Hellfire's Queen: An Emma Frost Respect thread.

#1 Edited by PsiViners319 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

From the group that brought you the Jean Grey, Rachel Grey and Psylocke Respect threads.

Emma Frost

No Caption Provided

Emma Grace Frost is a mutant and a Omega Class Telepath of the highest order. Born in Massachusetts to the wealthy and powerful Frost family, Emma would discover her telepathic powers while still a student in a private school as she slowly began to read the minds around her. As she would experiment with her growing powers she would attract the attention of other powerful mutants, including Charles Xavier and Sebastian Shaw. While she would turn down Xaviers initial attempts to recruit her, she would join forces with Shaw helping him take over the Inner Circle of the illustrious Hellfire Club. As the Club's White Queen she would become a force in both the business world and the mutant one, eventually coming into conflict Charles Xavier's X-Men. After many years as their enemy Emma would eventually align herself with the X-Men and after the loss of Xavier and Jean Grey become the teams primary telepath. As power and skilled as she is resourceful Emma Frost is one of the most powerful minds on the planet and one of the most dangerously cunning mutants alive.

1. Telepathy- Emma Frost is a planetary level telepath, able to read and effect minds around the world without aid. With her telepath she can find, read, control, shut down and communicate with and defend minds as well draw them into the Astral Plane.

Power- Emma Frost is an Omega Class telepath. Her power levels are such that she can dominate, wipe, sedate or read hundreds of minds at once, and unleash devastating psychic attacks. As one of the worlds strongest telepaths she has read, and controlled minds around the world and battled and contended with other powerful telepaths like Charles Xavier, Jean Grey, Exodus, Mr. Sinister and the Phoenix Force it's self.

Declares herself an Omega-Class telepath
Declares herself an Omega-Class telepath
Stalemates Exodus in telepathy making it so he can't focus enough to use his TK and she buys enough time for Dust to KO him
Stalemates Exodus in telepathy making it so he can't focus enough to use his TK and she buys enough time for Dust to KO him
Psychically shields Cyclops from the Phoenix Force
Psychically shields Cyclops from the Phoenix Force

Believing Cyclops is dead she unleashes a psychic scream powerful enough to overwhelm several other Omega-Class telepaths and X-Men with mental defenses.
Believing Cyclops is dead she unleashes a psychic scream powerful enough to overwhelm several other Omega-Class telepaths and X-Men with mental defenses.
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Connects to the Hivemind of the thousand in one Cuckoos and takes control of it in order to release Celeste Cuckoo from the Phoenix Force

Mind Controls a hundred people at once
Mind Controls a hundred people at once
Blocks Xavier when he tries to stop the X-Men from fighting WW Hulk.
Blocks Xavier when he tries to stop the X-Men from fighting WW Hulk.

Despite being in a coma she is able to unleash enough power to block Xavier's probes of Iceman
Despite being in a coma she is able to unleash enough power to block Xavier's probes of Iceman
Xavier refers to her again as an Omega-Class Telepath
Xavier refers to her again as an Omega-Class Telepath
Mindwipes a town to forget the New Mutants battle
Mindwipes a town to forget the New Mutants battle
Resist the powers of the Hellion Empath
Resist the powers of the Hellion Empath
Resist Karma's possession powers then knocks her down to gauge her strength
Resist Karma's possession powers then knocks her down to gauge her strength
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5
A young and inexperienced Emma Frost is pulled into and trapped in the psyche of the more experienced Astrid Bloom. Emma then breaks free by witnessing all of Astrid's psychic training and then overpowers her, leaving Astrid catatonic.
After being teased as a child, Emma's psychic powers emerge causing her to knock out everyone on her school Campus
During her early days at the Hell Fire Club, an angry Emma lashes out at the crowd causing people to bleed and vomit
Freezes the Avengers and X-Men mid battle
Freezes the Avengers and X-Men mid battle
Is ranked higher then Psi-Shields placed in Wolverine by Xavier
Is ranked higher then Psi-Shields placed in Wolverine by Xavier
Shields from Mastermind's(Female) Illusion that covers San Fransico
Shields from Mastermind's(Female) Illusion that covers San Fransico
With help from The Cuckoos and Quentin Quire places a telepathic collar around the Phoenix
With help from The Cuckoos and Quentin Quire places a telepathic collar around the Phoenix
The backlash of her psychic assault overwhelms Jean Grey
The backlash of her psychic assault overwhelms Jean Grey

Skill- Emma Frost is a highly skilled Telepath stated repeatedly to be of the Highest Order. She has been shown to utilize complex abilities, skills and feats that are unique to her in order to overcome obstacles . She has been shown to be able to defeat and disrupt telepaths with superior numbers and greater raw strength herself through use of her skillset and has repeatedly breached defenses put into place Charles Xavier himself.

