Follow

Emotional Spectrum

Concept » Emotional Spectrum appears in 325 issues.

The energies created by the emotions of sentient life, visible as different wavelengths of light. This concept appears only in the DC universe.

Kal's Lantern Corps Thread

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kallarkz

After seeing Gamblers X-men thread I thought to myself what this site needs is a good Lantern thread. 
    There are more corps in existence than most people know and with four different Lantern books out it's hard to keep up with them. 
    So here in this thread we shall have the opportunity to discuss all the Corps as well as get updates as to their current status.   

****Caution There Are Spoilers****

No Caption Provided

CURRENTLY

Red Lantern  Corp- Currently, Atrocitus is the leader of the Red Lantern Corp but there is a strong rebellion building. Also, the Central Power Battery of the Red Lanterns has been poisoned and is slowly killing all of it's members. 

Green Lantern  Corp - The Green Lantern Corps as we know it is facing a total complete annihilation. The Guardians of the Universe are planning to do away with the current members of the Corps and begin with a new "Third Army" (The first was the Manhunters and then the current Green Lantern Corps).  

Blue Lantern Corp- The Blue Lantern Corps has lost its Guardians (Sayd is a slave to Larfleeze and Ganthet has had all of his emotions purged by the other Guardians and is back with the Green Lantern Corps). Saint Walker has been unofficially anointed as the leader of the Blue Corps. The Blue Corps has also expanded its numbers greatly and is currently taking on recruits. The Corps themselves and Odym (their home planet) is currently under attack by the Reach. The Reach desire to steal the energy held within their central power battery. 

Yellow (Formally Sinestro)  Lantern Corp- Ever since Sinestro became a Green Lantern at the end of the War of The Green Lanterns the Yellow Corps have been in a state of disarray. During a mission in which Hal Jordan and Sinestro were trapped on Korugar, they were able to destroy the Central Power Battery of the Yellow Lantern Corps. A Ring was reforged by a man called The Weaponer. He gave this ring to Arkillo who at this moment is the only member of the Yellow Lantern Corps. Making him it's new leader. 

Orange Lantern  Corp- Larfleeze has brainwashed Sayd who has become his ever faithful slave. He is currently being sought by an immensely powerful being named Invictus who wishes to kill him. 

Star Sapphire  Lantern Corp- Has recently determined that the disasters currently afflicting all the other Corps is not a coincidence 

Indigo Tribe- The Indigo Lantern Corps have been discovered to be an army created by Abin Sur in order to fight the Guardians when the time is right. They are the worst of murderers and criminals from throughout the Universe but are controlled when they have their rings. Without them, they would revert back to their natural criminal state of mind. They recently suffered total destruction of their power source but a "spark" of their power was created due to one of it's former members feeling compassion. Their members are all back (except for one who died during the conflict...or did he?) Whether or not they are at full power though remains to be seen.  

Black Lantern  Corp- Is back! William Hand was an Indigo Lantern but when the Indigo Power source was destroyed he was released from his "chains" and began to run. Before the ring could catch up to him after it's power was reactivated he jumped off a cliff and killed himself. He awoke several moments later and out of his mouth came a Black Lantern Ring that placed itself on his finger. 

White Lantern Corp- (No information about this Corps has been seen in The New 52) 

Updated 6-21-2012 

Let's discuss! 

If anyone has any specific questions as to what is currently happening to a specific member feel free to ask here.
    coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By coolguyr99

@Kallarkz: Do you have any ideas on who the third army might be?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kallarkz
    @coolguyr99 said:

I don't. I wonder what it could be though. 
    They have tried emotionless machines and that didn't work. 
    Then they gave the power to sentient beings with emotions but they didn't like that. 
    And then they gave the power to machine/organic beings (The Alpha Lanterns) and the don't seem pleased with them either. 

I'm really curious as to what Johns has planned for this.
    TheCommissar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheCommissar

@Kallarkz said:

@coolguyr99 said:

I don't. I wonder what it could be though. They have tried emotionless machines and that didn't work. Then they gave the power to sentient beings with emotions but they didn't like that. And then they gave the power to machine/organic beings (The Alpha Lanterns) and the don't seem pleased with them either. I'm really curious as to what Johns has planned for this.

I wrote a couple blogs on the subject, myself, at the risk of sounding like some kind of egotistical advertiser.

At any rate I, for one, welcome our new Green Lantern thread overlords.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.