Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

What Super Hero name would you give Emma?

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Mutant God

Diamond Doll
    Dreamspinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Dreamspinner
    @Shadowdoggy: I appreciate that. Sorry if I seemed rude, I just didn't get why people would come into an Emma Frost thread if it was only to make up cheap and insulting codenames for her.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @Dreamspinner:
    yeah, it's a given when it comes to Emma 
    damn jean-lovers   ; )
    Dreamspinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Dreamspinner
    @Shadowdoggy: Haha! You're probably right. :P
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#55  Edited By uncanny89

TBH i dont really think she needs a codename simply because she isnt really in the field that much to warrant having a code name, the same thing goes for Charles yeah he does have the prof. X thing but is that really a code name?  Besides why can't she just be the White Queen? its who she is imo.   

Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Lokheit

When the characters are named by their codename, she is still called the White Queen, and I like it, not only was her title on the HC, but it's also the most powerfull piece on chest (the queen is the most powerful piece and the White side is the one who uses to win), so it's a good representation of her power.

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#57  Edited By uncanny89
    @Lokheit:  totally agree 
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Bestostero

I like Ice Doll!!!  And someone mentioned using just her last name Frost, but what about her middle name Grace?  Its not exciting, but it reflects her well I believe...

And good point Lokheit. lol at comic book sluts lol

eldestrisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By eldestrisk

I think a super name just doesn't suit her.

TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TheVindicator

Over-used-lame-bustier woman.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By Korg
    • Incompetent Childslayer 
    • Home Wrecker 
    • Jean Grey mk. 2  
    • Fantastic Plastic Woman
    • Lame Brain 
    • The Elitist 
    • Power Hungry Superb!tch
    • Lingerie Girl
    • Control Freak
    • Useless <---- My top pick
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Bestostero
    @Korg:  LMAO Home Wrecker!!!  Your list is awesome lol
    Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#63  Edited By Silver Knight75

I'm okay with White Queen

Darksteelwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Darksteelwing

Geez, this thread is crawling with haters. Have you guys ever heard the phrase "if you don't have anything to say, don't say anything at all"?
    Back on topic:

@Lokheit

said:

" When the characters are named by their codename, she is still called the White Queen, and I like it, not only was her title on the HC, but it's also the most powerfull piece on chest (the queen is the most powerful piece and the White side is the one who uses to win), so it's a good representation of her power. "

Good reasoning. The white side has the upper hand because it is always the first one to make a move, which reflects well the powers of a telepath.

@Shadowdoggy:  Flawless... Sounds good to me. As you said, it reflects both her powers (well, at least a part of them) and her personality.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Korg
    @Darksteelwing said:
    "Have you guys ever heard the phrase "if you don't have anything to say, don't say anything at all"?"
    No, and neither has Emma. 

@Darksteelwing said:
    " @Shadowdoggy:  Flawless... Sounds good to me. As you said, it reflects both her powers (well, at least a part of them) and her personality. "
    Except that Emma has a huge flaw in the middle of her face... Also, her personality is far from flawless.
    Darksteelwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Darksteelwing

@Korg said:

" @Darksteelwing said:
    "Have you guys ever heard the phrase "if you don't have anything to say, don't say anything at all"?"
    No, and neither has Emma. 

No comments.

@Korg said:
    @Darksteelwing said:
    " @Shadowdoggy:  Flawless... Sounds good to me. As you said, it reflects both her powers (well, at least a part of them) and her personality. "
    Except that Emma has a huge flaw in the middle of her face... Also, her personality is far from flawless. "

