Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

Will Goku and Vegeta ever be able to survive in a vacuum?

• 90 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-618607f4569df
    deactivated-618607f4569df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For years it has been seen that the fact that Goku and Vegeta cannot survive in vacuums has limited their fights to Earth or whatever planet they are on. Even though it is not likely that Toriyama will write that they ever will but I believe its an interesting thought. Maybe they wish to be able to survive in a vacuum? Maybe they gain the ability with a new God power? I just think it might be a good addition to db to make things more interesting tbh.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
    midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think it would be a nice addition, the most logically way would be to wish for it.

GokuSSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe their next transformation will have a Kii aura that allow them to breath in space.

But I don't think they would but I think it would be nice!

Avatar image for dragonhunter1414
    DragonHunter1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Making that will only make it boring. Goku already know IT maybe he can teach it to vegeta.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
    deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do i know depends on what comes in the future of DB

Avatar image for watcher_killer4
    Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully Whis teaches them.

I imagine Whis teaching them saying Having a battle on the planet you are trying to protect may destroy it so you must learn to breathe in space

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i think it would be a nice addition, the most logically way would be to wish for it.

Hopefully Whis teaches them.

I imagine Whis teaching them saying Having a battle on the planet you are trying to protect may destroy it so you must learn to breathe in space

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously doubt they will learn to survive in space at this point.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Yeah I agree with this. If Toriyama wanted to do some thing like that he would have done it by now.

The only way I see this happening is if Toriyama just forgets that saiyans can't breathe in space.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@thedarkpaladin said:

Yeah I agree with this. If Toriyama wanted to do some thing like that he would have done it by now.

The only way I see this happening is if Toriyama just forgets that saiyans can't breathe in space.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Toriyama did forget something like that. Lol

Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: @thedarkpaladin:

Nah that's one of the things he actually remembered. You can tell with the whole with making an atmosphere and Goku only being able to reach the Statusphere thing...

He'd probably just have Whis teach them to survive only on ki

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@watcher_killer4:

Well, Vados making an atmosphere in the universe 6 tournament arc doesn't really mean much, since normal humans were being brought to spectate the event.

I really don't see them learning how to survive in space at all, honestly.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed. It would've been such an easy fix with the introduction of God Ki, and that allowing them to survive in space, but that ship has long sailed.

It could maybe be a feature of the supposed SSW transformation, but it doesn't seem likely. Guess if you aren't Frieza, Cell, or Buu you're just out of luck.

Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

Yea well it would be smart on Akira part... If your going to have beings that can accidentally destroy the Earth in a fight... It wouldn't be a good idea to keep them on Earth

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@zaied said:
    @thedarkpaladin said:

Agreed. It would've been such an easy fix with the introduction of God Ki, and that allowing them to survive in space, but that ship has long sailed.

It could maybe be a feature of the supposed SSW transformation, but it doesn't seem likely. Guess if you aren't Frieza, Cell, or Buu you're just out of luck.

My thoughts exactly. I even have my doubts about the white haired form granting them such an ability, especially since they would more than likely still be using God ki anyway. Although it's kind of unfair to the Saiyans seeing as how the majority of their enemies, as well as Beerus and Whis can all survive in space.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe let them survive in space for a few minutes out of sheer toughness, but not for extended periods. Even strong heroes need a weakness.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

Yea well it would be smart on Akira part... If your going to have beings that can accidentally destroy the Earth in a fight... It wouldn't be a good idea to keep them on Earth

DB characters have been destroying planets since the Freeza saga, and were even stated to be able to as far back as the Saiyan saga. Hell, at this point the earth being destroyed is really no big deal since they can just undo the damage with the Namekian Dragon Balls in a matter of minutes.

Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Watcher_Killer4

@thedarkpaladin:

I suppose ithats true but then we have cases like majin Buu who don't have a reason to keep Earth . Really the only reason the Earth is still there is pure luck.

23dhjyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Making Goku and Vegeta being able to breathe in space will give us more feats

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe let them survive in space for a few minutes out of sheer toughness, but not for extended periods. Even strong heroes need a weakness.

That doesn't make any sense.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: I'm always hearing that DB doesn't make sense when discussing feats. How is this any different?

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ad-arts

@never_give_up: That doesn't make any sense.