Takes control of Toad from a safe house and uses his mind to connect to Cerebro
Takes control of Toad from a safe house and uses his mind to connect to Cerebro
Alters Kitty's Mind seamlessly to conceal Destiny's Diaries- Exodus claims only 5 telepaths in the world could've done this.
Alters Kitty's Mind seamlessly to conceal Destiny's Diaries- Exodus claims only 5 telepaths in the world could've done this.
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3
Sense's Xavier try to control Scott's mind and uses it to take control of his, trapping Xavier inside his own head.

Shows Ms. Marvel images of the aftermath of the attack on School when she attempts to get the X-Men to sign the registration act.

With powers still partially broken, is able to deactivate Teen Jean Grey's telepathy
With powers still partially broken, is able to deactivate Teen Jean Grey's telepathy
Under a suggestion from Cassandra Nova, Emma makes Wolverine believe he is a child and makes Beast lose his human mind
Under a suggestion from Cassandra Nova, Emma makes Wolverine believe he is a child and makes Beast lose his human mind
Mindrapes Cyclops to the point he loses his optic blast
Mindrapes Cyclops to the point he loses his optic blast
Makes Kitty experience 3 years raising a child with Colossus in a few moments.
Makes Kitty experience 3 years raising a child with Colossus in a few moments.
Instantly erases Sebastion Shaw's memories with the exception of the people he's killed
Instantly erases Sebastion Shaw's memories with the exception of the people he's killed
During IvX, a revenge driven Emma takes control over Magneto's mind
During IvX, a revenge driven Emma takes control over Magneto's mind
During Secret Invasion, after being ripped from her body by the Skrull's psychic blockade, she defeats one Skrull first before she dismantles the blockade from inside their own mindscape
Able to shut down Mr. Sinister's hivemind despite having her arm cut off, due to it being modeled after Scotts.
Able to shut down Mr. Sinister's hivemind despite having her arm cut off, due to it being modeled after Scotts.
Instantly transfer TP skill
Instantly transfer TP skill
Defeats Rachel Grey on the Astral Plane and reveals the gap in their skill levels
Defeats Rachel Grey on the Astral Plane and reveals the gap in their skill levels

Makes Quentin Quire soil himself
Makes Quentin Quire soil himself
Resist a Biotoxin by
Resist a Biotoxin by"bootstraping" her brain and then takes over Cannonballs body.
Downloads a language into Scott's head by finding a person who speaks it
Downloads a language into Scott's head by finding a person who speaks it
Cast a psychic projection of herself that fools Sauron, despite not even knowing he was there.
Erases Kimura's memory of her Grandmother before ordering her to go after her leaders.
Erases Kimura's memory of her Grandmother before ordering her to go after her leaders.
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
Takes over and controls Sebastian Shaw's mind before he can reach her. Makes him believe he's killed her before wiping his memory of his entire life
Cloak Gen X team from an airport full of people.
Cloak Gen X team from an airport full of people.
Undoes Caliban's psychic attack on Bishop
Undoes Caliban's psychic attack on Bishop

Frees Scott from mental trap of Lady Mastermind and Madelyn Pryor
Frees Scott from mental trap of Lady Mastermind and Madelyn Pryor
Performs Psychic Surgery on a Fury to make it believe it had destroyed Earth 616 and an alternate version of Jim Jaspers
Downloads Local Languages into teammates minds
Reverses the transformation of a monster version of Sauron

Range- Emma is a Planetary -level Telepath and can control/read minds, send messages and astral project around the world easily and perform other complex feats without the need of amplification to increase her range.

