Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

the power scaling is a horrific mess in super

Kute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

characters and forms that should be immune to ssj3 level characters constantly have to exert themselves and nonsense

i'm enjoying the show so i don't let it detract from the experience. but ssj blue in particular is a MESS

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup . It becomes hard to watch super at points .

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok.

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose you just have to roll with it at this point.

The one thing I never understood was that in Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, the moment someone is SLIGHTLY stronger than you, your attacks and skill sets become nullified. Like Goku and Piccolo vs Raditz. Raditz was a weak guy but felt like a god compared to the both Goku and Piccolo. He could tap them and kill them should he want to and dodge their attacks without trying.

In DBS however, that idea is thrown out of the window. An angry Vegeta needs to put in effort to defeat the Pepsi Police man.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scaling actually isn’t that bad everyone just got stupid power boosts out of no where for this tournament, the argument on scaling being horrible is reliant on Ssb being out of the reach of 17 and gohan when it isn’t. They are that strong now so just get over it.

Piccolo outright states gohan is the strongest hes ever been when they sparred, and 17 has been fighting off threats that arrive whenever goku and vegeta off planet.

Krillin has been training with 18 constantly who doesn’t take it easy on him.

Even Roshi got the bs “I’ve been training this whole time”

It’s bad writing but the power levels are decently established.

Kale being able to take on a suppressed blue and then goku in ssg being able to fend her off but do no real damage, while simultaneously smacking around caulifla.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hudyman: by why wouldn’t he able to have a decent fight with him in ssj? His power level hasn’t been established at all.

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The power scaling was already a horific mess since "it's over 9000", but we were all mostly kids at that time...

TheCount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6
    deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power scaling is just stupid anyway.

Straja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest they purposly nerf powerful characters in order for show to be fun...if we follow our logic jiren would win this tournamnet in a matter of seconds the moment tournamnet starts...

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kute said:

characters and forms that should be immune to ssj3 level characters constantly have to exert themselves and nonsense

i'm enjoying the show so i don't let it detract from the experience. but ssj blue in particular is a MESS

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr: Don’t forget that Krillin was training with Goku between the events of episodes 76 and 77. Any power boost he gets should make sense since he’s training with guys more powerful than him.

I’ll have to go check the chapter but IIRC Trunks did state that a fighter will make bigger gains training with a partner rather than by themselves and this man had two of them.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The power scaling was already a horific mess since "it's over 9000", but we were all mostly kids at that time...

Actually this, Super just makes that problem so painfully obvious.

TheCount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheCount

@katrurius17: What bad power scaling are you guys talking about, i only remember introductions of ridiculous numbers, which have always been bullsht, and I have honestly never paid much attention to, and I'm sure most don't/didn't that's why they don't complain. With super the scaling issue is in your face bad, you can't gloss over it.

Before the Saiyans it was all Earth, Goku and Piccolo. The Earth through numerous admissions is a planet of relatively low power level, while the likes of Raditz etc are going around cleaning out life from different planets solo or as few as 2. That's not bad power scaling, they should be stronger on average.

Tien and Krillin etc were clearly weaker than Goku and Piccolo but they weren't that far behind, and they spent nearly a year at Kami's lookout training specifically for Saiyans. Progressing your training and getting stronger/better makes sense. By the "It's over 9000!" point Goku had taken his training to the next level also in King Kai's planet which was the first introduction of increased gravity, this realistically would yield incredible results (of course we're talking about a fiction where the pumping of blood would be of no concern), a shock to the system or keeping workouts fresh is how you progress. Not to mention running snakesway for months and kaio-ken to multiply his attributes.

Where as with Super you have one guy at God level training non-stop with the likes of Beerus (or someone stronger like Whis) being close in level with some guy who shadowboxes in his spare time when he's not protecting animals from poachers. Now that doesn't make sense. Then there's Trunks going from SS2 to around SSB suddenly.

The difference here is actual progressive training. If I saw Krillin or someone train with Beerus and Whis I could believe they got really strong really quick.

The only one who was skewing things then was Gohan. Which is just meant to be OP despite being 4 years old, gotta just accept that.

Revold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Revold

Power scaling itself isn't that bad. But back in DBZ x2 power is a big deal. Look at gohan vs cell. Then when you come to DBS, x2 is barely significant.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.