Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

WTF!!!!! How did Kale do that? Spoilers........ don't whine about it, if you click it.

• 98 results
    Avatar image for gokuandsuperman
    GokuAndSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GokuAndSuperman

F*ck you Toei. So Toppo slightly struggle against SSB kamehameha but Kale walks through it. This is way worser than Caulifla turning SSB. LSSJ Kale> Toppo makes me wanna throw up. Most rage I ever had in this series. Thank you Toei for ruining SSB and Toriyama you went nuts now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
    deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

She did. Because of this and heap more, You know what no scratch that... I am actually more mad at myself for still watching this show, Toy'ey is just trying to sell more toys now, They are truly milking Dragon Ball in a flagrant way.

One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Naruto etc... They get to keep consistency and good story writing, They get to keep what makes them good. Why the hell is Toriyama even allowing this shit, I would be ok if she was LSSJ for ages before and gradually got the power, But she just transformed a few episodes ago. Also the power scaling falters not just here, Since the Goku Black saga nothing has made any sense. At this point SSJ Blue which is supposed to be on par with the god of destruction Beerus who is ions above Super Buu who himself is ions above Cell... is being used just as shtick to show off others powers. Are you friggin telling me that Krillin (who i still think would get absolutely godsmacked even by filler characters in One Piece) is able to hold off Super Saiyan Blue, The Krillin that Cell would smack off in the same manner like he did to Mr. Satan, Can Super Saiyan Blue even destroy an island at this point? Pre-SuperSaiyan Goku from Namek is a billion times more godly than any of these showings. Animation, Story, Power DBZ>DBS, This is getting worse than GT. I may seem angry, I am angry, I have had it with TOEI's shit.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Thanks for the spoilers in the title, jerk.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

Honestly, I'm not sure why this type of thing is surprising to anyone at this point. It's been made perfectly clear on numerous occasions that the writers of the anime don't care one bit about consistency or logic.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think we have this thread every week, the, "who did this character do this thing they apparently weren't suppose to" you'd think at this point you guys would have made it a general by now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin said:

Honestly, I'm not sure why this type of thing is surprising to anyone at this point. It's been made perfectly clear on numerous occasions that the writers of the anime don't care one bit about consistency or logic.

Honestly tho, Goku goes from destroying the universe with a punch , To his punch barely looking like it can destroy a public toilet. It went from the ring barely being destroyed by a three way God of Destruction brawl to getting destroyed by some random fatass getting Randy Orton'd by Caliufaufuafua or what the f is her name, Everything is hype and nothing is impressive.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_: This is precisely the reason why I prefer Toyotarō's manga. As you previously put it: the writers at Toei are basically trying to sell toys by adhering to fan service. I wouldn't even care if the story was at least moderately interesting, but most of the arcs so far haven't really been anything special, and the first two were just a rehash of BoG and RoF with poor-quality animation.

GokuAndSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: I only spoiler the most Bs part of the episode. Don't get mad at me if you got hurt over a stupid part in the episode.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin said:

@crash_: This is precisely the reason why I prefer Toyotarō's manga. As you previously put it: the writers at Toei are basically trying to sell toys by adhering to fan service. I wouldn't even care if the story was at least moderately interesting, but most of the arcs so far haven't really been anything special, and the first two were just a rehash of BoG and RoF with poor-quality animation.

You know whats funny... As soon as Goku charged up his KameHameHa "I KNEW KALE WAS GOING TO JUST WALK THROUGH IT! EVERYONE WHO HAS WATCHED THE BROCLY MOVIE KNEW IT!"

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And? We knew nothing about her full power before now; I don't see the point in getting upset over this. Also, Goku said he was just gonna "release a little bit of ki", so it wasn't even full power anyway.

At least now we know she can stomp the life out of Broly.

GokuAndSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp: It's fan service and LSSJ/ berserker shouldn't be even touching SSB. At this point, they are using female audiences to buy Kale and Caulifla toys by making them stronger.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp said:

And? We knew nothing about her full power before now; I don't see the point in getting upset over this. Also, Goku said he was just gonna "release a little bit of ki", so it wasn't even full power anyway.

Still... It would have been a million times better if they just inserted a male Brolyesque character. Preferably one with muscles and a sad past, Let us be real! Her transformation looks more magical than super saiyanish, There is nothing legendary about it! Broly's upbringing makes him legendary, On the other hand Kayle looks like something like a preteen would draw and randomly give her a Broly transformation, It looks like something i would find in a Smoki.

zoldycklogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah that was too much even for Toei

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    ArtThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear there's a thread like this every week, why are people still so surprised?

GokuAndSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GokuAndSuperman

@jloneblackheart: Stop crying about it. I'll change the title just for you to stop whining about.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

SSB seems like a way to encapsulate massive amount of power without leaking any energy. So its safe to presume he wasn't at his full power. Though I maybe wrong. Although it makes sense why Goku gets tagged when he's at SSB cuz he isn't at full power ( which is well above SSJ3). He also likes to hold back against weaker opponents so....

GokuAndSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artthief: I thought Toei had little logic left that's why. I never expected that a Broly wannabe would tank SSB Goku kamehameha whether he was holding back or not. Next episode, Roshi tanks through Toppo's justice flash and sents him flying every where.

grappolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just stop watching that trash, problem solved.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
    The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp said:

TBH, that's still really dumb tho. Caulifia being able to achieve SSJ2 was already silly, but Kale is a whole new level of stupid. She literally achieved the form only couple of hours ago and her blast was deflected by Caulifa. Now she uses it again and she's suddenly on par with SSB Goku... What? Plus the reason she went berserk was dumb.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that the thread title says don't whine and op does nothing but whine

GokuAndSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: So their is a person cussing people in different languages, trolls, putting random nasty links, insulting others families, making mom jokes in serious way, threats, and toxicity with battle wars. But a little spoiler I'm such a dick for doing that. This spoiler is like revealing the new villains, transformations, new characters, techniques, and major plot points. I'm sorry if this such important event in Super is being ruin for those who haven't seen it.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TBH, that's still really dumb tho. Caulifia being able to achieve SSJ2 was already silly, but Kale is a whole new level of stupid. She literally achieved the form only couple of hours ago and her blast was deflected by Caulifa. Now she uses it again and she's suddenly on par with SSB Goku... What? Plus the reason she went berserk was dumb.

Any different than Broly? Frankly tbh, sounds like the whole thing was poking fun at him.

At any rate this episode was kinda dumb/boring, also odd that yeah she walked through that yet couldn't do any real damage to a SSJ 2 Goku.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get where you're coming from, but I don't think Caulifla tossing aside an energy ball is enough to gauge power. Her reason for transforming I'll agree is dumb, still can't tell if Kale is crushing or whatever, wish Toei would give back story and explain this stuff.

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: TBH, Broly's isn't that bad (all things considered). At least when you consider all the things that happened to him as a kid (being stabbed nearly to death, saving himself and his father from a planets destruction, etc...), as well as the fact that he spent many years of his life restrained by his father. Both are dumb tho.

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp: Don't think she's crushing since she calls Caulifa "Big Sis", but this is Japan, so...

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wolfrazer

@the_man_with_questions said:

@mainjp: Don't think she's crushing since she calls Caulifa "Big Sis", but this is Japan, so...

Incest in the morning! SUPPRESSED MEMORIES! 97.1!

Also fair, Broly is a little better..but..eh.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They aren't literal sisters.

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone tell me why Kale CAN'T be that strong...

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
    midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garbage episode

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kyrees

@gokuandsuperman: mods will warn if you post unnecessarily reveal stuff on the title of your thread, especially if said material is only a few hours old. that rings for everything here in comicvine. also, if you haven't noticed, everything that shares a spoiler on comicvine actually puts a spoiler warning on it one way or another, you just went on fully spoiling it in the title.

