Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Why Emma Frost Is Better Off Without Scott Summers

Unwritten Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Unwritten Duck

I've never liked the X-men as a whole because not enough thought is put into each character and you have unequal representation. Even with my limited knowledge of the X-men I can say that I've never cared for Scott Summers, and that Emma Frost has always interested me, but I've never read anything that can give me a good feel for the character so that I call myself an Emma Frost Fan. If Emma leaving Scott will give fans another chance to become better acquainted with her then I definitely think they should split.

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -3

@Ladyspider: YES!

@FadeToBlackBolt: Have I told you lately, that I love you?

@Chris2KLee: Well, you'd have trouble letting your wife go if she had JUST DIED. Scott was feeling guilty for his affair with Emma (even though he was better off with her), so that was what was driving him to refuse her offer. Jean (as Phoenix) saw that Scott was happy with Emma in ways he hadn't been in years and realized he should be with her. It also helps that the Phoenix's premonition showed Jean that if Scott didn't accept Emma's offer, the world would go to s**t.

@nikbackm said:

Just a quick comment regarding this part "but with Cyclops and Wolverine at each others' throats (over a woman who has been dead for the last 7 years), what does it mean for the leadership and future of the X-Men?"

They didn't fight over Jean Grey in Schism (even if a very superficial reading might perhaps give that impression). Cyclops simply used her to strike at Wolverine, who then followed suit (perhaps in a more respectful way to her).

As stated by Jason Aaron here:

Marvel.com: One thing that really struck me is how the mention of Jean Grey put things over the edge for Wolverine and Cyclops. We saw this briefly touched upon once before in an issue of WOLVERINE you wrote, but how would you describe this thing they share over a certain redhead?

Jason Aaron: Well, you can’t do a story about tensions between Cyclops and Wolverine without mentioning Jean at some point. It’s a love triangle that was at the heart of the X-Men for years, so I just like the idea that in the midst of a heated debate it’d come out. Once it got ugly, Cyclops went for something to hurt Logan and that’s the first thing to pull out: mentioning Jean. He pulls it out without mentioning her by name, but it’s spelled out. And of course Logan fires back. That shows that things were getting ugly and personal. We’ve seen these two fight before, but nothing like this, nothing on this level.

This just further solidifies my dislike for Aaron. Just because the love triangle was important years ago, you feel like you still NEED to bring it up? That's just poor storytelling, you're relying on a crutch of stories long since buried. Both Cyclops and Wolverine deserve to be portrayed better, they shouldn't be taking petty jabs at one another involving a woman who's been in the ground for nearly a decade. If the lines involving Jean were taken out entirely, and the two just exchanged intense glares before beginning to fight, it would have been a lot more poignant (not that Schism is all that poignant to begin with).

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By No_Name_

@Unwritten Duck said:

I've never liked the X-men as a whole because not enough thought is put into each character and you have unequal representation. Even with my limited knowledge of the X-men I can say that I've never cared for Scott Summers, and that Emma Frost has always interested me, but I've never read anything that can give me a good feel for the character so that I call myself an Emma Frost Fan. If Emma leaving Scott will give fans another chance to become better acquainted with her then I definitely think they should split.

Her mini series from 2003 was actually pretty great. :)

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By pixelized

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

you completely glossed over the fact that Emma is

A BETTER PERSON BECAUSE OF BEING WITH SCOTT.

Ignoring the fact that since being with Scott Emma has risen to a new level of prominence in the Mutant Community and isn't being treated as a subservient slave like she was with Shaw, but as a partner and confidant.

Is this what you're using as a reason for them to stay together forever? She's had minor growth so she shouldn't ever leave him? As I said in my earlier post, there's been a lot of bad writing with Emma being the victim for a bulk of it, but in general their chemistry has fluttered. Think back to that issue of Uncanny where they're hanging out in the Savage Land with Ka-Zar and we get to know that Emma is madly in love with Cyclops, more than she's ever been with another man, and then think of now. Part of the reason why I love Hulkling and Wiccan together is that you're constantly reminded of how much they care for one another. If Hulkling thinks Wiccan is on his way to doing something dangerous, he tags along and vice versa. We don't get anything close to that from Summers/Frost.

I believe the reason for Emma's position within the "Mutant Community" whatever it may be, is due to more of the absence of a stronger telepath. Xavier was always the mutant mind, but with him gone, Emma merely filled a void.