When I said it reflected her personality I meant the way she feels about herself, like Shadowdoggy said. 
    And yeah I know about the flaw. Scott has 2 eyes and people still call him Cyclops. It's the idea that matters.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Korg
    @Darksteelwing said:
    " When I said it reflected her personality I meant the way she feels about herself"
    That's also completely inaccurate.
    Darksteelwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Darksteelwing
    @Korg: How so?
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Korg
    @Darksteelwing: Well, Emma has undergone various cosmetic surgeries, suggesting that she doesn't have the self-confidence to show the world her real face. She has also stated her doubts about her worthiness of being with the X-Men on more than one occasion. Emma doesn't view herself as perfect, that's just the personality she affects.
    Darksteelwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Darksteelwing
    @Korg said:
    " @Darksteelwing: Well, Emma has undergone various cosmetic surgeries, suggesting that she doesn't have the self-confidence to show the world her real face. She has also stated her doubts about her worthiness of being with the X-Men on more than one occasion. Emma doesn't view herself as perfect, that's just the personality she affects. "
    Well, I know some people in the real world who have undergone cosmetic surgeries and that doesn't always mean a lack of self-confidence. Besides, even if she wasn't self-confident at the time she did the surgery, she is now.
    Good point on her doubts about being an worthy X-Men, though. This could stop her from picking Flawless as a codename.
    Mediant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#71  Edited By Mediant
    @Korg said:
    " @Darksteelwing said:
    No, and neither has Emma.  "
    Are you really faulting a fictional character for being rude and using it to justify your own sentiments?
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By dane

home wrecker sounds good.

Insignia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#73  Edited By Insignia

Blonde hair, blue eyes...abrasive personality, shaking morals...that's far from flawless.

The fact is that one person's flawless is another's nightmare and for me she is anything but flawless. Good character design but she's no where near perfect, in personality or looks.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Korg
    @Mediant said:

" Are you really faulting a fictional character for being rude and using it to justify your own sentiments? "

No, I was making a joke. Did you really not get that?
    Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#75  Edited By Hazlenaut

Pinnacle

Focal point

Psychic-shard

Mine-ral

Geminate

Concussion

These names can also be use for her kid,  or if she needs another alias.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DanialCarroll
    Crystaal was the first thing that came to my mind :)
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By DanialCarroll

And just for all the people that are insulting a fictional character, I have this famous quote for you: 

"I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way"  — Jessica Rabbit

:-P
    Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Aqua11500
    @Dreamspinner said:
    " @Shadowdoggy: Haha! You're probably right. :P "
    @Shadowdoggy said:
    " @Dreamspinner: yeah, it's a given when it comes to Emma damn jean-lovers   ; ) "
    LOL Not Jean lovers, women who have respect for themselves and want this pantie wearing prostitute to put on some clothes or be erased from comic history,this is why the world  see women the way they do,this is why we come second to men because we are just sex toys,wifes, housewifes too them...but NOT ME. 
     While we have other positive female role models like  Sue Storm WW, Strom and what not.. we got  Emma walking around in her lingerie for a fighting costume =/
    Mediant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#79  Edited By Mediant
    @Aqua11500: Sure the costume may be often little more than lingerie, but there's more to a character than their costume. She's not much of a role model, but not all characters are meant to be good role models (male and female alike) and they don't need to be.
    Dreamspinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Dreamspinner
    @Aqua11500: Okay first of all I am a woman with self-respect so I'd appreciate if you'd watch your probably well-meant but ineffectual comments.
    If you took the time to step outside of your apparently close-minded point of view, you'd know that Emma has said on numerous occasions that the "pantie and lingerie" that you describe as her costume are just another way for her to manipulate her enemies (more specifically the men, obviously). It's how she asserts control over men, not the other way around.
    Secondly, Emma Frost's costume is just that, it's not the reason some people (including you, judging from your comment) feel that "women come second to men", so don't get your non-lingerie panties in a wad. It's possible to be a self-respecting woman and a feminist without hating every female fictional character who shows a little skin..
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Korg

The idea of Emma's costume being a way of controlling men would be much more convincing if she wasn't a telepath who could alter anyone's perceptions of her to begin with. It's a half-assed excuse for her to show some skin. I don't have a problem with it, but trying to claim it's a legitimate psychological tactic of some kind is a bit of a stretch.

Dreamspinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Dreamspinner

I can see why you'd think that. I just happen to think that her being a telepath just means that she's used to thinking in terms of perception and manipulation. Why not do it with her wardrobe, too?