FTT: nothing really surprise me anymore in super though in hindsight, broly is still not canon.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want everyone to take note, that the level of SSJ doesn't necessarily matter 100 percent when compared to another SSJ level. For example, just because Goten and Trunks can go super saiyan doesn't mean they stand a chance against another super saiyan. Look at Trunks. He can go up to a SSJ2, but yet he has enough power to fight a SSJ3, in the manga. The power level of a SSJ varies by a case by case basis. Nobody here can give a legit reason as to why its dumb for Kale to be this strong aside from Toei shaming and butthurt.

@mainjp said:

This.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beast_mode999: everyone is mad because they expected kale to be broly level but they were wrong and she turned out to be dbm broly level.

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp said:
    @wolfrazer said:

Yeah, but I still feel like it would be weird considering the context of their situation.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp said:
    @wolfrazer said:

Yeah, but I still feel like it would be weird considering the context of their situation.

It was a reference.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Toei has stopped caring about scaling since the Future Trunks arc. At this point you need to forget power levels, consistencies and feats in DB Super. Because the writers dont care about that. Just watch the show for what it is. (which unfortunately is still pretty bad but you know we are going to watch it regardless)

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Beast_mode999

@deathhero61 said:

I want everyone to take note, that the level of SSJ doesn't necessarily matter 100 percent when compared to another SSJ level. For example, just because Goten and Trunks can go super saiyan doesn't mean they stand a chance against another super saiyan. Look at Trunks. He can go up to a SSJ2, but yet he has enough power to fight a SSJ3, in the manga. The power level of a SSJ varies by a case by case basis. Nobody here can give a legit reason as to why its dumb for Kale to be this strong aside from Toei shaming and butthurt.

@mainjp said:

This.

well said

@johncena69swag said:

@beast_mode999: everyone is mad because they expected kale to be broly level but they were wrong and she turned out to be dbm broly level.

its honestly really hard to defend super. It's inconsistent as hell but in this instance people just refuse to get over butthurt. Right now I feel like I'm defending a Pathological Liar because I know he didn't lie in one instance yet people are blaming them for lying.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toei has stopped caring about scaling since the Future Trunks arc. At this point you need to forget power levels, consistencies and feats in DB Super. Because the writers dont care about that. Just watch the show for what it is. (which unfortunately is still pretty bad but you know we are going to watch it regardless)

I'm still waiting for one of you guys to give a solid reason (asides from Toei shaming and an attempt on claiming inconsistencies) on why Android 17, Kale, and the like being at the levels they are is silly when there's nothing but evidence to claim the opposite.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos said:

I'm still waiting for one of you guys to give a solid reason (asides from Toei shaming and an attempt on claiming inconsistencies) on why Android 17, Kale, and the like being at the levels they are is silly when there's nothing but evidence to claim the opposite.

First of all I haven't watched the lasted episode so I don't know what happened with Kale or what was said. But here it is.

OK on 17. He seemingly reached SSB Level in 7+ years with just training in island. If that is enough explanation for you then so be it. However for me it is absolute BS. For one thing regular training shouldn't be enough Piccolo, Goku, Vegeta all trained just as much if not even more and even harder yet none of them achieved such level of power. Goku had to do a ritual and Vegeta had to go through intense training with Whis. Frieza also went to intense trained and only managed to reach said level with a new form. The major problem with his power up is that it contradicts with the Buu saga. The time difference between the Buu saga and now is a couple of years and 17 has been training for the entire time since Cell saga so he should have been very powerful during the Buu saga.. He would have been able to wipe the floor with everyone but instead is an afterthought likely killed during Super Buu earth wipe attack(we only see Tien and chiaotzu avoiding it. And Toriyama didn't forget about him since we actually see 17 during the spirit bomb) or by Kid Buu(which he should have survived considering he is an android so he need not worry about breathing in space and at his supposed power level such a blast should not have killed him). Secondly when he did give his energy, at this level of power it should have been enough to kill kid Buu but it wasn't enough Goku even said it was only a little. Not too mention Goku didn't even a mention a jump in power for the spirit bomb while he did note how huge the bomb was when the Z fighters did give their power(All of whom should be even together inferior to 17). Unless you believe in first 7 years of his training 17 didn't get any stronger at all and then suddenly jumped up inpower in like 2-3 years. How convenient.