@karrob said:

@ssejllenrad said:

She's always be second best to Jean in Scott's heart. With that being said, I would like Emma and Cykes to stay together.

Agreed!

I think that's rather undeniable. Jean was his first in every sense of the word, then dies only to comeback and die again. You always hear from people that have lost loved ones how they would "give anything" just to have one more moment with them, and Scott had that chance. He can't just drop that emotion nor history with her and just as naturally, every future relationship will be compared to that one, any writer to say differently would just be dumb. Also both of his ladies being telepathic just further intensifies the scrutiny.

alicemalice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#155  Edited By alicemalice

I disagree as well. The best comic to point to about their relationship being interesting is Astonishing X-men, where it develops into love. Their relationship has problems, quite like a realistic ones. Past loves (especially dead ones) and temptations arise.

Some writers also write her better than others, and manage to keep that co-leader aspact of Emma.

However. If they did split I'd be curious to see Namor and Emma interactions in the future. Their historyc

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#156  Edited By fodigg

@Babs said:

I know a lot of you guys don't agree with my opinion (and no one is asking you to) but thanks for reading the article :)

It was well written and has resulted in an interesting, engaging discussion. Please don't take my disagreement with your thesis for criticism of your column.

Unwritten Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Unwritten Duck

@Babs: I've been looking into buying the trade for quite sometime. I'm just looking for a mean to get it for cheaper than it's $25 price tag.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#158  Edited By Mercy_
    @Unwritten Duck

Read Morrison's New X-Men run and Whedon's Astonishing run. That's Emma as she should be.
    Unwritten Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Unwritten Duck

@The Dark Huntress: I have part of Morrison's run. The Story lines I have collected are "Murder at the Mansion" and "Assault on Weapon X Plus."

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Mercy_
    @Unwritten Duck Murder at the Mansion is excellent.
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#161  Edited By No_Name_

@Unwritten Duck said:

@Babs: I've been looking into buying the trade for quite sometime. I'm just looking for a mean to get it for cheaper than it's $25 price tag.

I read the issues on the Marvel website :) It's a better bargain than buying the trade, but if you're an Emma fan it might be something you want to have on your bookshelf.

Unwritten Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Unwritten Duck

@Babs: I think I might try that because $5.00 a month for that looks like it would be a big money saver. Like I said earlier, I don't know enough about her to call myself a fan, so this seems like the better alternative.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#163  Edited By Timandm

@FadeToBlackBolt:"Self serving masterbation?" Um... Is there any other kind? If there is then I think I'm missing out on something!!!

Yep, I'm well known for ranting/being a d**k on here,

I've never noticed. Maybe we should form a club. You come up with a agenda, I'll come up with a secret handshake...

******************* REGARDING THE CYCLOPS BASHING ***********************

Now, as FadeToBlackBolt can testify, I'm usually all for bashing Cyclops... I'm not exactly his biggest fan...

But all too often, he gets a raw deal, and it seems rather obvious that, THAT is what's happening here.

Let's get back to the question at hand, shall we?

WOULD EMMA FROST BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT SCOTT SUMMERS?

Well, would she? What exactly would be "better off" in this case? Let's look at where EMMA WAS BEFORE SCOTT.

The Hellfire club, being a sub to a Murderous Sebastian Shaw. (That doesn't sound good.) Her Hellions all died... That was a bad situation... Remember the first day Kitty Pride joined the X-Men? EMMA KIDNAPPED THEM...

But that was LONG LONG ago in the past, wasn't it? On the Marvel timeline that was like SIX WHOLE YEARS AGO... So let's fast forward to her happier days on Genosha where she was subservient to a well meaning, compassionate, easy going Magneto who naturally saw her as his complete and total equal... Was Emma happy there? Was she better off than she is now? Was she a better person than she is now??? I don't think so, but that's just me. I'm against things like subjugating an entire race, or kidnapping, or murder. But like I said, that's just me...

So, Genosha is attacked and nearly everyone on the island is killed. It was heartbreaking to see Emma come out of the rubble in her newly discovered diamond form, with the body of Negasonic..um.. what'shername. Emma's students. Anyway, all of Emma's students died, once again. Please note, this was NOT EMMA'S fault...