Sure it does, human can survive in space for a short while. The only problem is, in space we ( people ) go out of oxygen very quick because our bodies are too weak for us to be able to hold breath in space at all. If we hold breath in vacuum, we would destroy our lungs and our blood would "boil". Saiyans are stronger, they should have no trouble holding their breath in a vacuum, and they can hold their breaths for much longer. Should not be a problem for them to survive for couple minutes.

BTW, low temperature in space is no toruble even for a human. You will not die of cold, even if you walked clothless. The problem could be too high temperature if facing sunlight, radiation, vacuum, but not cold.

So yeah, i see no reason why saiyan should not be able to survive in space for a slong as lets say underwater.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: I'm always hearing that DB doesn't make sense when discussing feats. How is this any different?

Your reason for them being able to survive didn't make any sense.

@ad-arts said:

@never_give_up: That doesn't make any sense.

Sure it does, human can survive in space for a short while. The only problem is, in space we ( people ) go out of oxygen very quick because our bodies are too weak for us to be able to hold breath in space at all. If we hold breath in vacuum, we would destroy our lungs and our blood would "boil". Saiyans are stronger, they should have no trouble holding their breath in a vacuum, and they can hold their breaths for much longer. Should not be a problem for them to survive for couple minutes.

BTW, low temperature in space is no toruble even for a human. You will not die of cold, even if you walked clothless. The problem could be too high temperature if facing sunlight, radiation, vacuum, but not cold.

So yeah, i see no reason why saiyan should not be able to survive in space for a slong as lets say underwater.

You haven't convinced me. Saiyans can't survive in space, deal with it.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ad-arts

@never_give_up: You haven't convinced me. Saiyans can't survive in space, deal with it.

I have not convinced you to what, facts? You don't instantly die in space ( as long as not in direct sunlight, if close to the sun )... problem is oxygen, there is basically none.

Saiyans can't but people can? Saiyans can for as long as there is enough oxygen in their bodies, same as real life people. Why would it be any different? If we can ( less then a minute ), they can, most likely a bit longer.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By never give up

@ad-arts said:

@never_give_up: You haven't convinced me. Saiyans can't survive in space, deal with it.

I have not convinced you to what, facts? You don't die instantly in space ( as long as not in direct sunlight, if close to the sun )... problem is oxygen, there is basically none.

Saiyans can't but people can? Saiyans can for as long as there is enough oxygen in their bodies, same as real life people. Why would it be any different? If we can ( less then a minute ), they can, most likely a bit longer.

It happened in the show, deal with it. You haven't convinced me.

Deal with it.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up:

It happened in the show, deal with it. You take the low-end feats with the high-end feats. You haven't convinced me.

Deal with it.

Do you even understand what you read?

Who is talking about feats? I am talking about real life people, we can survive in space for a short time, best bet is saiyans can to. We did not see in the show how long they can survive but there is nothing that suggest they would not be able to survive for at least as long as WE PEOPLE CAN IN REAL LIFE.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ad-arts

@never_give_up: Deal with it.

Deal with what, your inability to understand written word? Done.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

@never_give_up: Deal with it.

Deal with what, your inability to understand written word? Done.

You're trying to reach. It's nothing new Saiyans can't survive in space. Don't try to apply real world physics to buff up your favs. Because the second someone brings the real world physics into a debate and it doesn't suit the DB character you'll shun it.

So like I said, deal with it.

Saiyans can't survive in space.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ad-arts

@never_give_up:

You're trying to reach. It's nothing new Saiyans can't survive in space. Don't try to apply real world physics to buff up your favs. Because the second someone brings the real world physics into a debate and it doesn't suit the DB character you'll shun it.

Nah man, not once anybody in DB said they die instantly. If they dont die instantly, they survive untill they die because of suffocation. Even if its for couple seconds = survived for couple seconds. We, regular people can survive in space for a short time, nothing suggest Saiyans cannot survive for at least that long.

What we know about Saiyans? They need air, what we know about space? There is no air, meaning Saiyans will die in space because there is no air. Untill they die, they SURVIVE. Simple as that, deal with it.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

@never_give_up:

Nah man, not once anybody in DB said they die instantly. If they dont die instantly, they survive untill they die because of suffocation. Even if its for couple seconds = survived for couple seconds. We, regular people can survive in space for a short time, nothing suggest Saiyans cannot survive for at least that long.

