Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6127 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Emma Frost and Her Telekinetic Powers?

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

Hi, I just recently found out that Emma Frost has TK or potential TK. I also heard that everyone with telepathy has some TK or could develop it; is this true? An other thing that I read is the stronger you are with one the weaker the other is? For example Professor X also had TK, but for him to lift a pencil is like running a marathon. The reason Jean doesn't suffer this is because she has both as separate mutations or something like that. So she can excel in both equally with no limitations. Is Emma frost like Professor X or like Jean? Thank you for your answers and Explanations. :)

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By moywar700

Her TK powers happened years ago and it was recently referred in a cover.It was a picture of her holding a helmet with her mind.In AvX, they could have wrote her to be a powerful TK user with the phoenix force. but they didn't.She had a hard time taking over Thor's mind even though she had the phoenix force.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

Uhg, they are just turning her into Jean now.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

Uhg, they are just turning her into Jean now.

No. She's had the potential for it for awhile but they never branched out on it. So no, she isn't turning into Jean now.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

No one has answered my question yet :(. Is Emma like Prof X or Jean????

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@oviouslyjeangrey:

It's potential, not definitive. There is a difference.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By boob

The only time I can remember her having tk was in Generation X. And that was only two times.

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By StormyWeather

there is no real answer for this question.... its all up to what stuff the writers decide to throw in

the "science" behind X-Men & "psychic/psionic powers" can be annoyingly confusing, its also inconsistent, however i never knew Jeans TK & telepathy were 2 separate mutations... like Emma's diamond form and her telepathy being separate, is that what u mean by separate? I remember in the past reading that Emma was a potential TK but it was "never explored" but like @boob: mentioned, that was the only time i saw as well, I think the writers never went there with her because then she'd be too much like Jean, but if you want my opinion there are already a SHIT TON of telepaths in the marvel universe, why not make Emma a TK LOL! Look at Psylocke, she's got TK and telepathy but she can't use both like Jean....u can't say Emma is like the Prof or Jean, they've all housed the Phoenix Force soo....yea

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By boob
    @StormyWeather:  I didn't know the Prof housed the Phoenix Force. Was this 616 or alternate reality? When it came to Emma's Tk I thought the reason why she never used it again was because non of the writers paid any attention to each others work. lol
    StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By StormyWeather
    No Caption Provided

@boob: he had the phoenix in the 616 reality, here

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By satyrgod

I would've thought Charles would use the phoenix force to re-grow hair. I don't think Emma should develop TK; she's powerful enough without it and it provides her with limitations. Didn't Moondragon possess Thor back in the day? Why should Emma have such difficulty with the phoenix power?

Onihana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Onihana

@satyrgod: Because Thor is a Asgardian high up on the power scale. Phoenix is a above that and a human mind can't handle the power/knowlage that it has without issues. imo

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Onihana said:

@satyrgod: Because Thor is a Asgardian high up on the power scale. Phoenix is a above that and a human mind can't handle the power/knowlage that it has without issues. imo

Weaker or less skilled telepaths than Emma have almost gotten in his head. So no, your reason doesn't fly.

Onihana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Onihana

Refering to Emma/peoples having problems with phoenix force. not so much Thor just using him because of the contrast in differance in the question/statement asked

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By satyrgod

I agree - it couldn't have been Emma's power level, as much as her control over the phoenix force at that time. But I'm not aware of the circumstances of his possession by Moondragon. If she caught him off-guard, or if he thought her an ally, surely that would be different than knowing you're going into battle against a telepath of Emma's magnitude.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@satyrgod: The Phoenix Force enhanced her telepathy quite a bit. Marvel just came up with a lame excuse for Thor to be immune to telepathy just because he is a "god". It had no issue with skill at all or her being human. There was no real reason she shouldn't have been able to force her way into his mind when other telepaths have pressed into his mind despite Thor having good resistance and having forced influences out. Keywords, resist and forced out. He did neither in his fight with her.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By HexThis

@god_spawn said:

@satyrgod: The Phoenix Force enhanced her telepathy quite a bit. Marvel just came up with a lame excuse for Thor to be immune to telepathy just because he is a "god". It had no issue with skill at all or her being human. There was no real reason she shouldn't have been able to force her way into his mind when other telepaths have pressed into his mind despite Thor having good resistance and having forced influences out. Keywords, resist and forced out. He did neither in his fight with her.

See, this is an inconsistency that bothers me and frankly, it's just bad writing. Thor has a lot of strengths, almost too many, so he has to have an Achilles heel. It's somewhat like how Wolverine somehow has a resistance to telepathy and can survive everything and smell everything...it just comes to a point where the writers should keep in mind that suspense is a valuable commodity in storytelling.

Same with Hulk too. Wouldn't Emma be telepathically sensing all of her opponents if her powers were maximized? Hulk gets away too much with that Hulk smash thing, I've always felt his mind should be vulnerable seeing as how his rampages can apparently bring everyone to their knees.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheCrowbar

Guys just accept that AvX was a universe reboot. Seriously,you'll be a lot less mad about things.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@god_spawn said:

They badly wrote excuses for both Thor, and DareDevil

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@White Mage: The DD one was terrible. At least Emma beat the snot out of Thor in a ridiculously hilarious fashion. And I do think she pretended to shatter to stab him so many times.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@god_spawn said:

@White Mage: The DD one was terrible. At least Emma beat the snot out of Thor in a ridiculously hilarious fashion. And I do think she pretended to shatter to stab him so many times.

OMG, she was "overwhelmed" by his enhanced senses.........Ok AVX

Agreed. Emma wore the hell out of her Phoenix Force powers, and fighting Thor was a GREAT moment for her

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GonnaRain

There are some characters that have to many powers and a few to zero weaknesses, which is boring as hell. Hulk being the perfect example, him being pretty much unbeatable, his body capable to withstand pretty much ANYTHING, and heal immediately in case of any damage. One would think Telepathy could be his weakness, but no, he's got quite some resistant too...

That was the problema with AvX. Emma alone is a hell of a Telepath, with the Phoenix Force she had to become a beast, and yet Thor got away with the sad excuse of a God's mind being inmune or whatever.

But well, like others said already, at least Emma owned him without much effort. The whole fight looked like she was just messing with him, playing from the beginning, and Thor being able to shatter Emma's body had to be her doing, I seriously doubt he could've done it otherwise, Phoenix Force or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.