So, let's fast forward ahead.. Emma joins the X-Men... Since then she, to my knowledge, hasn't committed a crime. Sure, at times she's been a bitch, but who hasn't. I'm a bitch on a regular basis, but it works better on Emma. But Emma isn't part of an organization that wants to control or take over the world. She's no longer kidnapping super heroes. And though she has made mistakes with her students (Like the time she tortured X-23) she has done a much better job with them. As a person, Emma Frost is SO MUCH BETTER NOW than she was just a few years ago (a few years on the Marvel timeline. Keep in mind 5 years for us is about 1 year for Marvel)

Now, while Scott isn't perfect (unlike the rest of us) no one in his or her right mind who has actually read the X-Men series could deny that Scott Summers has had a significant POSITIVE effect on Emma. He's not just been good for her, but he's been GREAT for her... To write about their relationship as if it is completely one-sided is.. well it's wrong... Scott, on some level, HAS been a positive influence and inspiration to Emma Frost... There's simply no denying that... She is, quite simply, a better person today, than she was before Scott Summers...

HOWEVER, does that mean she should stay with him????? Like many people, I think Emma should be leading a team.. Somewhere, for some purpose... Emma is an Alpha dog! I would say Alpha bitch but that might come out sounding wrong... So, yes, I want to see her out in front, in charge of something.... I want to see her "inner bitch" come out.. I'm borrowing that phrase from someone in here...

BUT... Emma doesn't have to leave Scott to bring out whatever it is she's been holding back... If She loves Him and He loves her... Then... dangit... they should stay together...

My inlaws sort of hate me... Some of you have seen me rant in here, can you blame them? They would love to see my wife leave me... But She loves me. :-) and I love her... We belong together... As far as I'm concerned my inlaws can go smurf themselves. (and I mean that in the bad way.) I'm happy. My wife is happy. (or so she tells me)... We belong together.

Scott loves Emma... Emma loves Scott. Is her perfect? LOL!!!! Not only no, but SMURF NO. Is SHE perfect? (I'm not talking about her body and looks guys) No.. she isn't. But are they perfect for each other??? I think she's been VERY GOOD for him and he's been great for her... They've made each other better... So, let's give these kids a chance...

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By labarith

In a sense I agree, but Emma's had several recent arcs where she's doing stuff alone, w/o cyclops, and she's been fine.

If she looks like she does whatever Scott says now... I think that's because of the dire situation. There's no "this is how I want to run the school" debates because there's no school, more or less - it's just a bunch of losers on an island. And she's not thinking about tomorrow because that's the mindset Scott, and everyone, are in. Emma, like Scott, has thrown all her eggs into the Utopia basket. And maybe she'll debate whether Wolverine's right later on, but for now... she'll stick by Cyclops.

And when somebody "retcons" her into mind controlling Scott all this time, we'll look back on this and laugh.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By pixelized

@Unwritten Duck said:

@Babs: I think I might try that because $5.00 a month for that looks like it would be a big money saver. Like I said earlier, I don't know enough about her to call myself a fan, so this seems like the better alternative.

I'd like to co-sign on how stellar the Emma series is. Her power is telepathy so right off the bat you know there isn't going to be a ton of flash and sparkle in terms of action scenes, but the writing is so great that it more than makes up for all of that. It's quite gripping, even for non fans.

Avatar image for accountwillbede
    accountwillbede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#166  Edited By accountwillbede

Emma was a character that was at her best as a villain/antihero. She would make a fantastic Magneto analog in the new world of X-books. Cyclops dating her in the first place made me extremely mad. He and Jean were supposed to have something special, but he "psionically cheated" on her with White queen. That story arc made me angry and hate Cyclops's character forever. He lost his credibility as a leader just like most scandals have done to former Presidents of the USA. I think White Queen needed to do something like Generation X or the Hellions again, but teach survival skills instead of super-heroing. The role of Hero does not suit her, the role of Self defense instructor seems much more appropriate.

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By EpitomeofCool

@Asok said:

I kind of want her to die. >_>

lol im w/ you..

