Follow

Emperor Palpatine

Character » Emperor Palpatine appears in 492 issues.

Palpatine is the public face of Darth Sidious, the heart of the Sith, from the time before the Empire, and until slightly after. His Sith apprentices include: Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus and Darth Vader in addition to multiple Dark Jedi apprentices such as Mara Jade. He is a true master of the Dark Side of the Force and is considered to be the most powerful Sith Lord that ever lived.

Sidious' powers

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can someone provide proof of Sidious' force flight power (scans or reference) and mechu-deru? I know Maul knew mechu-deru, but I can't find solid proof of Sidious teaching him or knowing it.

Emperor339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Emperor339

According to Silver's respect thread this is evidence of Mech-Duru.

----------------------------------------------

Sith Alchemy: Mechu-Deru

Mechu-Deru is a dark side Force power related to Sith alchemy through which a Force sensitive manipulates machinery.

During the Battle of Balmorra, Palpatine's Shadow Droids are released, which are cyborg fighters infused with the dark side.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/48765/1573449-new_picture__46_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/48765/1573450-new_picture__47_.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess the images are gone? Shit.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just look at Dark Empire, Sidious mastered (mostly) Force Storm, and was able to destroy entire fleets and the surfaces of planets with it. Not to mention all of the praise surrounding him. He was describes as being a Dark Side Nexus, an event horizon in the Force, and the Dark Side incarnate; titles that only one other Sith Lord has ever been described as (Vitiate.)

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @darthbane77 said:

Just look at Dark Empire, Sidious mastered (mostly) Force Storm

Why the mostly? He had pretty fine control; if memory serves, it was versatile enough to destroy or to be used as transport, which he used to bring Luke (and R2?) to Byss from Coruscant. That seems like mastery.

The only reason he lost control is because he was cut off from the Force.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: I thought he didn't have total control over them, which was I said "mostly". I didn't actually realize he was cut from the Force, I forgot about that.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
    echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthbane77: He was asking about a specific power(s). I don't think he was questioning Sidious' overall power.

FFP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperor339: yeah, I saw this respect thread, it's pretty complete. But in the comics where the shadow droids appears, they say that palpatine fueled them with dsrk side, which would be an use of sith alchemy. Nowhere is stated that he constructed them or used mechu-deru. Actually, I believe they even say the engineer or manufacturer that build them...

And what about force flight?

Emperor339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Emperor339

@ffp: No idea, I'm afraid.

I assmume people assume Sid can do it because where else would Maul have learned it?

No idea about flight.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.