man movie with Eric O'Grady; never cared much for Hank...

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#91  Edited By KidSupreme

oh yeah!

7DEADPOOL7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#92  Edited By 7DEADPOOL7

If its eric then they can also have him in the shield tv show.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.