..lets just have jean come back and kill them both......everyone needs to take there share in dying for several years w/ the x-men..
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By riri4life

Oh Babs, I love that u had to thow Namor in there as a suggestion. lol 
    To be honest, I think Scott and Emma deserve each other. It's seems like every time she branches out from the X-men it's usually for shady purposes. I would be fine if they took a break from each other for a while though. I actually prefer my Emma evil. This being a hero thing and pretending to care for others was always an awkward fit for her IMO.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By One_Eye

@ApatheticAvenger: There are things that I agree wit things that I don't. Yes, Emma's character has taken a back seat as of late, however, like previous people have sated,, it's due to bad writing NOT Scott Summers. Needless to say, both Morrison, Whedon, and Ellis have written great to overall solid portrayals of Emma Frost. I don't why people are always quick to blame to depreciation of a female on a male. It NEVER fails. I've heard it with Black Panther and even with Scott Free! It's never the writers fault and honestly it's beyond annoying the heck out of me.

There comes a time wen one has to make the distinction of segregation of character and writer. If anything, people are fluid. They change. There's no guarantee that one is going to be the same person they were even yesterday. With that said, character change as do actual people themselves so perhaps Emma is just putting aside her usual behavior for the better good. Maybe she knows that now isn't the right time to be playing mind-games with anyone when the state of mutant affairs is being compromised yet again! Or hey, here's a thought; what others see as cheerleading is perhaps is her actually SUPPORTING her boyfriend!

As for Namor, just no. Emma deserves better than to be just another notch Namor's belt and she knows it. She's made it clear to him plenty of times that there was nothing beyond a few sexual encounters and nothing more. Anyone wanting to see the two together just simply wants her away from Scott even at the possible expense of her character. Namor really just seems to like the challenge of women who are taken in my opinion. And she CERTAINTLY wouldn't touch Wolverine with a ten-foot pole. ((I mean let's face it, not even Squirrel Girl wants the guy....o_o...))

As for all the Scott-hate; I've gotten used to it myself. I personally the direction of Scott's character as I find him even more interesting now. What can I say? I LOVE flawed characters! They feel more grounded and seem to have a lot more room for growth! I loved Scott's character even during his boyscout days, however, it seems tat people became bored with him, seeing as noting more than "Captain America Lite." Well, he certainly feels like his own character now more than ever and I hope it stays that way!

I digressed, however, I feel that the Emma of old will return once this debauchery that is Schism blows over and Scott and Emma will be back to their dysfunctional((I mean that in the most flattering way possible, honestly)) relationship.

caladbolglight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#170  Edited By caladbolglight

I think that the writers will give her a more prominent role...eventually. Tons of people absolutely love her. And while I don't think that Jean should stay dead, I think that she should make little cameos. I mean, she is the Phoenix Force now. And not just the host, she IS the Phoenix Force. Surely she has better things on her mind than Scott Summers, no matter how much history they had.  
    If I could make one wish, it would be to make Emma leader of the X-Men. I find Cyclops INCREDIBLY boring. He's all efficiency and no emotion. I think that Emma would run the X-Men like a drill sergeant but still seem like someone who would cover your back. Cyclops seems like the kind of guy who would ditch you if the situation seemed even slightly hopeless. Boo.
    sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By sparty-dbq

I have a... let's say "racy" joke as to why Scott and Emma are actually perfect for each other, but since I don't know the approximate ages of people who see these comments, and since I certainly don't want to be banned from the site, I'll just have to keep it to myself.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#172  Edited By SpidermanWins

Unfortunately Emma must face the sad truth. One of the most beloved and awesome X-Men leaders... has become a complete douche

treysome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By treysome

Emma is far more interesting by herself and manipulating people to get her way, now she is just the girlfriend who agrees, bring back her edge

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Mercy_

@Shoe said:

He and Jean were supposed to have something special, but he "psionically cheated" on her with White queen.

Jean and Scott's marriage was over in every way except for legally before Emma ever entered the picture.

That story arc made me angry and hate Cyclops's character forever.

So, do you hate Jean as well? Because she's made sex eyes with Wolverine how many times? And has outright cheated with him as well.

He lost his credibility as a leader just like most scandals have done to former Presidents of the USA.

This is ridiculous. Making what you view as a bad personal decision doesn't discredit or demean his tactical ability or his ability to lead.

@treysome: That's due to terrible writing, though. It's not so much that she's mellowed as much as it is Fraction being a terrible writer.