Can sense Xavier and Exodus fighting from thousands of miles away
Can sense Xavier and Exodus fighting from thousands of miles away
Projects Cyclops' message from San Francisco to the 198 mutants left around the world
Forms a mindlink with Nate Grey from the other side of the world without knowing his exact location prior
With the help of the Stepford Cuckoos she projects Cyclops' image around the world to inform the planet that the Terrigen Mist is poisonous to humans. Later revealed that not only is she projecting Cyclops' message but that she is also creating a illusion that he is still alive. One that fools multiple X-Men and people who encounter him including the Cuckoos in part.
Tracks Mastermind(Martinique)'s influence throughout San Francisco
Tracks Mastermind(Martinique)'s influence throughout San Francisco
Despite being poisoned in Mississippi, she astral projects to the school and pulls Kitty onto the Astral plane to unlock mental blocks
While still under effects of a Biotoxcin in Mississippi, she is able to telepathically guide Iceman and Cannonball in Michigan and sense the Marauders Psi shields 40 miles away from their location
While still under effects of a Biotoxcin in Mississippi, she is able to telepathically guide Iceman and Cannonball in Michigan and sense the Marauders Psi shields 40 miles away from their location
Unlocks Hellion's mental limiters to unleash his full power so that he can get X-23 medical help. Does this while still returning from Storm's wedding in Wakanda
Unlocks Hellion's mental limiters to unleash his full power so that he can get X-23 medical help. Does this while still returning from Storm's wedding in Wakanda
While in New York, shields the X-Men's minds from Sinister in Antarctica and senses the New X-Men in danger in Washington. Later reconnects to Wolverine in Antarctica.
Mind controls a security guard in Tokyo while in New York with Scott.

Psi Blast/Bolts- Emma has shown the ability to unleash psychic blast as both a form of concentrated pain or power as well as using raw psychic energy to create a Psychic bolt of energy that can produce devastating effects in the physical world.

Attacks Wolverine, Storm and Colossus with a Psibolt strong enough to knock them unconscious despite training from Xavier
Attacks Wolverine, Storm and Colossus with a Psibolt strong enough to knock them unconscious despite training from Xavier
While fighting the Phoenix, Emma unleashes a Psi bolt powerful enough to destroy a building
While fighting the Phoenix, Emma unleashes a Psi bolt powerful enough to destroy a building
After seeing through his Psionic illusions, hits Nate Grey with a Psiblast and a feeling of
After seeing through his Psionic illusions, hits Nate Grey with a Psiblast and a feeling of "pure pain"
Psibolts toward Monet
Psibolts toward Monet

Diamond Form- Emma Frost possesses the ability to turn her body into organic diamond. While negating most of her telepathic abilities it gives Emma resistance from telepathic attacks and allows her incredible durability and immense physical strength.

Survives the Sentinel's destruction of Genosha
Survives the Sentinel's destruction of Genosha
Takes hits from World War Hulk
Takes hits from World War Hulk
Tanks Flames from Firestar
Tanks Flames from Firestar
Withstands hits from Sentinel
Withstands hits from Sentinel
Tanks Ironman repulsars
Tanks Ironman repulsars
Bullet Proof
Bullet Proof
Slammed through concrete by WWH
Slammed through concrete by WWH
Over powers Daken
Over powers Daken
Overpower Sage, Bishop and Storm

Phoenix Force Abilities-

TO BE CONTINUED........

#2 Posted by Koays (11288 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by God_Spawn (43099 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn’t say she mindraped Scott to lose his powers in a complete sense. To me, it was more complicated than that, but that could be my opinion. I’ll re-read through that section in Astonishing.

When wiping Shaw’s mind in Uncanny X-Men 534, I think it would be worth noting she couldn’t do a direct infiltration of his mind and had to kind of weasel her way in to perform the feat in question, just crediting her skill.

She has a few more psi-bolt type attacks, she did one to Scott while she was being tricked into thinking it was Scott with Lorna IIRC when it was Havok. And she also used one in a TK like attack to fling Kitty in Endsong. She also used one to stun Wolverine and Captain America in Wolverine Origins.

Fun fact, she’s managed to transform a few times when bullets were fired, against Bishop, which was shown for the bulletproof feat, and to protect Scott when they were dressed as hippies. One in Secret Empire: Brave New World 5. I know there is another somewhere but I don’t have my old laptop and can’t for the life of me figure it out. Also, shift speed is supposed to happen in one hundredth of a second. Feat takes place when Northstar and Aurora were attacking the X-Men and stepping in between Cyclops’ optic blasts.

Fighting skills is something I rarely seen thrown up to her. She held off lizard people without powers via skill, and then held her own against a lizard turned Wolverine, Gambit and Storm briefly until Spider-Man arrived. She beat a bunch of Sinister clones after getting her arm reattached. Flipped Banshee. Emma is actually a solid fighter.

I would also challenge the last couple feats in diamond form. Emma isn’t really granted that vast of superhuman strength, only supposed to be 2 tons without anything significant to back it up, considering she barely cracked the wall when fighting Bishop and Sage. Slamming Daken down when she wasn’t his target isn’t much of a feat. You could argue the artwork makes it seem like she upheaved some of it, but debatable. And she didn’t overpower Storm after Bishop sent her flying. She stunned her with a psi-bolt before Storm clearly got the upper hand and pinned her to a wall before threatening to hurricane wind a spear through her.

