Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Emma post Schism

• 104 results
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By uncanny89

How do you think Emma will fair post Schism? 

with there being a new Hellfire Club will she go back to them (or will she be its leader)? 
    Will she side with Scott or Wolverine 
    or do you think she will be pushed to the side and leave the x-men?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

She'll stay with Scott, and he'll stay with her. If they leave, they'll leave together. As a partnership.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

I've been thinking abut making a post like this, so I'm glad you've done it. I'm not convinced she'll side with Cyclops. She's still discovering more of Cyclops' secrets & is irritated at the very mention or thought of Jean.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @xerox-kitty said:

I've been thinking abut making a post like this, so I'm glad you've done it. I'm not convinced she'll side with Cyclops. She's still discovering more of Cyclops' secrets & is irritated at the very mention or thought of Jean.

Don't even put that out there. If Emma and Scott split, argh, I don't even want to think about it.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SC  Moderator

If done right, I'd really dig the idea of a new Hellfire Club though, I can't help but think Emma might think it a bad idea to sort of return to the past, even with a new attitude. I really miss the aspect of her teaching and interacting with students. Now that I think about it, most of my favorite Emma scenes in recent years have been to do with her and students. Negasonic Teenage Warhead stuff, Cuckoos stuff, X-23 stuff, Hellion stuff, when she chewed out Ms Marvel, plus a few other such moments. I'd prefer if she didn't really side with either Wolverine or Cyclops. She works better as a twitchy character thats unpredictable in such moments, prone to shouting at one side, but then turning around and shouting at the other.  

I think she is too valuable an asset to the X-Men brand, so she'll be somewhere. 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

@SC: I hadn't thought of the possibility of returning to the Hellfire Club. But I know what you mean about her being involved in the X-Men "Brand". After Wolverine & the X-Men and X-Men First Class, it's clear that Marvel WANT her to be publicly associated with the X-Men.

However, if Schism is going to be so big that it leads to the cancellation of Uncanny X-Men, then I would not be surprised if she leaves Cyclops. And if Jean does somehow return (and considering the current trend in Uncanny X-Men to ignore established continuity) then I wouldn't be surprised if it throws Cyclops enough for Emma to walk out on him. Just look at her reaction to the appearance of the Evolutionaries. Just the very mention of Jean's name left her reeling.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By doddy

emma will stay with scott, and she'll have nothing to do with the new HFC...
    she looks like going on a hunt for the new HFC in a gala event and telepathically connecting to scott after finding out something... 

No Caption Provided

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty: I won't mind if Emma and Cyclops split. I'd rather Cyclops not get back with Jean either, I think all three need air and space, and some plots that revolved around something other than love, which never translates well to stories. I know you are not a fan of Gillen, but his Emma is much better than Fractions, I know he is a fan of Emma too which makes me happy. I really wish some writers could figure out that a nice tension between strong characters, without undermining either and interacting with each other, can be fun, so I could really embrace some more Jean and Emma awkward friendship scenes. I don't really like that Emma hears Jean's name so breaks down act that they have been playing in X-Books in recent years. It undermines her characterization as a strong and confident person who was confident in her relationship. Trying to paint her as insecure won't fool fans into caring of finding her nicer, softer, or more sympathetic.  

Yost use to write Emma so much better in New X-Men. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty

@SC: It's true. She was the b!£ch with a heart in New X-Men.

And I agree that they all need space. Being on different teams is one thing. Perhaps even return Emma Frost to the Massachusetts Academy? The Westchester school has been rebuilt so many times, I'm sure the Mass Acad can be rebuilt to it's former glory too. Let her focus on being a teacher again, not just a mutant-fodder trainer.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By doddy

working in two separate teams could give them space.

tbone1225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By tbone1225

It is hard to trust her, but I think she really likes the good inside of Scott. I think she'll stay with him.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Actually i like the idea of Emma being a teacher again, and a new X-students book would be a welcome addition.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Marvel NEEDS a new x-students book with Emma being a teacher again.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I think she's gonna stay with Scott. i don't see her going back to the Hellfire club whether it's a new one or not, especially after Quarantine since it wasn't that long ago, and to me the significance of that was to finally show Emma's moved on and put the idea of her returning to the HFC whether new or old to rest or it should for atleast awhile. And if she did decide to go with Wolverine, i wouldn't be ticked off, but if anything I would end up being more confused as to why. Just my 2 cents.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By pixelized