@SpidermanWins said:

Unfortunately Emma must face the sad truth. One of the most beloved and awesome X-Men leaders... has become a complete douche

fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By fivestarga
    @caladbolglight

So, Cyke seems like the kind of guy who would bail in a hopeless situation? Have you been reading the comics after the house of M? When the mutant race was reduced to a fraction and he stepped up and took leadership. Second coming seemed as hopeless of a situation as you can get, and yet he lead them through.

I call complete BS on 90 percent of the Cyke haters who comment on these crappy articles because they never make a valid argument as to why he's  "douche" other than to say he's emotionless or boring. How can you discount everything the man has done and sacrificed? Not to mention Emma has become a better person as a result of being with him.

He's the boss, the man, how many of you all who are old enough to work really like your boss?
    CrimsonTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#176  Edited By CrimsonTempest
    @The Dark Huntress said:

Game. Set. Match. Any anti-Cyke argument coming after this is invalid.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By daredevil21134

Cyclops is better without Emma

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By daredevil21134

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Fraction just needs to stick to Iron Man and NEVER AGAIN touch the X-Men.

He sucks at Iron Man too lol

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#179  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Unwritten Duck said:

I definitely agree with you that one of the problems with the X-Men franchise is that there are like millions of other characters in this franchise, but only a few are really focused on. I would like to see more of the other X-Men characters being put in the lead in the future so that way we would know more about their character. 

As for whether or not Emma is better off without Scott, I personally like them together and I think that the reason why Emma is not portrayed as the strong yet manipulative person that she was early on is because of bad writing.  Joss Whedon knew how to make Emma and Scott both strong leaders in their own ways without making one of them seem weak compare to the other and the issue with how Emma and Scott's relationship with each other is being written lately is that the writers don't know how to write it where both Emma and Scott are strong leaders and even though they might disagree with each other's ideals for the X-Men, they would still find a common ground with each other that will ensure their relationship is still succesful.
    Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
    Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

(Facepalm). There aren't words to describe the pointlessness. Must leave...before...start abusing...

You know what? Screw this. I'm not letting you off that easily. Cyclops cops enough flack from idiots who have no idea what they're talking about, he doesn't need it in inaccurate freaking staff articles.

Did you happen to mention that Schism is;

A COMPLETE DISGRACE TO X-MEN CANON, A VILE PIECE OF SELF-SERVING MASTURBATION, AND AN INSULT TO ANYONE WITH AN IQ ABOVE 12?

No? Of course you didn't, because that wouldn't support your argument. Speaking of, what was your argument? That Emma is disrespected by Cyclops because Namor said so? Namor? A man well known for his integrity, and not at all narcissistic tendencies? Never mind that the majority of your scans are from what is generally acknowledged to be the WORST run in X-Men history, you completely glossed over the fact that Emma is

Ignoring the fact that since being with Scott Emma has risen to a new level of prominence in the Mutant Community and isn't being treated as a subservient slave like she was with Shaw, but as a partner and confidant. But hey, let's reference Scott loving Jean more than Emma,

DESPITE THAT BEING PROVED FALSE NUMEROUS TIMES BEFORE. AND NOT IN STORIES WRITTEN BY IDIOTIC FANBOYS.

But I mean, if we acknowledge that, we'd have to read a comic starring the two from before the start of this year.

This is so full of win.

Avatar image for chairmangorilla
    ChairManGorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By ChairManGorilla

@Babs: First Post. Were talking about a former queen of the hell-fire club. While I am not trying to diminish writers who have used her as the scapegoat to get over jean, looking at it characteristically why would she not see an opportunity to use Scott to advance her own (or the hell fire clubs goals). This is not a 1 dimensional harlot. If any x-writer has some common sense jeans going to come back and expose Emma as the impetus for Scott irrational decisions over the last few years . Which with the new movie would re-establish them as a credible threat........... Now every body break loose, footloose

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#182  Edited By Hawkeye446

Fascinating. When it comes to Emma being better off without Cyclops, of course she wouldn't be. I mean, everyone has pointed out she was a VILLAIN beforehand. Again, people have gone into great depth to explain that she isn't better off.

Funny though. I have never liked Cyclops, and Schism was one the first times I have warmed up to him. I mean, why are so many people can get angry at Cyclops for endangering some kids? Coming from Wolverine that's rich... Cyclops in my opinion had plenty of merit for deciding that...

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Mercy_

@Hawkeye446 said:

Fascinating. When it comes to Emma being better off without Cyclops, of course she wouldn't be. I mean, everyone has pointed out she was a VILLAIN beforehand.

