Follow

Eric O'Grady

Character » Eric O'Grady appears in 329 issues.

After stealing prototype Ant-Man armor from SHIELD, Eric O'Grady became the Irredeemable Ant-Man; the world's most unlikable superhero. He spend time as a member of the Initiative, The Thunderbolts, and the Secret Avengers before he was killed. He was reborn as an evil synthetic version of himself and went freelance with Taskmaster.

Black Ant in secret empire

OGradyFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The dynamic of him and Taskmaster is everything I liked about Gage's take on Human Eric and Taskmaster during the initiative they play off each other well, are very fun to watch get into their own situations together. I just wish we got more of Eric in General, especially at the Ultron Pym dinner table, he should have been there and it felt weird that he wasn't there. Especially as Hank and Lang have a moment about the mantle of Ant-man, it'd be fun if they referenced the Ant-man and Wasp mini series they did together.

It feels like Marvel knows what they could have, at least in some part, with Eric but always push it aside.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ogradyfan: I think Black Ant could be an interesting anti-villain if used correctly.

OGradyFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ogradyfan: I think Black Ant could be an interesting anti-villain if used correctly.

Yeah that's where Thunderbolts seemed to be taking him, maybe after SE they can bring him into that realm

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think OGrady would be a great antagonist for Pym or Lang. BUT I think his interaction with Ultron would be interesting and funny. Both are in a sense creations of Pym with Ultron hating humanity and Black Ant wanting to be human. Ultron's lack of a sense of humor would play well with O'Grady's wit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.