Emma Frost is a woman of age. She obviously loves being a mentor/teacher to young people, yet she's expressed no desire for kids. Yes she has the Cuckoos, but they have no emotion and aren't completely in love with her. I'd like to see Emma take on a role that gets her back to using her unique set of maternal instincts. I also want her to have a child one day, via surrogate of course, but that's way off.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By MrUnknown
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    I can get by that. ;)
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EmmaGrace

It would be interesting to see Emma and Scott try and keep their relationship alive if she chose Logan's side... Although it wouldn't be likely for Scott to want to stay with her after that.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @EmmaGrace: If she did join Wolverine i would just be like what?It would feel kinda weird.  My gut says she will probably stay with Cyclops though by the end of this thing.
    lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19  Edited By lorex

I just can't see her ending things with Scott, but I could see her going a separate way as a teacher while Cyclops heads up a team. The one thing I see coming is the X-Men will not all be concentrated in one location, however the 
    leadership struggle shakes out.

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EmmaGrace

I don't want to see her go off and do her own thing :( I like her as a prominent X-Men figure. But I actually want her to take Logan's side. I love her and Scott's relationship and want that to last, but I'm tired of seeing her as Scott's accesory on a team.. At least that's how I see it.
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @god_spawn
    Agreed. Regardless of what I want to see, I think she'll stick with Scott... Unless Jean comes back, that would cause major drama haha.
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @EmmaGrace:  Scott's already picked Emma and told Emma he would pick her over Jean on more than one occasion, and in Endsong i believe Jean telepathically did something to Cyclops that basically said go follow your feelings to Emma. I'd actually be surprised if they split over Jean, to me it would also be a big slap in the face since they've had Cyclops move on, and even had Jean give him the push to do it, so it seems like she accepted it as well. The only thing that would really tick me off is if she did come back and was like gimme back my man or something like since they have established all 3 characters, Scott, Emma, and Jean accepting what was happening. I just don't see why they would want to evolve 3 of the biggest characters then devolved them, it would be like throwing away all the growth, and development of Scott, Emma and possibly Jean, like i said sure she has been dead, but in endsong she gave Scott the blessing to move on. Just let the characters move on atleast that is how i see things, even if Cykes is having some thoughts about Jean.

Based off the new interview i read covering the Schism, i even put it up on the schism board, is it's basically just splitting the team , one goes Wolverine, one goes Cyclops. I'm positive that Emma will stay with Scott's. And as for Jean, Cykes has moved on, and they i think they have established that. If anything though too, i'd like Jean go with Wolverine and his group. It would be like the opposite of Emma and Cyclops.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CATPANEXE

With X-men lately, telling where things will end up is getting to be quite the chore. I couldn't have guessed for you that Colossus would end up becoming the Juggernaut, nor Legion would
    have " Dial-A-Power ". Where I hope is not any kind of a huge weird twist/change because I actually like the point they've developed Emma to currently.

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @god_spawn
    That's what I was thinking too, Scott and Logan with their leading ladies at their sides. I'm so excited to see how this all plays out :D
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @EmmaGrace: So am I. I really hope Marvel plays this out in 2 week intervals like they have been releasing their x-men stuff for the past month or two now. I want it to come and go and be good.
    Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By buttersdaman000

Emma stays with Scott. Period. 
    >_<

Ceddsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ceddsong

What I would like to see (and most probably will not happen)is for Emma to become a solo series character. I feel at this point Emma would really shine as a solo hero. Let a more than decent author have a crack at her, allowing them the chance to deeply explore the White Queen we all know and love today. I would love to see more of Emma's past catch cup to her in the future: HFC, Astrid Bloom, her brother Christian, and anything else that could tie into her past and be somewhat plausible. I want Emma to choose a third route, one where her  passion guides her to find and teach mutants. I want to see Emma as a strong anti-hero female and not Scott's moral support. 

