Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 184 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

Would Goku let Cell be perfect?

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Goku and Gohan enters RoSaT first. After them Vegeta and his princess. Goku is now stronger than Vegeta was, he leaves Gohan in a lockout and fly to confront Cell. Kurilin crushes the remote, Goku stomps semi-perfect Cell harder than Vegeta did. Cell tells Goku that in his perfect form he would be a challenge Goku deserves. What would Goku do? Kill Cell or let him obtain perfection? There is no Trunks, Gohan or Kurilin to interupt. Either Goku agrees and let Cell absorb 18 or kill Cell after disappointing fight.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 emperorthanos-  Moderator  Online

Goku certainly has no issues with letting his opponents get stronger. However I wonder if would let Android 18 die.

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku be on that suspect sh$t when he wants a good fight. I guess it would depend on his mood, lol.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku certainly has no issues with letting his opponents get stronger. However I wonder if would let Android 18 die.

Hmm, i was gonna say yes. But I don't think Goku, at that point in time at least :P, would let someone die so he can have a good fight.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
    midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean he let Vegeta go so he could fight him again..... I wanna say no, but goku has done some weird things

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku was dead set on letting Frieza walk away for a second time just so he could fight him again when he was stronger. Letting Cell reach his Perfect Form sounds like something he'd do.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Skrskr

If it meant something other than absorbing 18 he would, goku wouldn't let someone die just to get a fight.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@zaied: @midnightdragon18: Nobody doubts he would let him power up to infinity if Cell could. But here it involves letting Cell kill 18, so the question is, would he let Cell kill 18 so he can fight Perfect Cell?

dbzaota482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dbzaota482

Super Goku might but before then, hell no...

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: he'd say "After I win I'll wish you back with the dragon balls

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zaied

@rukelnikovftw: I think it's definitely possible. Goku did let Fat Buu wipe out an entire city just because he didn't want to beat him for Goten and Trunks. That's more ridiculous than allowing Cell to reach his perfect form at the expense of someone he deems an enemy. While they weren't evil like their future counterparts, 17 and 18 were still searching for Goku with the intention of killing him, and he spent years training specifically to beat them. He has no reason to consider 18 an 'innocent' at this point, so why not let Cell absorb her?

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: he'd say "After I win I'll wish you back with the dragon balls

I actually thought that may be the case, but I guess he would go something like "Please, let him absorb you! After we beat him we'll wish you back with the DB, cmon, what do you say? Pleeeeeease?", but i don't think he would force on her.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think so. I don't think his good guy instincts would let him sacrifice 18 like vegeta did. Vegeta also doesn't care about all the people telling him how stupid he's being. I think goku would be a bit more open to the others suggesting he doesn't let cell transform.

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think so.There's a difference between wanting a good fight and being plain arrogant.

I think Goku's smart enough to realise when he's outmatched,otherwise he would have just directly gone and fought semi perfect cell when he rescued piccolo.

I only think he's allowed his opponent to power up when the situation was manageable,like when he was alone against Freeza or when he knew Cell wouldn't stand a chance against Gohan so he gave him a senzu etc.He sure didn't care about having a good fight against Buu and sacrificed his ego to fight Beerus.

This is of course assuming this is dbz Goku.Current Goku would make annoying noises and then let Cell do whatever he wants for a fight

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
    deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would want him to, it would be funny.

Anyways if Android 18 was needed, then I have my doubts as to if he would. If she wasn't at risk and Cell just needed a Zenkai, then he probably would let him get perfect.

Then again that might not happen, when he let frieza power up he was in an imperfect ssj form so yeah.

DJudgment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DJudgment

Goku has a tendency to either not go fulls strength himself or to let his opponent get to its absolute strongest, he's an idiot!

But he's the idiot you root for because in some weird way you understand why and agree with it and in turn love it.

So yes he would 100% let Cell become perfect.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he would have let Android 18 get absorbed.

Avatar image for dragonvegeta123
    Dragonvegeta123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes especially if this is super goku

Avatar image for thegamemastershaun
    TheGamemasterShaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku enjoys fighting and there was that time when he gave Perfect Cell a senzu bean.

I think Goku would do it.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to think he wouldn't just because that would require him allowing Cell to murder 18, but at the same time I can very easily see him responding with "Relax, it's not like we can't just wish her back with the Dragonballs after I'm done!"

Life is so incredibly cheap in the Dragonball universe.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Jgames

No, Goku does like fighting but hate seeing innocent get hurt. Plus he stealing power, not using his own.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames:

I don't know if you can consider Cell eating the Androids as stealing power. He isn't draining their ki the way 19 and Dr. Gero did. He was designed in such a way that to achieve his full potential he has to consume 17 and 18. Doing so causes him to evolve to the next stage in his metamorphosis, which for him is his natural life cycle. Sort of like how a parasitic wasp has to start as a larval form and then devour it's caterpillar host to gain enough energy to become a full wasp.

Theoretically if it was just their power he needed he could've just eaten Piccolo or maybe Tien+Krillin and transformed, but the show made it pretty clear he needed the androids specifically. A weird design choice by Dr. Gero, but then a lot about Cell's physiology is flawed from the perspective of a scientist trying to make the ultimate life form.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Jgames

@jgames:

I don't know if you can consider Cell eating the Androids as stealing power. He isn't draining their ki the way 19 and Dr. Gero did. He was designed in such a way that to achieve his full potential he has to consume 17 and 18. Doing so causes him to evolve to the next stage in his metamorphosis, which for him is his natural life cycle. Sort of like how a parasitic wasp has to start as a larval form and then devour it's caterpillar host to gain enough energy to become a full wasp.

Theoretically if it was just their power he needed he could've just eaten Piccolo or maybe Tien+Krillin and transformed, but the show made it pretty clear he needed the androids specifically. A weird design choice by Dr. Gero, but then a lot about Cell's physiology is flawed from the perspective of a scientist trying to make the ultimate life form.

Yeah but in Goku point of view, that how he will see it.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thatduderox

As a kid growing up on the funimation dub, I would have said never. But after going back and watching the uncut Japanese sub, and especially after Super, I'm not sure honestly. It wouldn't be the first time Goku has risked the lives and safety of others for a good fight.

The fact that we're even having this discussion nearly makes Goku comes across as a sociopath, at least when a good fight is involved.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DeathHero61

basicfan30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr said:

If it meant something other than absorbing 18 he would, goku wouldn't let someone die just to get a fight.

The right answer.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.