Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

Ultra Instinct Goku discussion.

zoldycklogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zoldycklogic

Goku's new form and his fight with Jiren were so great, that we never really stopped for a moment to discuss the form and its nature. There are plenty of questions, concerning Goku's new form, that are answered by speculations.

Let's be honest, no one predicted his new form to be the Ultra Instinct technique that was hinted ever since the RoF arc. I myself thought it would be a technique that once he has mastered, he would be able to use it anytime so that he would never be off guard, like Whis and Vados, and apparently Jiren. Until now, it's only Goku that needs to transform to use the technique of mastery of self-movement. And as we can clearly see, this form increased Goku's stats a lot. ( 100 times if we follow the lyrics ).

My questions are:

1. Are Goku's new form and the UI technique two separate things?
    2. Does UI require Divine Ki to use?
    3. So if you have a friend who saw DB and DBZ, but isn't following DB super and stumbled upon Goku's UI pic on the internet, how would you explain this form to him?

thanks and sorry for the ones who didn't want to be tagged.

Leon_Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Form itself is called Omen i would reckon you need God Ki to use it as it mimics the regular SSG with particules of energy shown to move upward similar to how SSG has it's moving upwards.

Goku Taps into Omen which then grants him Ultra instinct.

zoldycklogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Form itself is called Omen i would reckon you need God Ki to use it as it mimics the regular SSG with particules of energy shown to move upward similar to how SSG has it's moving upwards.

Goku Taps into Omen which then grants him Ultra instinct.

So as long as Goku is not into Omen form, he can be caught off guard as easily as ever? Whis and Vados are always using it. We can say that Daishinkan and the other angels are doing it too. And Beerus does it to a certain limit. All in their base form.

It's OK to say that Goku's base form and SSJ forms are not compatible with UI since it requires God Ki, But What about SSG and SSB?

Leon_Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Leon_Alexander

@zoldycklogic: Not entirely sure we know his regular SSG and SSB were trash to SSB Kaioken now this might sound silly but what if Omen is an Angel form?

His eyes take on a color very similar to the Angels eye colors themselves and we can speculate they all know Ultra instinct.

Personally i think he can only stack KK with it.

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheDeathstar

Long time man and so I am gonna try answering your questions:

1. Could be anything. I personally think it's a completely different state which as we have seen is not a Saiyan exclusive transformation but something even GoDs and other mortals can achieve. Though according to GoDs it's impossible for a mortal to achieve.

2. Goku didn't just get UI but a new form of energy which I think is an extradimensional energy since even Whis couldn't define the heat(aka energy) coming from Goku's body. For mortals like Muten Roshi, Tien etc, it was something they defined as "Frighteningly calm energy". It was definitely this "Omen" we are hearing about, an event regarded as a portent of good or evil. Something he would get to set things when the situation is unexpected.

3. I will just tell him "Don't even ask, you have a long way to go son".

Let's be honest Ultra Instinct Goku is the next level and as the opening says "Even God of Destruction appears puny", no doubt the time has come.

zoldycklogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leon_alexander: interesting. would like that. UI + Kaioken ..... that's monstrous

zoldycklogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedeathstar:The technique itself might not be saiyan exclusive, but the form, I think it is. And according to Herms, and the wording of the titles/spoilers in japanese. UI isn't something that Goku activates, it's something that is triggered inside of him and is activated by itself.

@leon_alexander: so it's not like Goku transforming to ' Omen ' allows him to use UI, the activation of UI transforms Goku to this state.

Leon_Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zoldycklogic: That may also be the case only time will really tell.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.