Whoa. Let's hold up there for a second. She was leading Generation X with Banshee long before she was ever with Scott. Her transformation into the person she is now today is partially due to Scott and their partnership, but he is by no means solely responsible for it.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#184  Edited By Hawkeye446

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Hawkeye446 said:

Fascinating. When it comes to Emma being better off without Cyclops, of course she wouldn't be. I mean, everyone has pointed out she was a VILLAIN beforehand.

Whoa. Let's hold up there for a second. She was leading Generation X with Banshee long before she was ever with Scott. Her transformation into the person she is now today is partially due to Scott and their partnership, but he is by no means solely responsible for it.

SORRY! You are completely right, I overlooked that! But I still believe that being with him shaped her into a 'better person'.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Mercy_

@Hawkeye446 said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Hawkeye446 said:

SORRY! You are completely right, I overlooked that! But I still believe that being with him shaped her into a 'better person'.

No worries :)

And I agree with you on that.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By iLLituracy

He loves Jean more. Did he leave his wife for Emma like he did for Jean---? oh wait...

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#187  Edited By Aiden Cross

I'm glad to see us 'rabid fanboys' as a staff members like to call us in pm are making such convincing arguments =)

Cyclops and Emma are a great couple. Neither of them hold each other down. They're complimenting each other. If anything it's the writers fault that Emma is taking a bit more of a backseat.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Mercy_

@iLLituracy said:

He loves Jean more. Did he leave his wife for Emma like he did for Jean---? oh wait...

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By pixelized

The way some people talk about them, you'd think Scott literally picked Emma up from off the street and was the Richard Gere to her Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#190  Edited By lorex

I think Emma and Scott are great together and far better for each other than Scott and Jean ever were. Like many comic book relationships they are the recieving end of bad writing. Yes Scott could stand to be less of a tool sometimes and Emma needs to be a bit more cold and bitchy but that comes from good writing. Personally I think they should have a child together, unlikely as comic's are gunshy about heroes having children in comics.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@pixelized said:

The way some people talk about them, you'd think Scott literally picked Emma up from off the street and was the Richard Gere to her Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.

LMAO

Well they do share similar boots?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Mercy_

@pixelized said:

And this is why we love you.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By pixelized

@.Mistress Redhead. said:

@pixelized said:

LMAO

Well they do share similar boots?

That is true...

@The Dark Huntress said:

@pixelized said:

And this is why we love you.

I just don't see the crack pipe he got her off of to transform her into this, "better person" that has been mentioned so often in this thread. Has she had a little growth since they've been together? A bit, but it's not like she ended her habit of clubbing puppies to death because Scott asked her.

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By JBBuc

@TheDynamo6 said:

Like everyone else has said it's basically due to the writers and editorial staff. Her and Scott aren't bad together, it's just the writing, which has taken a pretty big spiral.

I agree with the article entirely. I also think that those who have pointed out the writers lacking the chops to write strong female characters are right on the money. These guys really seem to lack any imagination when it comes to writing female characters. People talk about her being in a relationship with Scott or Namor or this guy or that... I ask why she has to be in a relationship at all? Emma had her own vision for the Hellions, She should have her own vision for the X-Men?

She had to have high level connections in business and politics during her time with the Hellfire Club as well as through her own company. Her family was also very wealthy. Surely there are connections there as well. Add to that Emma's telepathic abilities and she should have a level of influence in the government that no other X-Man ever had.

So while Scott and Logan fight it out over the memory of Jean, Emma could be gathering all of the members who don't want to be caught up in their personal issues, using her connections to gain fringe governmental or corporate backing and unveil potentially the most powerful X-Men faction of the three. And when she shows up with her team (with could include Storm, Namor, Cloak and Dagger, maybe Jubilee), she can dump Scott and go on to be a her own unique X-Men leader.

Well, that's what I would do anyway.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#195  Edited By The Mast

If anyone believes for one second that Namor actually digs her rather than wanting to bone and have royal arm candy, they're wilding.

Namor would suck face with himself if he could.

Emma has been good for Scott, but her rubbing off on him has made him stronger, while he's made her weaker. Not because he sucks, but because we enjoyed her more. The only person who knows if she's happier now or TRYING to be happier now is Emma.

