Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Tired of Her Being Called a Husband-Stealer

• 70 results
    KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By KenTheProfile

Yeah because Husband stealer is too nice. She is much more vile.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Shadowdoggy

how is she so hated by people? 
    sure, she was a villain 
    but so was Rogue 
    and no one seems to care that she's been an X-men for a few decades now 
    Emma has proven herself to be a reformed villain 
    she's been co-leader of the X-men for YEARS now 
    she had the chance to stab the X-men in the back as being a part of the Cabal 
    but when push came to shove, she was on the X-Men's side the whole time 
    it's really obnoxious that people think just because they have Famke Jansen as their screen saver, or because they still watch X-Men TAS on DVD every time they have a free moment, that it means they have to hate Jean's replacement 
    it's just sad
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I wonder if Morrison had any idea Frost would be so successful as an X-Woman? I'm pretty sure his original intent was to solely shock people. 

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By KenTheProfile
    @Shadowdoggy said:
    "how is she so hated by people? sure, she was a villain but so was Rogue and no one seems to care that she's been an X-men for a few decades now Emma has proven herself to be a reformed villain she's been co-leader of the X-men for YEARS now she had the chance to stab the X-men in the back as being a part of the Cabal but when push came to shove, she was on the X-Men's side the whole time it's really obnoxious that people think just because they have Famke Jansen as their screen saver, or because they still watch X-Men TAS on DVD every time they have a free moment, that it means they have to hate Jean's replacement it's just sad "

to clearify I love that she is vile. Husband stealer makes her seem like a whore. she is much more intrestring then that. 
    vile maybe to strong a word.  but it what i used
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#55  Edited By joshmightbe

this is similar to my hank pym argument 

Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Lokheit
    @War Killer said:
    " Personally I like Emma WAAAAAY more then I'll ever like Jean, Marvel just made Jean unappealing over the years in my opinion, plus Emma is a MUCH more interesting character to read about. "
    I liked Jean a lot on the good years. But Jean character was more and more unappealing with the time  (BTW another character that I find suffering the same unappealing evolution as Jean is Ororo, another character that I used to like a lot). 

A lot of people recall the psychic affair (wich technically would be like thinking on another woman while she thinks on you) but no one seems to remember than on the same Morrison series, and I think that before that affair, Jean and Logan shared a passionate PHYSICAL kiss and she never told Scott... 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#57  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Shadowdoggy: Often fans of other strong female characters, can tend to not like other strong female characters, because of how they think it reflects on their favorite character. Rather than see this as a good thing, for comics, comic fans, and even their favorite character, because its amazing when you have two strong and powerful female characters in comics, just talk, interact, disagree and agree with each other, especially under a good writer, they make veiled and cheap insults, to downplay their characters "competition" and its funny, because less threatening characters are viewed positively, or condescendingly.  

I think its a fear thing as well, Emma is a lot more blunt, raunchy, and sexually confident and aware than most other characters, and how she looks, and how she is, are two different things, and the world is a fast place and stereotypes are easy to be applied by how things look, opposed to how things are. There are much more 'safe' characters out there, in this regard, especially on the surface.  

I agree too, Jean fans, I think have a lot to gain over liking and appreciating Emma, and Emma fans with Jean too. 
    KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By KumoriKunoichi

Emma is much better :D

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By entropy_aegis

I've read emma's solo,and i can safely say it is one of the best ongoings i've ever read. 
    and leave poor scott alone.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#60  Edited By ReVamp
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @AgeofHurricane said:
    " I thought people already got it that she never stole Scott (pathetic excuse for a male) but i do think that she is still branded as a H-S because of what she did "
    I actually agree with this. I just don't think that she should be branded that way.  

@Alurvelve said:
    " @unicornpuncher said:
    " I just think its crazy that scott is hitting all the tail in the house and no ones even putting blame on him.  He made out with Psylocke, was with Jean then traded up to Emma.  Way to go Scott for not even trying that hard. "
    He didn't really make out with Psylocke. The 'slipped' kiss wasn't really his fault, but he still caught flack from Jean for his thoughts about Psylocke. They'd show her zapping him with some tk bolt or something at times he would think of her. By the pool for one instance. "
    That's ridiculous and really speaks to their whole marriage and the state that it was in.   "
    Regardless of my opinion on the current topic, I don't think that it is ridicolous. When Scott was daydreaming about Psylocke (and not in a nice way)  while next to Jean, its normal that she would interrupt his daydream. Scott's was feeling love for Psylocke and it was induced by her (without her knowledge but still). I think Aluverve portrayed the "tk bolt" kind of more violently than happened.
    unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By unicornpuncher

