Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6127 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Black Queen????

Avatar image for jeangreyemmafrost
    jeangreyemmafrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jeangreyemmafrost

Are They Still gonna use the "WHITE QUEEN" in the dark x men or BLACK QUEEN like Jean

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Aronmorales

I have no clue.

laughingcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By laughingcorpse

They can NOT change her name! She has been the White Queen for the last 30 near years. Whether she was good or bad she has had that name. They can't take that away

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By pixelized

Why? she's not the queen of anything

laughingcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By laughingcorpse
    @pixelized said:
    "Why? she's not the queen of anything "

So, in a way she is. the Queen of the X-Men. And if they were going to change her name they should have after she left the Hellfire Club.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

She hasn't been the White Queen for about 15-20 years!  Osborne has no connection to the Hellfire Club's Inner Circle, so there's no reasons for him to label her as Black Queen.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pixelized
    @laughingcorpse said:
    " @pixelized said:
    "Why? she's not the queen of anything "
    So, in a way she is. the Queen of the X-Men. And if they were going to change her name they should have after she left the Hellfire Club. "
    White Queen, post Hellfire Club, was more just her status... like when someone gets their MD and prefers to be called Dr. instead of Mr./Mrs. Putting on a black suit isn't enough to change the name of a title that she no longer holds anymore. 
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By John_Feaster
    @jeangreyemmafrost said:
    "Are They Still gonna use the "WHITE QUEEN" in the dark x men or BLACK QUEEN like Jean"

I think that - Like Jean Grey - she'll use her real neme. Not Black Queen or White Queen , but just "Emma Frost".
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AngelFrost

well it's silly to call her the White Queen when she's wearing Black ....
    but I wish she wore white again!

):

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Kastiel

To simply put it, black isn't her color.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I think she'll start wearing white once Dark reign is over.

bobbydr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By bobbydr
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx:
    Me too. I will be shocked if this isn't temporary. People try to mess around with the costumes of iconic characters all the time and they always end up going back to the original.
    Avatar image for jeangreyemmafrost
    jeangreyemmafrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

she looks weird in black

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By uncanny89
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "She hasn't been the White Queen for about 15-20 years!  Osborne has no connection to the Hellfire Club's Inner Circle, so there's no reasons for him to label her as Black Queen. "

even though she isnt the White Queen of the inner circle her code name is still the white queen on the x-men and it has been up untill utopia started now its the black queen, but i dont think we will have long to wait for the white costume to come back tbh
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @jeangreyemmafrost:
    I just pray this whole "Black Queen"  affair dies quickly. Looking at issue summaries for September I think it will end pretty soon.
    It's annoying having a character who is so identified with a specific color that she's always wearing it to suddenly change. Especially when you consider her emotional connection to the color. She's been wearing pretty much just white ever since her brother, who was the only family member she loved, told her the color suited her. She even wore a white dress to a wedding.
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By uncanny89
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    "@jeangreyemmafrost:
    I just pray this whole "Black Queen"  affair dies quickly. Looking at issue summaries for September I think it will end pretty soon.It's annoying having a character who is so identified with a specific color that she's always wearing it to suddenly change. Especially when you consider her emotional connection to the color. She's been wearing pretty much just white ever since her brother, who was the only family member she loved, told her the color suited her. She even wore a white dress to a wedding."

did she? when was this? i tottally agree with you about the whole christian saying its a colour that suits her. i just dont like that they made a dramatic change to her costume
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @uncanny89:
    This was in X-Men Unlimited #4 (2nd Series, Oct. 2004). Emma takes Wolverine as her date to the wedding of two college friends.  She's a bit evasive about why she's taking Logan and not Scott, but it's implied that she doesn't want him to know about Doug, the man getting married. She shows up wearing a white dress. No one wants her there, because it's public knowledge that she's a mutant. Emma 'plays' nice for the wedding, but things change when the best man tries to embarrass her with her history with Doug in front of everyone. Slipping information in his speech that he could of only learned from Doug. Meanwhile a bunch of morons try and jump Logan for just being a mutant. They wind up beaten and stuffed into the trunk. (If I was in Logan's place I would of let them try and punch me. Just to see them break their hands on my skull.) Emma takes advantage of the open mic to drop the secret that Doug is in fact a mutant, which his new wife and all the guests didn't know.
    As they leave Logan tells her that he's got no right to criticize her since he beat up those jerks, but all Logan did was ruin those guys' night. Emma just ruined Doug's life.

I always felt that her loving relationship with her brother was rather tragic. He had a mental breakdown, but despite Emma's incredible power she couldn't help him, due to the power immunity that comes with family. The way Scott and Alex's powers wont work on each other. The one person in her family she would most like to help was beyond her ability. I'm surprised this has never been explored more. I'd like to see Scott surprise Emma by finding a trusted psychic to help her brother recover.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AngelFrost

Emma wearing Black is like ... 

Jean Grey dying her hair blonde.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Omega Ray Jay
    @AngelFrost said:
    " Emma wearing Black is like ... 

Jean Grey dying her hair blonde. "
                     Esentaly its just wrong

^ i want all of the above on a T shirt
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Omega Ray Jay said:
    " @AngelFrost said:
    " Emma wearing Black is like ... 

Jean Grey dying her hair blonde. "
                     Esentaly its just wrong  ^ i want all of the above on a T shirt "
    Haha, Mail me one :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.