Deal with it.

No Caption Provided

Deal with it.

Ecthelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts:

WTF. Saiyans can't breathe in space.... smh.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

@never_give_up:

Deal with it.

No Caption Provided

Deal with it.

Just because they can't breath in space does not mean they can't survive in space. We can't breath in space, but we can survive in space. You have a tip, right there on the screenshot - it is right in front of you man. Problem is oxygen, they cannot breaht. So yeah, untill they die of suffocation, they survive. Deal with it.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ad-arts

@ecthelion: WTF. Saiyans can't breathe in space.... smh.

Who said they can? Another one who cannot read?

You cannot breath in space either, but you can survive... untill you run out of oxygen.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

And who said they can? Another one who cannot read?

No Caption Provided

Deal with it.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ad-arts
    @never_give_up said:
    @ad-arts said:

And who said they can? Another one who cannot read?

No Caption Provided

Deal with it.

Does it say how fast is he gonna die? No, so we can safely assume he will die because he cannot breath. It will take a while for him to run out of oxygen. Yes, he will eventually die, but untill he does die, he survives. Nothing here suggests he dies instantly in space. Seing as Sayians have similar physiology to us, the only reason he dies in space is lack of oxygen. So yes, he can for a short time survive in space. Considering planet Namek exploaded, not for long enough to do anything about it. He cannot breath underwater either, he cannot live underwater, but he can for a short time survive underwater... space / underwater, same thing, no air in both. Deal with it.

THe problem is your understanding of a word "survive". There is more then one meaning you know.

Can Goku survive holding breath for a year? No.

Can Goku survive holding breath for couple minutes? Yes.

So what, just because he cannot hold his breath for a year, we assume he will not survive holding breath at all? No lol

Goku can hold his breath for couple minutes, and its as long as he could survive in space. Again, deal with it.

The thing about him and Frieza, Frieza said he will not survive in space, because even if he holds his breath he will die. There is nothing to go to, he can't go to another planet. It does not mean he cannot survive at all, even for a short time. It means even if he survives for a short time, he will ewentualy die. In a long run, he cannot survive in space, but HE CAN SURVIVE in a short run. It's just a matter of holding breath, that's for how long he can survive, that's for how long we, real life people can survive. How is this not obvious...

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts: Saiyans can't survive in space so once they destroy a planet, they die. Why are you reaching?

Deal with it.

The topic is

Will Goku and Vegeta ever be able to survive in a vacuum?

If they die in space there's nothing to debate or reach about.

I'm getting some rest.

Hopefully, you're able to deal with this weakness that Saiyans have. While other characters like Whis, Vados, Freeza, Frost, King Cold, Beerus and Champa can all have a tea party in space.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ad-arts

@never_give_up: And why are you telling me what the topic is? I am replying to you, not to the op.

It is you who said saiyans cannot survive in space even for a short time, because it does not make sense to you. How come it does not make sense, since we can survive for a short time???????

You have nothing to back it up, i have a lot to back up that they can survive for a short time. They need air, there is no air, obvious is they will survive for as long as they can hold breath. We alerady know saiyans can hold their breaths... yet, you seem to be arguing with their ability to hold breaths.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ad-arts

@never_give_up: Man you really have troubles with understanding written word.

It is you who said saiyans cannot survive in space even for couple minutes. Prove it. They can hold breaths for couple minutes, the only factor in space is how long you can hold your breath for. You are telling me Saiyans cannot hold their breaths at all?

Guess what, i went to the swimming pool last week. I cannot breath underwater, i went underwater anyway, for 30sec and I SURVIVED!!!! HOW???? AM I IMMORTAL?

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

@never_give_up: Man you really have troubles with understanding written word.

It is you who said saiyans cannot survive in space even for couple minutes. Prove it. They can hold breaths for couple minutes, the only factor in space is how long you can hold your breath for. You are telling me Saiyans cannot hold their breaths at all?

Guess what, i went to the swimming pool last week. I cannot breath underwater, i went underwater anyway, for 30sec and I SURVIVED!!!! HOW???? AM I IMMORTAL?