Hide yo kids, hide yo husbands!  Emma Frost is in yo hood!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

The bottom line is that it takes TWO (2) to tango.
    Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Enyalios

It wasn't Emma that walked away, it was Scott. Emma asked Scott to join her as co-headmasters of the school and Scott said no and left, causing a future apocolypse so Jean prompted Scott to stay.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @The Dark Huntress: Yeah tbh i still bran Emma as a H-S whore because i don't like her i know she never actually took Scott away from Jean but it looked that way because of how she did it, Emma fan's are going to have to get over the fact that she's branded as a;whore,slut,husband stealer,evil bitch etc, she's made her name and it will stay with her 
    (unless a miracle happens)
    athelney101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By athelney101
    @The Dark Huntress: scott is a stupid infatuated fool who's high on his male ego. not only does he break jean's heart, he also makes emma look bad.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By John Valentine
    @athelney101 said: 

@The Dark Huntress: scott is a stupid infatuated fool who's high on his male ego. not only does he break jean's heart, he also makes emma look bad. "  

Please, Scott Summers is widely recognised as one of the smartest tactical leaders in the MU. Secondly, Emma's love for Scott was openly declared to Logan before Scott openly admitted his love for her. Their love is portrayed as being equal on both sides, if not more in favour of Emma loving Scott more given how she's more subservient and willing to follow his rule than she used to be . This is not what your use of "infatuated" implies. Scott's not special in the male ego regard. Look at Namor, Magneto and Wolverine for a start.

Matt Fraction
     makes Emma look bad, not Scott. Joss Whedon's Emma was absolutely fine. For that matter, most other writers have written a well-characterised Emma. 

Jean forced Scott to enter a relationship with Emma. If history were to have taken its natural course, the 616 timeline would have become the Here Comes Tomorrow timeline at the point of Jean's death. In her dying effort Jean pushed/established the idea in Scott's mind such that he confirm a relationship with Emma;

It was touched upon in Morrison's New X-Men that Scott and Jean had been moving apart for a while; Scott's personality alteration following his merge with Apocalypse and Jean's Phoenix Force side re-emerging served to aid this distancing. This was good character progression. We would not want  both characters to be trapped in a stale relationship; that was how Gambit and Rogue got boring.     
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By Gambit1024

It's not Emma's fault. It's Cyclops's fault for being so damn irresistible. It's the shades. I'm sure of it. 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#68  Edited By Mercy_
    @John Valentine said:
    " @athelney101 said: 

@The Dark Huntress: scott is a stupid infatuated fool who's high on his male ego. not only does he break jean's heart, he also makes emma look bad. "  

Please, Scott Summers is widely recognised as one of the smartest tactical leaders in the MU. Secondly, Emma's love for Scott was openly declared to Logan before Scott openly admitted his love for her. Their love is portrayed as being equal on both sides, if not more in favour of Emma loving Scott more given how she's more subservient and willing to follow his rule than she used to be . This is not what your use of "infatuated" implies. Scott's not special in the male ego regard. Look at Namor, Magneto and Wolverine for a start.

Matt Fraction
     makes Emma look bad, not Scott. Joss Whedon's Emma was absolutely fine. For that matter, most other writers have written a well-characterised Emma.   Jean forced Scott to enter a relationship with Emma. If history were to have taken its natural course, the 616 timeline would have become the Here Comes Tomorrow timeline at the point of Jean's death. In her dying effort Jean pushed/established the idea in Scott's mind such that he confirm a relationship with Emma; It was touched upon in Morrison's New X-Men that Scott and Jean had been moving apart for a while; Scott's personality alteration following his merge with Apocalypse and Jean's Phoenix Force side re-emerging served to aid this distancing. This was good character progression. We would not want  both characters to be trapped in a stale relationship; that was how Gambit and Rogue got boring.      "
    So much win right there. 
    jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By jubilee042

cyclops is not the guy to marry with i mean he left madelyn for jean while was married nad was about to be a father  i know jeans and his relationship was diminshing but he was married i know the love in his marriage was going but that was not the right thing to do i meanif it was ending he should have talked to jean and bring the love back even if his lov for jean was ending but that is no reason to  hav an affair with an another woman i mean he was still married love or not he was still married to jean i know emma is at fault here and i mean at a big fault but so is cyclops the only thing jean should have done was to try to bring the love back  everyone one is at falut but emma and scott are at a bigger fault

kazumisan07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.