Just throwing my 2 cents at some feats and offering some others if you can find them. I’d give them up if I could.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by PsiViners319 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn’t say she mindraped Scott to lose his powers in a complete sense. To me, it was more complicated than that, but that could be my opinion. I’ll re-read through that section in Astonishing.

When wiping Shaw’s mind in Uncanny X-Men 534, I think it would be worth noting she couldn’t do a direct infiltration of his mind and had to kind of weasel her way in to perform the feat in question, just crediting her skill.

She has a few more psi-bolt type attacks, she did one to Scott while she was being tricked into thinking it was Scott with Lorna IIRC when it was Havok. And she also used one in a TK like attack to fling Kitty in Endsong. She also used one to stun Wolverine and Captain America in Wolverine Origins.

Fun fact, she’s managed to transform a few times when bullets were fired, against Bishop, which was shown for the bulletproof feat, and to protect Scott when they were dressed as hippies. One in Secret Empire: Brave New World 5. I know there is another somewhere but I don’t have my old laptop and can’t for the life of me figure it out. Also, shift speed is supposed to happen in one hundredth of a second. Feat takes place when Northstar and Aurora were attacking the X-Men and stepping in between Cyclops’ optic blasts.

Fighting skills is something I rarely seen thrown up to her. She held off lizard people without powers via skill, and then held her own against a lizard turned Wolverine, Gambit and Storm briefly until Spider-Man arrived. She beat a bunch of Sinister clones after getting her arm reattached. Flipped Banshee. Emma is actually a solid fighter.

I would also challenge the last couple feats in diamond form. Emma isn’t really granted that vast of superhuman strength, only supposed to be 2 tons without anything significant to back it up, considering she barely cracked the wall when fighting Bishop and Sage. Slamming Daken down when she wasn’t his target isn’t much of a feat. You could argue the artwork makes it seem like she upheaved some of it, but debatable. And she didn’t overpower Storm after Bishop sent her flying. She stunned her with a psi-bolt before Storm clearly got the upper hand and pinned her to a wall before threatening to hurricane wind a spear through her.

Just throwing my 2 cents at some feats and offering some others if you can find them. I’d give them up if I could.

@koays

#6 Posted by Koays (11288 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Ok so-

With the Astonishing feat against Scott we (I) debated whether or not to just include the entire Astonishing Team take down into one post and the "mind rape" was an accurate, but understated way of summing up her forcing him to face his greatest trauma and deconstructing his character while leaving him catatonic.

With Shaw theres actually so many feats of her getting into his head it's hard to say she needs the breakdown. She cut his senses and ability to talk to recruit Namor, erased his mind and cast illusions on him fairly quick during the Utopia era, and then theres the Shaw fight in Black. It seemed a bit redundant despite Shaws supposed mental defense.

Will look through the Psi bolt attacks mentioned.

Her clashes with Bishop Sage and Storm can be changed to briefly and we'll add the mention of TP

She has hits from WWH, Colossus, Danger, Sentinels, and more then a few other high end tanking feats that get that point across but striking feats are actually pretty hard to find and basically are gonna involve alot of digging. Though I'm certain I've seen her lift and damage large pieces of metal.

Will take it all under advisement and try to revise it before the weeks out.

#7 Posted by God_Spawn (43099 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: Fair enough.

She has gotten in Shaw’s head before, but I’m just saying it would be worth noting about having to snake around a direct approach and lower his guard, it’s just a credit to her skill.

That’s the thing about her diamond form, I can list durability feats until the cows come home, but strength feats are very limited and even the handbooks only place her at about 2 tons. She’s easily one of the most durable X-Men, though. But I think I’ve seen better and more consistent strength feats from Wolverine.

I’m not trying to belittle any work done here, just my takes and trying offer some feats. If I can get my old laptop fixed, I have 600+ scans of just Emma feats I can offer.

Moderator Online
#8 Posted by Koays (11288 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: It's no problem at all trust me. The digging it took on the Emma stuff took a while since she's everywhere from 04-2014 and the point was always to get as much high valued feats as possible and then have everyone else critique and go through them to improve the thread.

#9 Posted by PyroFN (6219 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: Aside from the diamond feats I mentioned in the messaging, I’d say the only thing really missing about Emma that is rather significant to her character are her hand-to-hand feats, as @god_spawn pointed out.

#10 Posted by Helloman (29888 posts) - - Show Bio

This needs more feats.

#11 Posted by onsipin (527 posts) - - Show Bio

looking really good! You can probably add as a skill feat when she took control of Iceman and used his powers in a more advanced way

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.