I thought you were dealing with it. You're back at square one. Saiyans can't survive in space I'm just saying.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ad-arts

@never_give_up: I thought you were dealing with it. You're back at square one. Saiyans can't survive in space I'm just saying.

I guess you think i am immortal after all, i survived underwater even though i cannot breath underwater... Goku can hold his breath too, deal with it.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good night you've been dealt with!

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ad-arts

@never_give_up said:

@ad-arts said:

@never_give_up: I thought you were dealing with it. You're back at square one. Saiyans can't survive in space I'm just saying.

I guess you think i am immortal after all, i survived underwater even though i cannot breath underwater...

I'm not even reading your posts anymore.

Saiyans can't survive in space, deal with it.

It doesn't matter how long you believe they can survive the scan explained everything to you in a vacuum Goku/Vegeta are useless, they are as good as dead or wait.

Saiyans can't survive in space. Deal with it.

I am glad you won't reply any more, i really am. I don't enjoy conversations with someone who does understand what other ppl write. It's not just me who you do not understand, you do not understand manga either. You seem to have serious issue with logic.

For you "can't survive" means he dies instantly, when its not at all what it means.

1. Guy at the hospital after car crash, doctor says he won't survive. To you it means he's already dead. Lets say that guy will live another hour, what will doctor say if asked if he can survive another 30 minutes? Doctors says, he will survive... How dare he says he will survive 30 minutes, if he won't survive 60 minutes...

2. I cannot survive 5 minutes underwater, to you it means that i cannot survive 1 minute either or at all.

3. I cannot survive in space for 1 minute, to you it means i cannot survive for 15 seconds either ( human average is around 30 sec ) or at all.

etc etc.

Don't blame me because you do not understand the word "survive".

Good night you've been dealt with!

The only thing you proved is that you have serious troubles with logic and written word, but hey, good night.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts: I'm awake and I never said I wouldn't reply anymore. I'm reading the rest I'm getting ???. I'm awake again I have trouble sleeping at night maybe I should read your arguments when ever I need some rest. I'm reading ?????????

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ad-arts

@never_give_up: The problem is that you argue with the meaning of a word "survive". Nowhere did i say he can survive in space for ever. Survive in space, or underwater or in a fire can also mean survive just for a short time. There is absolutely no reason for Saiyans not to be able to survive in space at all. We can do it, nothing stands in their way to do it. The problem is, when planet explodes, and there is no instant transmition available, surviving in space for a short time will do no good. So in that case, yes Frieza could just generalize and say he cannot survive - but it meant he will die no matter what. It does not automatically mean he dies instantly. In a long run, yes they cannot survive, but since we know they can hold their breaths, they can survive for a short time - for as long as they can hold their breaths. This is what my point is, and what it has been. Saiyans can survive, but not for long... Couple minutes? Sure why not, Goku can eaisly hold his breath for that long. Low temperature won't kill him, its not at all cold in there. The only thing that will kill him is lack of oxygen or heat if facing a direct sunlight from a star. So for as long as there is oxygen in his lungs, he is surviving...

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

@never_give_up: The problem is that you argue with the meaning of a word "survive". Nowhere did i say he can survive in space for ever. Survive in space, or underwater or in a fire can also mean survive just for a short time. There is absolutely no reason for Saiyans not to be able to survive in space at all. We can do it, nothing stands in their way to do it. The problem is, when planet explodes, and there is no instant transmition available, surviving in space for a short time will do no good. So in that case, yes Frieza could just generalize and say he cannot survive - but it meant he will die no matter what. It does not automatically mean he dies instantly. In a long run, yes they cannot survive, but since we know they can hold their breaths, they can survive for a short time - for as long as they can hold their breaths. This is what my point is, and what it has been. Saiyans can survive, but not for long... Couple minutes? Sure why not, Goku can eaisly hold his breath for that long. Low temperature won't kill him, its not at all cold in there. The only thing that will kill him is lack of oxygen or heat if facing a direct sunlight from a star. So for as long as there is oxygen in his lungs, he is surviving...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Deal with it

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HighAccuser

Couldn't they already do this? Jeez DBZ is inconsistent as shit

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ad-arts

@never_give_up: Seing as you are unable to understand the meaning of a word survive, i am out. Not my lvl of conversation, i got bored.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.