Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Emma in X3

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By sora_thekey

I saw this in Wikipedia:

When Bryan Singer was still slated to direct the third installment of the X-Men film series the role of Emma Frost was intended for Sigourney Weaver. After Singer left the project in favor of making Superman Returns, the character was dropped completely.

So she was going to be Emma?:

ugh!?!?!

bobbydr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bobbydr

That sounds super weird and I don't know if I fully trust the information. I mean, they took a lot of liberties with the characters in the X-Men movie franchise but casting Sigourney Weaver as Emma Frost just seems bizarre. I would believe it if I read the information from a source outside of wikipedia, but as it stands, that just sounds too weird.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Emma is supposed to be hot, not old....

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Sparda

Whilst Sigourney Weaver is an amazing actress, she wouldn't really fit as Emma, unless it was set in the later years or something.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Sparda said:
    "Whilst Sigourney Weaver is an amazing actress, she wouldn't really fit as Emma, unless it was set in the later years or something."

Maybe when Bryan Singer was on the project there was going to be a Days of the Future Past Storyline and when he left the storyline was made into a Danger Room Session...
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

As much as I love Signourney Weaver, she wouldn't have been suited for the role of Emma Frost at any age.  Not because she's old, but because she wouldn't be suited as Emma.  Much in the same way that actresses like Megan Fox or Julia Roberts wouldn't suit the role.

To be honet though, unless something on Wiki sites an actual reference, then I don't believe it to be anything more than just a rumour.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AngelFrost

I totally see Charlize Theron as Emma in my opinion....
    or for a younger choice, Karolina Kurkova.

But yeah, not Sigourney, She looks older than Patrick Stewart.

And I've heard this rumour alot, Not sure If I believe it because theres more rumours that Stacy X and Monet St Croix were supposed to be in X3 aswell.

Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Watch Dog

Signourney Weaver might not be right but she would be great as Destiny.

Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lifeguard85
    It was supposed to be an older Emma. She was supposed to be an old lover of Xaviers and have more empathy based powers, and Im assuming, she would probably have helped manipulate the phoenix like she did in the comic.

This is Sigourney going blonde for the Galaxy Quest movie and I think she would have done an amazing job as an older Emma Frost and it would have been at least more in continuity with the comic stories rather than what we got with X3
    laughingcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By laughingcorpse
    @Lifeguard85 said:
    "
    It was supposed to be an older Emma. She was supposed to be an old lover of Xaviers and have more empathy based powers, and Im assuming, she would probably have helped manipulate the phoenix like she did in the comic.

This is Sigourney going blonde for the Galaxy Quest movie and I think she would have done an amazing job as an older Emma Frost and it would have been at least more in continuity with the comic stories rather than what we got with X3
    "

she looks pretty good in that pic to be honest. i could see her being a much older Emma...
    spellslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spellslinger

hmmm, maybe. but i agree wif the charliez theron thing

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @laughingcorpse said:
    " @Lifeguard85 said:
    "

"
    she looks pretty good in that pic to be honest. i could see her being a much older Emma... "
    OMG she could so do an older Emma..
    Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lantern Prime
    @sora_thekey said:
    "I saw this in Wikipedia:

When Bryan Singer was still slated to direct the third installment of the X-Men film series the role of Emma Frost was intended for Sigourney Weaver. After Singer left the project in favor of making Superman Returns, the character was dropped completely.

So she was going to be Emma?:

ugh!?!?!

"

WTF?
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By uncanny89

i think that if they did an x-men days of future past film she would be a great emma frost, but i do have to admit i would prefer to see the younger one first (just to set the character up properly)
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sora_thekey
    @uncanny89 said:
    " i think that if they did an x-men days of future past film she would be a great emma frost, but i do have to admit i would prefer to see the younger one first (just to set the character up properly) "
    We kind of did allready.....

in X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By uncanny89

i dont mean just around 3 mins of screentime i meant like a fully fledged member of the cast i.e. set up the emma we know in comics now
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#17  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @sora_thekey said:
    " @uncanny89 said:
    " i think that if they did an x-men days of future past film she would be a great emma frost, but i do have to admit i would prefer to see the younger one first (just to set the character up properly) "
    We kind of did allready.....  in X-Men Origins: Wolverine "
    That wasn't Emma Frost, that was "Emma"
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By uncanny89

yeah but in her character vid she says emma frost

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.