Follow

Emma Frost

Character » Emma Frost appears in 6151 issues.

Emma Frost is a fictional character originating from Marvel Comics. Originally starting off as a super villain and enemy of the X-Men, during which she was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost is a powerful mutant telepath who can transform herself into organic diamond. She has become a prominent member of the X-Men. A gifted teacher, Emma is renowned for her beauty, wit, and sense of fashion.

Best Graphic Novel to hunt down featuring Emma Frost

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By krspaceT

Of the trade Paperbacks that have been released, which would show off the best Emma Frost. The stories with the best Emma comments, best scenes and best grasp of her. Stories that show off other character's at the same time are also good.

I guess the first of Astonishing could work, but I'm looking for other stories as well.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

I'd definitely recommend Morrison's run on Emma Frost. She's definitely written really well by him. Other than that I'd definitely consider you picking up Emma Frost's miniseries by Bollers.

doddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By doddy

Moriison’s NXM and Whedon’s AXM are must read I guess…

Emma Frost 18-issue solo series was really great, I think it's totally underrated perhaps because it's irrelevant with the X-Men or HFC.

And there are some recommendation lists, I hope they are helpful for you. : )

Essential Emma Frost The Recommended Reading List: http://emmafrostfiles.com/2011/03/essential-emma-frost-the-recommended-reading-list/

Originally Posted by NewMutant

1st Appearance

Gen X 6 - Kick ass Emma moments, shows how ruthless she is.

Gen X Two Parter - Gen X relive what happened to her Hellions. This gives us insight into her past and Hellions, but also with her Gen X students. Two birds one stone.

New X-Men E is for Extinction two issues - Emma joins the team and saves the day.

New X-Men Murder at the Mansion part one - Cyke/Emma revealed, learn her past, shows her relationshiops with Beast and Wolverine

Astonishing X-Men 2 - Her confrontation with Kitty. Another nod to her past. Plus she is running the school

Astonishing X-Men - Torn conclusion.

Uncanny X-Men annual 2 - current, no to the past, shows her relations to norman, namor, tony stark. Best Fraction has written her

Originally Posted by ButterRum

I did have these in mind:
    Uncanny X-Men #334, #452
    New Warriors #10
    Generation X 95 Annual, Generation X #49, #55-#56, #59
    X-Men Unlimited #34
    New X-Men #36, v2
    Civil War #3

I did add The New X-Men and Astonishing X-Men issues you mentioned though. Yeah, no current issues because I wouldn't want to recommend anything Emma is used poorly in. Anyways, sorry you didn't like the list. It was hard to choose from hundreds of issues and I did have to narrow it down to a few.

But please know THE FIRESTAR ISSUE IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE EMMA KILLS A HORSE...her most ultimate evil act. 'nuff said
    Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Madame_Mist

Emma killing Butterum is probably one of her most heinous acts as a villain.

CerealKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By CerealKiller

i have the collected edition of her own series, the one thats already been mentioned. 18 issues in the one book and its not expensive if you buy it on amazon or something. id say well worth.

and just to add something that's not been mentioned before, theres a five issue mini series, Heralds, which features her and is pretty good. just trying to extend the list : )

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.