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @buttersdaman000 said:
    Emma stays with Scott. Period.  >_<
    >_< We should pray.
    nikbackm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nikbackm
    @fesak said:
    Actually i like the idea of Emma being a teacher again, and a new X-students book would be a welcome addition.
    I don't think there's any chance of another student book as long as Generation Hope is still going on. But at least Emma did do some teaching there even if it seems Hope really does not like her. 

Also seems very doubtful that the former "New X-Men" students would be put back in class (at least in a book about it) now that they have already graduated in a way due to Cyclops proclaiming everyone to be X-Men. Seems to me the best they can hope for is to get a little focus every now and then between being wallpaper and event-fodder.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By xerox_kitty

Emma has lost her independence sine becoming the blonde Jean.  She's whiney & weepy if she doesn't have Cyclops' attention for more than 5 minutes.  She's reduced to being his bit in bed.  Even when written by a competant writer like Chris Yost, she's still reeling from the very mention of Jean's name.

Emma needs to be away from Cyclops & rediscover her what made her the uber b!£ch White Queen of the Hellfire Club.

I'm not saying that she should join the HFC, because I don't agree with that!  She's moved on from being a typical scantilly clad villain.  But she needs that viscious spark that made her worthy of being an iconic figure in the world of mutantkind.

nikbackm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By nikbackm
    @xerox-kitty said:

Emma has lost her independence sine becoming the blonde Jean.  She's whiney & weepy if she doesn't have Cyclops' attention for more than 5 minutes.  She's reduced to being his bit in bed.  Even when written by a competant writer like Chris Yost, she's still reeling from the very mention of Jean's name.

Even? I think only would be closer to the truth even if also other writers are to "blame".  I don't recall any other writers who have regularly had her weeping though. Well, there is Fraction who had her shed a single tear during Utopia while they were fighting the Sentinelized citizens. But at least that was not related to Cyclops ;)
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#32  Edited By uncanny89

I personally think she should move away from Utopia and become the lead in Legacy after the Havok Polaris Marvel Girl stuff.  It should go back to being character specific and having a character go on a meaningful arc so maybe she could find her sister and brother or maybe Astrid could come back i don't know just something centring on her as a character for an arc or two but it shouldn't take her back to the hellfire club in any way it should deal with a different part of her life. 

I do however, think she should stay with Cyclops just because his character has benefited from her but i agree with Xerox she imo should go back to how she was written in Grant Morrison's run thats where I personally went from being a Jean Grey fan to being an Emma Frost fan

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By IllyanaRasputin
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said: 
    @fesak said: 
    @lorex said: 
     I just can't see her ending things with Scott, but I could see her going a separate way as a teacher while Cyclops heads up a team. The one thing I see coming is the X-Men will not all be concentrated in one location, however the  leadership struggle shakes out.
    @xerox-kitty said:

Emma needs to be away from Cyclops & rediscover her what made her the uber b!£ch White Queen of the Hellfire Club.

I'm not saying that she should join the HFC, because I don't agree with that!  She's moved on from being a typical scantilly clad villain.  But she needs that viscious spark that made her worthy of being an iconic figure in the world of mutantkind.

Agree with all these users
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By Timandm

Will she side with Scott?   She's all but surgically attached to Scott!!!  LOL!

However, we have seen previews that suggest there will be some sort of trouble between Scott and Emma...And the implication is that it has something to do with Namor.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Timandm
    @xerox-kitty said:

Yes, she HAS moved on from being a scantily clad villain.  She's now a scantily clad super hero... LOL!  (I'm just playing.)  
    I would actually like to see what Cellphonegirl said, Emma leading a new team of "new mutants."  

I only see one small problem with that (which I could overlook.)  I can still remember (somewhat) what it was like to be a teenage guy...  I cannot fathom having a teacher that looks and dresses like Emma and actually LEARNING from her.  My mind would have been....elsewhere.... LOL!

