Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

Where would we place Current Goku durability?

• 129 results
    BlackGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlackGoku

Thoughts?

Psy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Psy4

High enough to withstand anybody with a power level equivalent and lower, and only when he's aware and ready.

There is no constant measure of durability in the DB universe.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Litterally nobody knows

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not universal.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RukelnikovFTW
    alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

Plot>>>>Universal therefore Goku is above universal :p

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

multi planetary

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably couldn't tank Vegetto's multi-city block level Final Kamehameha.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
    deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HankScorpio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weak as dirt.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Paytience

Depends on focus an Ki available for defense. Generally speaking, when powered up, he is as durable as anyone in comics. How long that lasts is dependent on how much Ki he has to commit to hurting his opponent.

Think of Ki in the same way Star wars vessels use power. Note: this is no longer theory, the Novel Tarkin canonized it...the speed and strength of shields is relative to the amount of power available...the faster you go (real space), the weaker your shields, and vice versa.

Similar in DBZ...when powered up, their Ki creates a field capable of, with appropriate training, stopping planet busting attacks, or they can fight mftl. As Ki or goes down, their ability to generate and allocate fighting energy scales accordingly.The faster you go, the more ki you use, etc.

Goku could match or surpass the durability of just about anyone in Marvel...but he's only doing it for a half an hr at a time, if that. Conserving that energy is key, so they would only attack and defend with the amount of energy the situation needs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a853424245e3
    deactivated-5a853424245e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not durable enough to take a Super Karate chop from Kara.

Firestorm808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on the context.

If Goku isn't expecting an attack, he can feel pain and get injured such as the rock from Krillin, that bullet scene in Super, and that laser to the chest in Resurrection of F.

If Goku is expecting the worst, he can survive massive explosions such as Namek. He did die from Cell exploding. How strong is that? I don't know. What I do know is that Cell got a Zenkai from that and gained enough Ki in total to possibly destroy the solar system in one Kamehameha. How? I'm not sure on that too. Zenkai scaling is pretty dumb, especially since Goku Black.

BlackGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: You also relize that the punches that Beerus was hitting him with Where Universal level Punches And Goku wasn't even getting scratched so His Durability Would Obviously Be Universal.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paper mache level.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kyrees

@blackgoku said:

@kyrees: You also relize that the punches that Beerus was hitting him with Where Universal level Punches And Goku wasn't even getting scratched so His Durability Would Obviously Be Universal.

future zeno's universe wiper would beg to differ (and before you claim it's a multiversal blast, there's no context of it affecting other future universes ). also the beerus-blue goku exchange had the waves getting stronger as it progressed farther or else earth would have been instantly destroyed in the first punch. goku nullifying those punches pretty much proves he's not actively choosing to face those punches head on.

another point to ponder is that beerus-champa exchange has far more pronounced results and both characters were on the same level while beerus-goku exchange has one side loosing in the long run unless you are going to claim that SSG goku is beerus level which both the movie and the anime contradict easily

dbzaota482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not particularly impressive for his power level, which is strange because Goku was well-known for his resilience in the original series.

rrjstudio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rrjstudio

@kyrees: Bro please try harder to downplay dbs feats, your attempts are pathetic and null. Toriyama in character narration by multiple characters > your stupid little opinion or interpretation. Goku is by feats universal at minimum seriously people who question it really need to get a life you're not above the creator's word

Toriyama has been stated to over see the majority of all panels going into super by toyotaro

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kyrees

@rrjstudio said:

@kyrees: Bro please try harder to downplay dbs feats, your attempts are pathetic and null. Toriyama in character narration by multiple characters > your stupid little opinion or interpretation. Goku is by feats universal at minimum seriously people who question it really need to get a life you're not above the creator's word

Toriyama has been stated to over see the majority of all panels going into super by toyotaro

the more pathetic point here are relative low count newbies who instantly mud sling at anyone who doesn't share the same veiws as theirs and attacks my statement when toriyama also pointed out that goku was also in danger in their clash against beerus and he also bailed out on future zeno's universal wipe. the only thing you practically have to scale on goku's durability is goku's exchange against beerus which put the universe in danger and yet he was actually counteracting it. better yet someone who is actually a level equivalent to beerus which is champa had far more dangerous effects to its surroundings and both vegeta and goku had to get away from this two characters. let's not forget goku was still soundly defeated by beerus atthe end of their fight even with their exchanges that rocked the universe. let's not forget that their durability does not scale with their output for most parts given in z, goku didn't survive perfect cell's suicide attack and goku feared kid buu's first ki blast that would have destroyed earth.

people actually need to see beyond their fan googles before they start accusing people of downplaying. so what if toriyama is overseeing things on super, the power levels of super have been a roller coaster ride that not one dragonball apologist can defend. heck, if we start scaling on goku as a universal, then goku black or golden freeza should have wiped everything in an instant. the only thing their universe becomes in more apparent danger is when one or two gods of destructions are fighting.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kyrees

@rrjstudio: a.) it was never even hinted in their short span of time goku had to call everyone to the time machine to hop back to the present to avoid zeno's wipe

b.) he would still need to endure the initial blast of that attack. he can die later of oxygen deprivation. also, they were still alive on that space where future u7 existed when they returned back to talk to future zeno.

i'm stupid when you lightly implied that goku can actually survive zeno's universal wipe, not its after effects ?

let's not forget how you instantly glossed over beerus and champa's power level as a whole when they are still technically stronger than goku.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DeathHero61

@jaycool2 said:

This, lol.

