Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6154 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Costume Change?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Mercy_

In Uncanny X-Men 534.1, Emma is back to one of her older costumes. 

No Caption Provided

Does anybody know if this is a permanent change, or was merely the temporary artist taking artistic license? 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator

Bloody Dodson didn't have any full body shots of Emma in latest Uncanny... I am not hundred percent sure sorry. I think it might just be temp?

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Aiden Cross

I hope not, I hate this costume.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

Is that Dodson's work?  It shure doesn't look like it...  Anyway, I'd just chuck it down to an artistic mistake.  I can't see Emma reverting back to her kinky White Queen of the Hellfire Club outfit.  I'm sure it's just a slip up and not a major/permanent change.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By doddy

in uncanny x-men 535, emma wore the wihite version of her dark x-men costume...i really liked that one

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Sigh, I miss the 90s costumes. Back when Cyke didn't look like a human add for Trojan.

I reckon it's an artistic error, that look doesn't really suit her now.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " Is that Dodson's work?  It shure doesn't look like it...  Anyway, I'd just chuck it down to an artistic mistake.  I can't see Emma reverting back to her kinky White Queen of the Hellfire Club outfit.  I'm sure it's just a slip up and not a major/permanent change. "

No, not Dodsons, the people in the scans have cheekbones and actual jaws ;)

Its Carlos Pacheco. Did you check this issue out X-K? A reasonable improvement I felt...
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mercy_
    @xerox-kitty: Nope. It's Pacheco and D'Armata. Best art that Uncanny has seen in years. It's gonna be such a disappointment to go back to Dodson and Land now V_V

@doddy said:
    "  in uncanny x-men 535, emma wore the wihite version of her dark x-men costume...i really liked that one "
    The one with the fur ruffled neck?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty

That's Carlos Pacheco?  His style has changed, but I wonder who the inker is to make his lines too smooth :(  While I do like Pacheco, it's not enough to make me want to buy Uncanny. I need more than Fraction-Lite from my mutant-writers...

The Dark Emma outfit was just a black version of her white outfit ;)

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mercy_

Carlos Pacheco as penciler, Daniel Green as inker and Frank D'Armata as colorer. Interiors were great. Very smooth and fluid and slightly...I wanna say metallic, but I don't know if that's the right description. The colors reminded me of Tan from Rise and Fall, that's the best comparison I could think of. Overall, I would be quite pleased if they were doing art permanently on Uncanny, they did a fantastic job. 

It's been so long since I've read Utopia, I can barely remember. All I remember is that that's the storyline where I reallyyyyyyyyy started hating the Dodsons. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress:  She has the ruffled look again indeed. 

@xerox-kitty:  Ouch lol but Gen Hope, just the concept, could any writer make it work, without well, you know, going straight to trying to make the characters as downtrodden and tragic as AA? (Avengers Academy) I am not a huge Gen Hope fan, but Gillen does do the grown ups a lot better than the Five Lights. 

I think his work looks different because that issue was rushed. It had some weird compositions (word balloon errors too)
    doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By doddy
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @doddy said:
    "  in uncanny x-men 535, emma wore the wihite version of her dark x-men costume...i really liked that one "
    The one with the fur ruffled neck?
    "
    No Caption Provided
    doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By doddy

i loved her wrist supports lol

g33ky monk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14  Edited By g33ky monk3y

It sort of looked like Phil Jimenez at first. It's funny they went from Dodson to Pacheco, their style was similar (chin/jaw lines) for a while, back when Pacheco was on Superman. Now a days just about every character that Dodson draws looks the same, just with swapped out hair styles and costumes.

I never understood Frost's costumes. How in the world she manage to... stay together with those outfits is beyond me. One article I read awhile back mentioned that two-sided tape was involved. Ouch. It's funny to think about her white suit while in the sewers over in X-Men. There's no salvaging that suit, it needs to be burned after that mission.

g33ky monk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15  Edited By g33ky monk3y
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "

I need more than Fraction-Lite from my mutant-writers...

"

But I'm not sure if I'm digging the new run by Gillen either. It took about two seconds to inject some the elements from his canceled S.W.O.R.D. series.
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I think its  a temp.

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By uncanny89

I think im the only one who actually liked the costume in the .1 issue, i def. prefer it to the white version of the dark x-men cosume

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.