Next up the U6 Saiyans and their non sense. First of the two female saiyans gaining the ssj from a tingle in the back is absolute BS after everything we have seen. Except for Trunks and Goten who were seemingly born with SSJ level power. Everyone else had to attain through raw emotion and anger, including Cabba himself. Yet tingly back is now enough. Next Kale for no actual reason gets a completely different form. We aren't even told why that is(Broly was the first super saiyan born with ridiculous power), she just has that form. You now Cabba couldn't see or tank anything from SSB Vegeta when they fought but he was able to avoid Kale. Caulifa gained SS2 out of no where as well, with no actual reason(remember when Gohan first transformed). She had never seen the form nor had gotten seriously pissed or anything.

That's it. I'm not debating this anymore.

nilok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By nilok

@deathhero61: My guess is because it is viewed as an undeserved power up that trivializes the effort that came before.

That being said, Toriyama did that all the time and gets giddy at doing stuff that the majority of the fan base doesn't like, so I can't honestly lay the blame on Toei for this because this also fits Toriyama's MO.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

So glad I decided to read the manga. I dropped DBS after like 30 episodes.

nilok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By nilok

@god_vulcan: If Toriyama hears how much people don't want to see Kale stomping on Goku, he will double down on it. There is the hope that Toyotaro rewrites it to at least have it make sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Her power is maximum and keeps flowing constantly..is obvious

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
    deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? Now you're complaining? Broly had his transformation and sh*t on everyone in a 5v1. The LSSJ transformation is MEANT to be a god-tier transformation with the drawback of slipping into a berserker rage. I see no problem with Kale, a sayain with that transformation in a series that doesn't fully use power-scaling, doing what she did.

Furthermore, if you look at Goku after the encounter; he's not really harmed and is trying to fight Jiren. Goku was probably just testing a transformation that he hasn't canonically seen before.

If you want to complain, complain about Trunks randomly getting enough power to tangle with god-tier opponents or the other nonsense Super has tried to pull.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I took it as a reference to Movie 8 when SSJ Goku fired a Kamehameha in Broly's face and he just stood in it unphased.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
    deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? Now you're complaining? Broly had his transformation and sh*t on everyone in a 5v1. The LSSJ transformation is MEANT to be a god-tier transformation with the drawback of slipping into a berserker rage. I see no problem with Kale, a sayain with that transformation in a series that doesn't fully use power-scaling, doing what she did.

Furthermore, if you look at Goku after the encounter; he's not really harmed and is trying to fight Jiren. Goku was probably just testing a transformation that he hasn't canonically seen before.

If you want to complain, complain about Trunks randomly getting enough power to tangle with god-tier opponents or the other nonsense Super has tried to pull.

This so much.

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone tell me why Kale CAN'T be that strong...

She's a woman

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also if you want a more consistent interpretation of power levels in DBS,I'd say read the manga.

Besides,I've seen worse sins in DBS than Kale wrecking SSB Goku,who has fought evenly with opponents ranging from Krillin to Hit levels

Watertaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: But, I wish they did?

You know? Just care, for once.

For all of it's problems, I can't list inconsistency as a huge problem in DBZ (when it comes to proper power scaling, at least).

What I just watched was a butchering of the Dragon Ball franchise. The only thing that saved this episode was Jiren one-shotting her tbh.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.