You guys are idiots.......everyone knows that rock is stronger than Mr Satan and Broly.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zoldycklogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a super saiyan 1 i would say around dwarf star level. When Cell exploded he destroyed king kai's planet, that has the density of a dwarf star... Now Goku died from the explosion, but cell wasn't completely destroyed, yet cell wasn't that much more durable than goku when they were fighting.

So explosion> Cell durability>king kai planet>=Goku durability.

Now if cell was able to destroy a dwarf star ,before getting the zenkai boost, and in his semi-perfect form, it means that the statement about him being able to destroy the solar system after the boost ,in his perfect form, was also right.

And gohan's kamehameha was stronger than Cell's. So Gohan is solar system + level in DC

SSJ2 Goku= SSJ2 Vegeta> SSJ2 Gohan.

Now it's stated in the databook that SSJ3= 4xSSJ2 ( Ki wise,=Ki attacks count here)

So super saiyan 3 Goku Should be able to have enough powers to destroy between 4 and 10 solar systems.( My own estimation)

Kid Buu>= SSJ3 Goku.............Goku took Strong Ki blasts from Kid buu, So i would put his durability between 4 and 10 solar systems level in SSJ3.

I Think it's safe to say that the amount of ki is directly related to durability and Destructive Capacity of ki blasts as we can see,(Clearer than speed here @nemesisreloaded :p)

So if SSG Has 50 times more power than SSJ3,then Goku is between 200 and 500 Solar systems in Durability and DC.

Assuming this haven't changed if he goes to super saiyan blue.... But SSB Kaioken x10 has 10 times more durability. so Between 2000 and 5000 solar systems in DC and Durability.

Now this is indeed a lowball. Because Goku and vegeta in base are much more powerful than any version of them in dragon ball super. we clearly witnessed vegeta base forn beating the hell out of a SSJ3 Gotenks. So these numbers can easily be multiplied by 400 ( SSJ1 x50...SSJ2x2...SSJ3x4). But powerscaling in super is ...... well, not good. So i am gonna say that Goku's Durability in super saiyan Blue KK x10 is between 2000 and 800,000 Solar systems.

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
    NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zoldycklogic: LOL not as easy as you'd think.

If you take away his Ki strengthening himself, his durability is high enough to withstand a shot from a sniper rifle. I'd wager that a Barrett 50cal would take him out. With Ki, he is able to withstand ki blasts that can destroy stars. But a physical punch powered by Ki? That's a different story.

When SS3 Goku was fighting Beerus, he punched at full strength and can be calculated to have struck King Kai's planet with 292.2 teraNewtons of force. Thats roughly equivalent to a 1km tall mountain being dropped on your head from a metre up. And Goku took a flick to the forehead from Beerus that was at least that strong. If you were to use the same stats as a human, it would require 70% of that force to seriously crack Goku's skull IF there was no whiplash or shock absorbing through head movement.

If you could somehow scale that up to what he is at SSB, then you'd know how big and heavy a thing you could drop on Goku's head without him dying. I personally have SSB at roughly 40,000x more powerful than SS3. If his durability scaled directly (and I dont believe it does for physical attacks) if you put Goku on an infinitely hard surface and dropped an equally hard 1.2 quadrillion metric tonne thing on him from one metre up in 1G, you'd probably reach the limits of his physical durability. Thats about the mass of Belgium down to the mantle.

But as far as Ki blasts goes, his durability as SSB would be equivalent to the power to destroy the mass of half a million Solar Systems.

Thats if I'm right about SSB being 40,960x more powerful than SS3 and if his durability scales with his power.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kyrees
    NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NemesisReloaded

@kyrees: Yeah, but it's sort of a cheat. Even the smallest stand-alone galaxies - Dwarf Galaxies - have 10's of millions or 100's of millions of Solar Masses. I have Goku at being able to endure a Ki blast able to destroy the mass equivalent to a Satellite Dwarf Galaxy, which is a dwarf galaxy that orbits another galaxy in the same way a moon orbits a planet, and while some of them can be big and have millions of solar masses, they can be as small as just 1,000 Solar Masses. So yes, still a galaxy, but a very tiny one.

