Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

Why didn’t Vegeta or the U6 saiyans show very much interest in UI?

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The U6 saiyans freaked out over ssj3, yet seeing UI didn’t make them freak out at all. They showed no interest in gaining that power for themselves.

Same with vegeta, at first he was kind of shocked at UI, but then later dismissed it and decides he doesn’t want UI.

Why wouldn’t any of the saiyans who we know want more power, want the most powerful form shown so far?

They literally watch Goku get UI and just become massively stronger than they could imagine, yet they obsess over ssj3 or getting something similar to Gokus weaker form.

It just didn’t make sense to me.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cromulor

Are you kidding me? Vegeta spent several episodes trying to get UI from the moment he saw it in Episode 110 until it almost cost him his spot in the tournament against Jiren in Episode 122. That’s why Vegeta decided in Episode 122: screw Ultra Instinct. He was going to get stronger his own way. That’s what resulted in Blue Evolved in Episode 123.

As for Caulifla, Kale, and Cabba, they had a lot more to worry about considering they barely knew what Super Saiyan 2 was by the time the tournament started. Even now, they’re still just training to get to the next level (Super Saiyan 3) according to what they were talking about in Episode 131 after their revival. So could they want Ultra Instinct? Sure. But they realize that’s far down the line.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

Vegeta quite clearly cared about UI from the moment he saw it. There were instances later on where he tried to force himself to activate the form. Whis even points out during his fight with Jiren that he was trying to get it. Eventually though after multiple failed attempts he basically said F**k it and just blasted Jiren with everything he had.

Caulifa was told by Goku to focus on getting SSJ3 first. SSB was far beyond what any of u6 members where capable let alone something like UI.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
    deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Vegeta is definitely interested in UI. In fact, I'd argue he wants it more than Goku.

ChaosReigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ChaosReigns

Universe 6 was barely learning to go super saiyan, and you are asking why they did not try UI? I mean like UI is a god technique, why would universe 6 saiyans think they are at that level?

Vegeta did most definitely try and even ask Goku what he did to get it. I think to you need to rewatch the TOP arc.

Tronmest35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tronmest35

According to Whis, the true known master of Ultra Instinct, Vegeta thinks too much, and this is highly detrimental to mastering Ultra Instinct. To do that, one must release their consciousness from their body, and allow their bodies to react on their own.

In conclusion, thinking is bad for Ultra Instinct.

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scotchbear

@chaosreigns: I didn’t say why didn’t they try to get it.

Vegeta never really was like “OMFG I NEED THAT RIGHT NOW!”

He tried twice to get it. That’s it. And gave up trying within seconds tournament time. He doesn’t really mention it too much, hell after the tournament he just asks what happened to it, and commented how he was going to do his own thing to surpass it.

So yes, vegeta tried for a little bit to acquire it, but gave up super quickly. Where as to get to super saiyan he dedicated YEARS to trying to get it. So he must not care about UI too much if he only dedicated 5 minutes at most to getting it.

The U6 saiyans didn’t even care about it.

The U6 saiyans didn’t even CARE about it at all. They made no mention of it being awesome or powerful. Hell not many people did at all, the GoDs freaked out, but even the other fighters were just like “eh whatever”

Why wouldn’t more people freak out over seeing one of the most powerful techniques in their multiverse

Yabuturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had thought since Jiren and MUI Goku were roughly equal I was hoping that if Vegeta's new blue form would have him roughly around Goku but then his new blue form only beat Toppo and not at first since Toppo had the advantage over Vegeta until Vegeta had got angry and concerned with his pride and beat Toppo easily.

But even then his new Blue form is not even on par with Ultra Instinct Goku, let alone Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku.

ChaosReigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ChaosReigns

@scotchbear: They didn't freak out because the universes' fighters did not know what Goku had done. If anything, it raised their awareness to take the fight more seriously since now they noticed that the tournament has incredibly powerful foes. Besides, the fight lasted for a short amount of time and noticed that Goku was weak and was not able to go back into that form. Ultra instinct is not something that the gods are actively trying to teach to its fighters. Only high tier mortals are taught by the gods to do that.

You need to also understand that the TOP was only 48 MINUTES long. They can freak out all they want but that is not going to help them. The point is to win with the most amount of fighters in the tournament. It is based on strategy and teamwork rather than to go all out.

In the end, toriyama only wanted to give good fights and not give long explanations. That would have taken the arc to be longer than what it should have. In all seriousness, don't overthink it too much. The TOP was a homage to its fans for supporting the franchise all this time and gave them full of references from past arcs. It was really meant to be the last arc.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had thought since Jiren and MUI Goku were roughly equal I was hoping that if Vegeta's new blue form would have him roughly around Goku but then his new blue form only beat Toppo and not at first since Toppo had the advantage over Vegeta until Vegeta had got angry and concerned with his pride and beat Toppo easily.

But even then his new Blue form is not even on par with Ultra Instinct Goku, let alone Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku.

Toppo ran through frieza with ease and clearly had the advantage against 17. Since UI is gone Vegeta is currently the strongest in universe

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: he’s tied with Goku. Ssbe is = ssb kkx20

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scotchbear: I forgot he did that. Goku burns up a lot of stamina in that form I think vegeta would out last him

Yabuturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: he’s tied with Goku. Ssbe is = ssb kkx20

I wonder why do some consider them equal? Is it because they fought similarly with Jiren? They are basically equal now until Goku uses UI?

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yabuturtle: a director said to view it as equal to ssb kkx20

Tronmest35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
    deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Vegeta rage quit trying to get it. He wanted it badly.

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scotchbear: Tbh, Vegeta never showed the same obsession had over SSJ for any other forms. That is because SSJ was a stuff of saiyan legends and something he believed to be his destiny. Also, after Buu saga, Vegeta came to accept Goku as his superior (although he gets triggered if someone implies that). That is the reason why I think Vegeta didn't obsess over SSJ3. SSJG was a different matter though. It was something that elevated Goku from mortal to deity level. With that power, Vegeta couldn't even be his rival. And that was not attained through training. So Vegeta had to request Whis to train him.

And since the show ended right after the tournament, we don't really know how badly Vegeta wants that form. He is probably trying to achieve it.

As for the other fighters, they probably might be thinking that the form is far above their pay grade.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.