Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

the older dbz was more intense and "angrier" than dbs, idc i like it better that way

• 51 results
    jotadcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

feel free to browse the dbz videos below. the only thing i could guess as to why dbs is softer is it's the reasonable thing to do if you want to bring in a younger audience and let the fighting material gradually become more graphic as the world audience ages. maybe that is why the db creators initially are softening the tone? vegeta definitely is less intense.

jotadcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
    ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBZ always will be a better quality anime.

jotadcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

jotadcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

jotadcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By jashugan

DBZ isn't actually better than Super.

Nice movie gifs, they had better fights than DBZ but that's a given

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

DBZ isn't actually better than Super.

Nice movie gifs, they had better fights than DBZ but that's a given

This guy doesn't know Dragon Ball guys believe me lol.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedeathstar: We don't believe you, you need more people. Any reason why people have that DBZ is better than DBS is miniscule

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheDeathstar

@jashugan: You are right we don't believe you. Certainly, you don't even know what the manga panels represent and when it happened earlier in the previous thread so you shouldn't even be judging.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jashugan

@thedeathstar: this makes no sense. Even after I said I picked the wrong scans

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: Yea after being pointed out by 2 guys, sure.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@jashugan said:

@thedeathstar: We don't believe you, you need more people. Any reason why people have that DBZ is better than DBS is miniscule

Who is we lol? You have quickly garnered a reputation for being a troll and someone who has no idea what he is talking about

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jashugan

@emperorthanos: I'm a troll because? Most of the people that think DBZ is better than DBS can't give good reasons why

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@jashugan said:

@emperorthanos: I'm a troll because?

Because you troll. Why else.

Or you genuinely believe the things you say in which case you really have no clue what you are

This has nothing to with this thread BTW. DBS vs DBZ is very opinion based.

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheDeathstar

@jashugan: I agree you are a troll, same with the thordinson guy. You guys are ruining threads in Dragon Ball section for us. Beerus is mountain level and now this.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: So you literally came to this thread to call me a troll and nothing else. What's wrong with you? You don't even have a reason to call me a troll

@thedeathstar: I'm ruining the DB section by saying DBZ isn't better than DBS?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure why you're pretending DBZ was that brutal.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@jashugan said:

@emperorthanos: So you literally came to this thread to call me a troll and nothing else. What's wrong with you? You don't even have a reason to call me a troll

I came into this thread. Saw someone else call you a troll and I wanted to say that agreed with him. I didn't even know you had posted in the thread until after I came to look at it.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: So you entered the thread and saw the post replying to mine and someone thought I didn't post in the thread? You agree with him that I'm a troll with no reason why I'm a troll. Something is wrong with you.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@jashugan said:

@emperorthanos: So you entered the thread and saw the post replying to mine and someone thought I didn't post in the thread? You agree with him that I'm a troll with no reason why I'm a troll. Something is wrong with you.

Again I came into the thread. Saw you conversation and then agreed him on the fact you are a troll. Before I entered thread I didn't know who had posted in it.

Oh but I do have reasoning. E.g you going into threads and debating for characters whose manga you haven't even read. Or you Aang comment that GV told me about.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@kgb725 said:

I'm not sure why you're pretending DBZ was that brutal.

It was more Brutal than DBS. I dont even think they even show blood in Super.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: Wait, when did I go into a thread debating for characters from manga I haven't read? I hope you're not talking about the toriko thread in which I was highlighting ways Hit could lose and not actively supporting toriko.

My Aang comment is legit.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@jashugan said:

@emperorthanos: Wait, when did I go into a thread debating for characters from manga I haven't read? I hope you're not talking about the toriko thread in which I was highlighting ways Hit could lose and not actively supporting toriko.

My Aang comment is legit.

You were debating for then. You were mention how they could exploit stuff that wouldn't apply to the characters at hand. You were debating for Hit's opponents no matter how you try to spin it. Your only purpose for entering the thread was to lowball hit. You had no idea what his opponents could and that the supposed ways he could lose would't apply to his opponents.

And thus you are either a troll or someone who genuinely believe his nonsense. Either case no one should take you seriously.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: No, I was going off what people in the threads said about Toriko characters and their capabilities and compared it to hit and who hit has fought. Hit had trouble with an FTL and if said Toriko characters truly were FTL then they wouldn't have a problem doing the same things that was done to Hit.

How you got from there to me saying Toriko and crew would beat hit is your fault.

