Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6137 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Emma's role in Age of Ultron!

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By queenfrost_

So you should all know by now that Emma Frost is

part of the rebel alliance team thingy that survive ultron's attack along with some other cool heroes (apart from wolverine)

But how do you think she will work in to it? She has lot her TP so she can't be the "token telepath" anymore. We all know she is a team player despite her ice cold persona, but she is also a natural leader. How will she cope with her new position? And her new de facto teammates? What do you think will become of Emma? I have a really bad, bad, bad, feeling Bendis will kill her off. And if not, seriously mess up her character. But then again, this could benefit Emma. Make her more of primitive survivalist than a mental survivalist (meaning she uses more brawn and aggression to survive as opposed to previously using her intelligence, confidence and telepathy to survive).

Plus, I guess this kinda justifies why Emma was left out of the all new all female X-Men roster.

Anyway, thoughts?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Her diamond form could still offer some offensive capabilities and is ridiculously and if she gets a strength upgrade at least, awesome. And she does offer natural intelligence and as you put, leadership or some advice. She isn't completely useless here.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

She'll talk a lot. Probably share an elevator with Luke Cage, and say a lot of witty and bitchy things. Then Spider-man will make a cool reference to a nineties movie, Moon Knight will say something crazy, then Wolverine will be like all "...." then Cage will say DAMN! Then talk about being a father. Since you know its Bendis? He's great with dialogue! This cast of characters was probably chosen based on how great Bendis is with dialogue and their ability to bounce conversations of each other naturally and organically. Naturally. Of course.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By judasnixon
    @queenfrost_: I really don't know what's going on with AU. I have clue where this fits in the Marvel time line. Is that Peter Parker or Doc Ock Spider-Man? Is Emma Frost's powers still wonky. Is this taking place before or after She-Hulk joined the F.F.? As for Emma joining Brian Wood's X-Men, Wood's wanted her, but the X-Men editor said no......
    Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blood1991

@judasnixon said:

@queenfrost_: I really don't know what's going on with AU. I have clue where this fits in the Marvel time line. Is that Peter Parker or Doc Ock Spider-Man? Is Emma Frost's powers still wonky. Is this taking place before or after She-Hulk joined the F.F.? As for Emma joining Brian Wood's X-Men, Wood's wanted her, but the X-Men editor said no......

This the costumes make me think this is an alt universe thing.

Anyway Bendis has two strikes when it comes to Emma Frost on his list already "The Daredevil fight and All New X-Men" if Uncanny doesn't do her justice then I dread her role in this more than I look forward to it.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991: Daredevil wasn't even a fight lol.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: Daredevil wasn't even a fight lol.

Well saying he chucked a club at the side of her face just sounds so depressing.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991: I think it was a reasonable feat considering the things Daredevil can do, albeit embarrassing for Emma. Not like he miswrote her or anything in that issue.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: I think it was a reasonable feat considering the things Daredevil can do, albeit embarrassing for Emma. Not like he miswrote her or anything in that issue.

Yeah DD has the skills, and Uncanny is coming up fast. We shall see, but I am rather pessimistic at this point :/

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991: If Mercy_ likes All New X-Men, there is hope for anyone.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: If Mercy_ likes All New X-Men, there is hope for anyone.

I've just been hurt so many times *sobs loudly*

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991: It's ok...I'm here.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: It's ok...I'm here.

Avengers flash backs!

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By queenfrost_

@SC said:

She'll talk a lot. Probably share an elevator with Luke Cage, and say a lot of witty and bitchy things. Then Spider-man will make a cool reference to a nineties movie, Moon Knight will say something crazy, then Wolverine will be like all "...." then Cage will say DAMN! Then talk about being a father. Since you know its Bendis? He's great with dialogue! This cast of characters was probably chosen based on how great Bendis is with dialogue and their ability to bounce conversations of each other naturally and organically. Naturally. Of course.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By queenfrost_

@judasnixon: I think it is set up to date. Because the trailer says its within the MARVEL NOW! thingy. The promo also shows Emma in a black costume and the FF off in their adventure thingy they are doing.

@Blood1991: It isn't an alt universe, the trailer says "THIS ISN'T ANOTHER UNIVERSE. THIS ISN'T THE FUTURE. THIS IS NOW."

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Veitha

@SC said:

LOL hahaha

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GonnaRain

Which promo? Could you pretty please post the link here? Because, aside from the Trailer video where Emma appears in some terrible art alongside Wolverine, I haven't seen any AU material featuring her.

Anyways, I really hope she gets her TP back by then. One good Telepath would come real in handy for the rebellion team.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By judasnixon
    @GonnaRain: Actually I could see Emma not having her telepathy in Age of Ultron. It not like she could read Ultron's mind if she had it.......  
    Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about you guys but I think for Age Of Ultron the Heroes will need someone with EXPERIENCE in the field of machines.DONATELLO!!!!!!

Ceddsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ceddsong

@oscar94 you're absolutely right. No one on that team is a technician and while Beast is brilliant I believe his expertise is Biology and other similar sciences. Additionally, while I love Emma Im not sure what she'll bring to the team, despite being near fully indestructible.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By queenfrost_

@GonnaRain: Bendis has clearly stated that she won't get it back any time soon. And I think Marvel wants the survivalist team to be stripped to their bare minimals which is why they don't have a lot of powerhouses on the team

kamionero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By kamionero

@SC said:

By god... what you wrote is beautiful. I think you captured it to a T.

Hahaha "Damn! ...I change diapers!"

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

I think she'll get her telepathy back. If anything they'll probably use her like they did in House of M. I mean it wouldn't surprise me, nothing is original anymore!

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By doddy
    No Caption Provided

Emma in AoU

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GonnaRain

The art in that specific page looks awful.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PassionFlower

I'm surprised she is even in it.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By doddy

I’ve heard that AoU was originally planed released last year as the major event but eventually replaced by AvX. That could explain the weird lineup of the remaining heroes.

chieflewal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By chieflewal

@SC: Snap.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC said:

She'll talk a lot. Probably share an elevator with Luke Cage, and say a lot of witty and bitchy things. Then Spider-man will make a cool reference to a nineties movie, Moon Knight will say something crazy, then Wolverine will be like all "...." then Cage will say DAMN! Then talk about being a father. Since you know its Bendis? He's great with dialogue!This cast of characters was probably chosen based on how great Bendis is with dialogue and their ability to bounce conversations of each other naturally and organically. Naturally. Of course.

I completely agree with your breakdown. You nailed it.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30  Edited By Strider1992

So does as she read his mind does this mean Emma knows Spider-man is Octavius now? Because if she did she didn't show much concern about having a psychopath running around or is this just bad writing lol?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.