He's low end Satellite Dwarf Galaxy durability in Ki blasts, country durability in physical attack and high powered rifle without Ki.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: My friend What zeno destroyed?A universe or 12 universes?

zoldycklogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: We can't scale using galaxies.... scientists believe that our galaxy may contain up to a 100 billion solar systems.

@nemesisreloaded: I think you are right, physical attacks are shown to be more effective when powered by ki.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kyrees

@galactic_1000 said:

it's hard to pinpoint whether he actually destroyed all 12 future universes but given he can limit his wiping capability since he merely destroyed 6 universes in the past, i'm a bit sure he only destroyed the future u7. why is this an argument ? simply because someone might correlate his feat to goku though for now, zeno is way too high for anyone in the series

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:
    @galactic_1000 said:

it's hard to pinpoint whether he actually destroyed all 12 future universes but given he can limit his wiping capability since he merely destroyed 6 universes in the past, i'm a bit sure he only destroyed the future u7. why is this an argument ? simply because someone might correlate his feat to goku though for now, zeno is way too high for anyone in the series

My big bro @nemesisreloaded told me Zeno destroyed 12 universes.Because world means everything.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kyrees

@galactic_1000 said:
    @kyrees said:
    @galactic_1000 said:

My big bro @nemesisreloaded told me Zeno destroyed 12 universes.Because world means everything.

sekai does mean world in japanese but it's an open ended context since there's no confirmation of anything beyond future u7 being destroyed aside from translation. it could mean that universe, it could mean everything so i need more than one statement for it to be relative to me.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Goku should be multi-galactic to universal in durability, but this will change according to the needs of the plot.

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:
    @galactic_1000 said:
    @kyrees said:
    @galactic_1000 said:

sekai does mean world in japanese but it's an open ended context since there's no confirmation of anything beyond future u7 being destroyed aside from translation. it could mean that universe, it could mean everything so i need more than one statement for it to be relative to me.

I only say that its the entire multiverse because the anime can be shown to consistently use the word "uchuu" when referring to a single universe and "sekai" when referring to the entire multiverse. The most obvious is an instance when Whis explains Zeno's power and what he can destroy saying something along the lines of "evil person, planet, galaxy, uchuu or even the entire sekai" something like that. For Zeno's part, when he destroyed the "world" he said sekai, so I take that to mean the multiverse since that's what the shows convention appears to be. As far as I know, there's no other way to determine it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab39f2267ace
    deactivated-5ab39f2267ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

City block level.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kyrees

@nemesisreloaded said:
    @kyrees said:
    @galactic_1000 said:
    @kyrees said:
    @galactic_1000 said:

I only say that its the entire multiverse because the anime can be shown to consistently use the word "uchuu" when referring to a single universe and "sekai" when referring to the entire multiverse. The most obvious is an instance when Whis explains Zeno's power and what he can destroy saying something along the lines of "evil person, planet, galaxy, uchuu or even the entire sekai" something like that. For Zeno's part, when he destroyed the "world" he said sekai, so I take that to mean the multiverse since that's what the shows convention appears to be. As far as I know, there's no other way to determine it.

a databook that fully describes that attack would help a lot because i can't fully trust toriyama that much given how much he forgets his work. heck, the current power level system of super is a testament to that. also multiple narration points in a story still technically falls in ABC logic since the word itself needed attributes from different points of the story that used the same word. it can't fully stand on its own statement.

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:
    @nemesisreloaded said:
    @kyrees said:
    @galactic_1000 said:
    @kyrees said:
    @galactic_1000 said:

a databook that fully describes that attack would help a lot because i can't fully trust toriyama that much given how much he forgets his work. heck, the current power level system of super is a testament to that. also multiple narration points in a story still technically falls in ABC logic since the word itself needed attributes from different points of the story that used the same word. it can't fully stand on its own statement.

I'm sure that even if for now its the multiverse, if at some point he comes up with a storyline involving the future again, we'll find out it was only the universe, or maybe even just the galaxy - destroying only what was necessary to kill Zamasu. A databook would be handy, but even then, it wouldn't be overly trusted. It would be helpful if there was a japanese word for Multiverse and they just started using it when it was necessary.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:
    @nemesisreloaded said:
    @kyrees said:
    @galactic_1000 said:
    @kyrees said:
    @galactic_1000 said:

I'm sure that even if for now its the multiverse, if at some point he comes up with a storyline involving the future again, we'll find out it was only the universe, or maybe even just the galaxy - destroying only what was necessary to kill Zamasu. A databook would be handy, but even then, it wouldn't be overly trusted. It would be helpful if there was a japanese word for Multiverse and they just started using it when it was necessary.

What`s a databook?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5879220e4dd
    deactivated-5a5879220e4dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weaker than these guys.