Namor is a dumbass. "He married the redhead." Yes, and look what happened. He's not gonna make the same (Arguably) mistakes again. Before pre-Emma Cyke was a wuss, post-Emma Cyke is a dick. He can't catch a break.

I don't like the dude, but if Civil War happened for real, and I had to stand behind a man. It would be Rogers or Summers. Believe that. Wolverine openly admits Cyke is worth following, and that's good enough for me. Wolverine is terrirtorial, a guy and shared love with Cyke's truest love. If you've ever shared a crush with a rival, you KNOW how hard that is. For him to admit Cyke is a good leader, that's enough.

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By EpitomeofCool
    @HexThis said:

Babs is 100% correct.

Emma Frost has spent a good portion of her duration with the X-men apologizing for everything that she is or ever was (evil, icy, not Jean). She's reached a complete impasse where she's really just designated as the bitchy trophy wife who picks people's brains and turns into solid diamond every now and then. Constantly replaying the cycle of neuroses she has about living up to Scott's expectations just makes her seem pathetic.

Magneto, Namor, and Wolverine don't need a living salvation to wrap their legs around in repentance so then why should Emma? I say that Emma and Magneto should create a the third break in the mutant population where all the cool juvenile kids go...they're a bit too good for Scott's generic-B-movie-action-flick style tactics.

And...actually, I think Jean should get with Namor.

good point..
    Eet Mor Puppee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Eet Mor Puppee

Emma used to be an ancillary character. Since she hooked up with Scott she is arguably the most prominent and popular female character in the Marvel Universe.

That is all.

rpgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By rpgr

No, don't break up Emma and Scott. IMO after what happened in Schism, Scott should relinquish leadership to Emma, period. Field commander Scott is ok but overall leadership should be given to Emma.

Plotwise/teaserwise that makes sense as Cyclops fears becoming a Magneto not to mention Emma was the first one shown on Uncanny 1. This would bring her back to the forefront. I do agree that Emma has been written badly over the past years. The good arcs with her were under Morrison (entire run), Whedon (entire run) and Ellis (Xenogenesis)

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Kid_Zombie

@Andy Steven Summers said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

(Facepalm). There aren't words to describe the pointlessness. Must leave...before...start abusing...

You know what? Screw this. I'm not letting you off that easily. Cyclops cops enough flack from idiots who have no idea what they're talking about, he doesn't need it in inaccurate freaking staff articles.

Did you happen to mention that Schism is;

A COMPLETE DISGRACE TO X-MEN CANON, A VILE PIECE OF SELF-SERVING MASTURBATION, AND AN INSULT TO ANYONE WITH AN IQ ABOVE 12?

No? Of course you didn't, because that wouldn't support your argument. Speaking of, what was your argument? That Emma is disrespected by Cyclops because Namor said so? Namor? A man well known for his integrity, and not at all narcissistic tendencies? Never mind that the majority of your scans are from what is generally acknowledged to be the WORST run in X-Men history, you completely glossed over the fact that Emma is

Ignoring the fact that since being with Scott Emma has risen to a new level of prominence in the Mutant Community and isn't being treated as a subservient slave like she was with Shaw, but as a partner and confidant. But hey, let's reference Scott loving Jean more than Emma,

DESPITE THAT BEING PROVED FALSE NUMEROUS TIMES BEFORE. AND NOT IN STORIES WRITTEN BY IDIOTIC FANBOYS.

But I mean, if we acknowledge that, we'd have to read a comic starring the two from before the start of this year.

This is so full of win.

Agree with this!!

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe you should stop tryin to find oppressive husband syndromes where there are none.. Though arguably successful in her own right pre Slim/Utopia era.. She has grown &evolved immeasurably SINCE their "merger" &though HE would NEVER hold it over her head.. She owes Ckyke a helluva lot more than he does her.. coz truth be told Slim woulda found a way to get the job done regardlessof her prescence &support..

Its like the f@cked up cases u hear of in court where a woman marries an already successful man already on his way to even greater things &then as soon as they get divorced she claims ALL credit for his success &u get all these over-entitled baby beak mouthed vultures crying out for equal split/invoking womens rights (smf'nh) &usually sayin "she dint need him anyway" etc O_o nahh dont think so hombre.. Not THIS time

like Ed Sheeran once sang.. "You need Me man..I dont need You"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.