Nonetheless, I think Emma is a great character...She's a leader and needs to get out of Scott's shadow.... ALTHOUGH, it's getting to where becoming a student of Emma Frost is like being the new guy on Star Trek that wears the red shirt at the beginning of the episode....
    dm_jlifan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dm_jlifan

Well, spoilers for post-schism show that she's splitting with Scott and is going to be in Wolverine's team.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @dm_jlifan said:
     Well, spoilers for post-schism show that she's splitting with Scott and is going to be in Wolverine's team.
    That's not confirmed. It's a stupid image and the worst idea ever.
    doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By doddy
    No Caption Provided
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @doddy: Again, that doesn't mean anything. It's just a crappy promo poster. And if Emma is on Logan's side and she does leave Scott; there will be Hell to pay.
    davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By davelecave
    @dm_jlifan: If that's true, then Rogue and Magneto are also splitting up.  And Prof. X gets cut in half.

It's just a picture.
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

That poster only reminds me of why i hate Bachalo's artwork...

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By doddy
    @FadeToBlackBolt: agree. being in wolverine's team is cool, but i will hate x-office if they make emma and scott breaking up
    dm_jlifan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dm_jlifan
    @davelecave said:
    @dm_jlifan: If that's true, then Rogue and Magneto are also splitting up.  And Prof. X gets cut in half.  It's just a picture.
    We'll see come October. Marvel releases these images for a reason. Besides, most of the fans want Scott/Emma to split so Marvel might actually cater to them. Personally I want them to stay together, and if they do I'm happy If not then its okay since I don't follow any X-book anymore.
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @AngelDust616 said:
    If you notice in the promo, Emma is leaning on Wolverine but her hand is on Cyclops' shoulder. Not saying that the image has anything to do with what will actually take place, but if it does perhaps this means Emma is working as a double-agent for Cyclops on Wolverine's team (like she did with Norman Osborn) so that Cyclops can keep tabs on "Wolverine and the X-Men". Prof. X being split in half would also clearly indicate that he is split between both sides. On one hand he is loyal to Cyclops, who he thinks of as a son, but on the other hand he is perhaps more ideologically inclined to side with Wolverine.
    Or it's a family picture split in half?
    lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#46  Edited By lorex

No doubt the writers will think they are being clever and try to throw a curve ball at us. Personally I hope Emma stays with Scott no matter what. That being said I think this a good time for her he reclaim some of her inner bitch. 
    She needs to be written with a bit more of an edge and recently her attempt to get rid of Shaw was a step in the right direction. Others have said it but Emma needs more exploration of her past, like her family, her HFC days 
    perhaps an old rival, Astrid Bloom and what became of her.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xerox_kitty

I love that poster.  It reminds me so much why I love Bachalo's art.

I've said all along that Emma needs to get some breathing space from Cyclops.  It doesn't mean that she's divorcing him (although they're not technically married, only common-law man & wife... but I can't imagine Emma liking the word 'wommon' being applied to her ;)

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#48  Edited By Mercy_

@AngelDust616 said:

@xerox-kitty: I like Bachalo's art quite a bit as well. As much as I enjoy Cyclops and Emma together, you make a good point. Some time away from Cyclops would certainly help her evaluate her life. Recently their relationship has just been written so poorly, with Emma either flipping her shit at the mere mention of Jean (I have trouble believing that Emma Frost, queen bitch and all-around badass chick, would be that neurotic) or her treating Cyclops like he's whipped (after the AoX events where he kissed Frenzy). Whenever they are written properly, as equals who feed off each other's strengths, it's easy to see why the two of them together is infinitely better than Cyclops being with Jean.

Couldn't agree more with this post if I wanted to. Well said.

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49  Edited By Belladonna

Hope Courtney Ross and Emma get into it, wonder how the White Queens will settle everything out ever since their last encounter.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Timandm
    @lorex said:

No doubt the writers will think they are being clever and try to throw a curve ball at us. Personally I hope Emma stays with Scott no matter what. That being said I think this a good time for her he reclaim some of her inner bitch.  She needs to be written with a bit more of an edge and recently her attempt to get rid of Shaw was a step in the right direction. Others have said it but Emma needs more exploration of her past, like her family, her HFC days  perhaps an old rival, Astrid Bloom and what became of her.

Reclaim her "Inner Bitch" ???  LOL!!!! I LOVE that expression... I completely agree with you.  Well said...

Oh, and Scott and Emma definitely break up...  That'll make it easier for Scott to get back together with Jean when she comes back to life... AGAIN....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.