Loading Video...

Firestorm808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathmetal:

Goku can't resist magma and can't breathe in space.

Where did you get that Goku can't withstand the heat of magma?

In Chapter 50, Goku is hit by a lightning attack.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Dragon-Ball/Chapter-050?id=260635

According to this article, "Yep, the answer is a bolt of lightning, which can reach temperatures of roughly 30,000 kelvins (53,540 degrees Fahrenheit). The sun, on the other hand, is eclipsed in this case - its surface temperature is just 6,000 kelvins (10,340 degrees Fahrenheit)."

https://www.seeker.com/is-lightning-hotter-than-the-sun-1765058578.html

Goku can still Instant Transmission himself out of space.

Superman - All he has to do is make Goku tired of punching him and throw him into space.

Same point as above, but this would imply that Superman can take Goku's attacks with ease. More analysis is needed for this matchup.

Batman - Batman can take punches, and he can also dish out some damage too. He has a space suit and a magma proof suit. He uses his gadgets to his advantage.

Batman has taken punches from Superman before, but they usually lead to broken bones. If Batman can sneak up on Goku, then he can probably cause some damage, but his arsenal doesn't offer much in terms of offensive power. Goku is bullet resistant after all. This would also be under the assumption that Batman had prep time or has access to these suits in the first place from any location on a regular basis.

Vision - He can phase through Goku's heart and then un-phase. Goku will have an arm through his heart, thus killing him.

Goku has never fought intangible ghosts before, so that makes sense. I guess.

Thor - Thor and Goku can fight on and on, but Thor can never get tired.

Thor is god over 1000 years old, so yeah, Thor would beat Goku in his current state. This seems to contradict the statement that you made about Ironman. If Thor has virtual invulnerability and immunity and has virtually inexhaustible stamina, how did Ironman beat him? Usually, other gods, the Hulk, or cosmic beings match him. If you could reference the comic, that would be great.

Ironman - Like Batman, Ironman has access to many suits. Ironman can make a suit that can withstand a Spirit Bomb and Goku himself. Plus, he can drag him to space or sink him in lava. The dude fought and nearly won against Thor and knocked out the Hulk too. Both of those people can destroy Goku too.

Again, this would also be under the assumption that Ironman had prep time and analyzed Goku to make such a suit. On another note, the strength of a Spirit Bomb varies depending on the amount of Ki used. Again, Goku can transmit out of space.

Hulk - The Hulk waved around Loki and Superman like ragdolls. The Hulk can take on anything. Spirit Bomb are like pebbles and bullets to him.

I'm not sure what waving around people is supposed to mean, but yes, the Hulk is strong especially in his World Breaker form. Cosmic beings are usually a match for him. In regards to Ironman knocking out Hulk, what form was the Hulk in? I would place Hulk's strongest as a planet destroyer. I'm not sure if he ever destroyed a star before. Hulk would lose to Doomsday because he grew resistance to physical damage after getting pummeled to death by 5 Kryptonians. For DBZ, Vegeta has been shown to destroy a planet before with a Ki attack in episode 11 of DBZ. Again, Spirit Bombs vary. If you could provide another major feat of Hulk, that would be great.

Wolverine - He can withstand any attack. He's been disintegrated many times, so a Spirit Bomb is nothing to him.

I'm pretty sure you mean that Wolverine can heal from "many" attacks. Also, he has admitted that being kept underwater can kill him, with the healing factor only prolonging the agony. Wolverine has been disintegrated before, and in those times when there is nothing left to regenerate, he does die, like in Uncanny X-Men Vol. 1 #142 (1981). Goku did vaporize Kid Buu to the point where he couldn't regenerate and died.

Captain America - He knocked out Galactus. A Spirit Bomb wouldn't work on his shield.

What comic did he knock out Galactus and in what context? You seem to mention the Spirit Bomb a lot, but that isn't Goku's only method of attack. What's stopping Goku from catching/grabbing and throwing away the shield since Goku has been shown to catch bullets a few feet away in Dragon Ball Super episode 77?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestorm808: Dude calm down i didn't make the list, i only found it on youtube it thought it would be a troll list, but after reading the comments the kid who created the list wasn't trolling i laugh my ass off, because he was serious. On topic none could even dream of defeating goku even vision dosen't have any FTL reflexes and thor is slow as f*** all guys on the list will get oneshotted.

Firestorm808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Firestorm808

Oh, no. I knew It was sarcastic from you, but the guy originally posting it was kinda serious about it. I just thought that I would throw my opinion in for the sake of it. I actually sent this to the guy.

jasonhitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Multiverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestorm808: That guy is a noob or maybe a kid, he is using movie characters instead of comic character. I bet he dosen't even know what comic characters are capable of, even if you debunk him he will still stick to his point.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anywhere from bullet to common ray gun level.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.