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Korg
    @Dreamspinner said:

" Why not do it with her wardrobe, too? "

It's completely superfluous, considering her telepathic abilities. Most female characters have costumes that leave very little to the imagination. It rarely, if ever, prevents people from attacking them, and it's even more rare that a female character is able to throw an opponent off by wearing something skimpy.
    Dreamspinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Dreamspinner

Sure.

WoundingFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By WoundingFactor

Captain Homewrecker

Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Aqua11500
    @Dreamspinner said:
    " @Aqua11500: Okay first of all I am a woman with self-respect so I'd appreciate if you'd watch your probably well-meant but ineffectual comments.
    If you took the time to step outside of your apparently close-minded point of view, you'd know that Emma has said on numerous occasions that the "pantie and lingerie" that you describe as her costume are just another way for her to manipulate her enemies (more specifically the men, obviously). It's how she asserts control over men, not the other way around.
    Secondly, Emma Frost's costume is just that, it's not the reason some people (including you, judging from your comment) feel that "women come second to men", so don't get your non-lingerie panties in a wad. It's possible to be a self-respecting woman and a feminist without hating every female fictional character who shows a little skin.. "
    Hmm well nice to know that you think being a slut is ok,still it's no excuse for a woman with telepathic powers to "manipulate" enemies with almost her entire bust hanging out.Also i am nowhere near close minded,i step out of the box all the time i am rather a free spirited person,and i don't think that we as women come second to men,if anything you  misread my comment.i stated this is why the world sees us this way. 

There is way to be sexy and retain class and regalness, and then there is the cheap slutty way.
    Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Aqua11500
    @WoundingFactor said:
    " Captain Homewrecker "
    Good one.
    WoundingFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By WoundingFactor
    @Dreamspinner said:
    " @Aqua11500: Okay first of all I am a woman with self-respect so I'd appreciate if you'd watch your probably well-meant but ineffectual comments.
    Secondly, Emma Frost's costume is just that, it's not the reason some people (including you, judging from your comment) feel that "women come second to men", so don't get your non-lingerie panties in a wad. It's possible to be a self-respecting woman and a feminist without hating every female fictional character who shows a little skin.. "

I thought she asserted control over men with her infinitely more impressive psychic powers. You're right about Emma's costume just being a costume, and that's a problem that a lot of superheroes have. However, it's even more glaring as a bad idea in her case. Take Psylocke's costume for example: it's pretty much equally spare in comparison to Emma's, but when it comes down to it, she can wrap herself in a field of telekinesis if she needs armor at any time, without any real loss of combat function. With Emma, the only way she can become armored is by going to diamond form and sacrificing her powers of telepathy, which are in most scenarios her primary contribution to a fight.
    mighty dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#89  Edited By mighty dude

I kind of like Glamour. What do you guys think?
    Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Mutant God

Blondie  
    (Ha ha get it she has a heart of glass  )
    Avatar image for hurricanepanther
    HurricanePanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By HurricanePanther

the Telepathic BF stealer :D

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By xmenfallen

Diamond heart like what she used in the old times

BUT THE BEST IS STILL WHITE QUEEN

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#93  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

Vixen :) 

sandman813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#94  Edited By sandman813

How about Uber B*tch.
    FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By FunnyStuff707

Cutthroat

batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#96  Edited By batman_is_god
    @xhavoc86:
    @ComicMan24:
    Diamondheart sounds good.

Jean Grey does not have one either. Phoenix does not count.
    virgin4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By virgin4life

wolverine 2.

oldgum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By oldgum
    @batman_is_god said:
    " @xhavoc86: @ComicMan24: Diamondheart sounds good. Jean Grey does not have one either. Phoenix does not count. "
    She's the original Marvel Girl.
    N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#99  Edited By N7_Normandy

uhhh.....  The White Queen.  Regardless of the fact that she's not a member of the Hellfire club any longer, it perfectly embodies both her personality and demeanor

TheNightChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By TheNightChick
    @N7_Normandy said:
    " uhhh.....  The White Queen.  Regardless of the fact that she's not a member of the Hellfire club any longer, it perfectly embodies both her personality and demeanor "
    agree

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.