Also, you don't even believe Hit could beat said group. You're just saying I lowballed hit. ..... because? Did I lie about hit's abilities? Did I say he couldn't do something that he could? No.

No, I think you're just a fanboy and don't like the fact that I wasn't saying your favorite characters would stomp or some other nonsense.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@jashugan: I And that is exactly my point. You going into threads without of characters without having actually read the character involved and arguing against their opponent. You wer clearly arguing for how they would win. Despite not even knowing what they were capable off.

When you argue someone against someone you are clearly arguing for their opponent. If you want to talk about a characters weakness you do it somewhere else. Otherwise youa re clearly arguing for someone in the battle and in this case you didn't even know who you are arguing for.

What? I clearly stated Hit would beat the 3. And yes you did lie. I corrected you on a multiple things in that thread. Then GV told me about your trolling and I decided it was best not to continue. I shut down two others in that thread as well. One of whom got salty and just stopped replying

And again what? Who said Saitama was my favorite character. I ate the guy, and debate against him all the time. But even I know he would never lose to aang no matter what.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@seagod: @jashugan: eh you right. This has gotten way out of topic. I shouldn't have said anything

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod:These guys literally attacked me out of nowhere because of my opinion on certain fights. Something's wrong with them, they don't even care about my opinion in the current thread.

@emperorthanos: I don't have to read the comic of every character but that's irrelevant because I don't even comment on threads about characters I don't know.

I never said you said saitama is your favorite character. God_Vulcan is dumb and he calls me a troll because I believe a character who can control air can suck air out of a character that needs to breathe. What did you correct me on in that thread? Hit attacking in his dimension?

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually like Super more.....

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DBZ is GOAT. DBS is trash.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@jashugan: Well last response, This has gotten hand it is my fault for instigating it. My original post was simply meant to state that you have created a reputation for being a troll so people will believe what he said about you. I also gave you the reasoning as to why that belief has come up.

Whether you feel is justified or fair is up to you. I really couldn't care on whether you feel your actions shouldn't consider trolling because to me and clearly several others from the looks of it, they do.

zoldycklogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

Most of the people that think DBZ is better than DBS can't give good reasons why

You sure about that? every single person who followed DBZ and now following DBS can give you more than enough reasons to set their case for why DBZ is better.

1. DBZ had much better animation ( except some episodes in the ToP arc)
    2. DBZ had much much better power-scaling.
    3. Better story development.
    4. Better character development.
    5. Much Better story endings.
    6. It had real fight choreography.
    7. Originality.
    8. Better designs for characters.
    9. intensity. I mean even now, where the whole universe is on the line, and universes are being erased on the spot, fans are much less excited and intrigued, and characters aren't scared as much as they were back when Frieza or Buu were the main villains.

these are from the top of my head. I am sure some might come with more and better reasons as to why dbz is better.

I am not saying that I am enjoying DBS. I would be lying if I did. But it's only a sequel to the original after all.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: two of the three that have called me a troll are DBZ fans the other one is an OPM fan that's lying about me.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zoldycklogic: DBZ didn't have better animation than super. You can arguably find more bad animation examples in DBZ than Super due to the former being much longer.

Power Scaling is irrelevant and doesn't even make for a good story or fight. Why the fanbase has been holding on to this for so many decades is so weird.

I need examples of better story development and endings. There's a lot of stupid story developments in both stories.

The only character development in DBZ was Goku and Vegeta which got railroaded as the series went on.

Wait, what was more original in Z than in Super?

I can probably only think of Raditz fight and Vegeta vs Goku as good fight choreography in DBZ. DBS really only has the Jiren fight and possibly the Beerus fight as an example so you might get this one.

This one is the main point that I will concede. DBS has no stakes or tension at all but does it really matter? It takes itself far less seriously than the Z portion of Dragon ball. I will agree however that it takes itself seriously to the point that there should be some tension.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By dernman
    zoldycklogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@zoldycklogic: DBZ didn't have better animation than super. You can arguably find more bad animation examples in DBZ than Super due to the former being much longer.

ok that's your opinion.

Power Scaling is irrelevant and doesn't even make for a good story or fight. Why the fanbase has been holding on to this for so many decades is so weird.

wow, that's so not true. If bad power-scaling doesn't ruin a show like DB then what does?

I need examples of better story development and endings. There's a lot of stupid story developments in both stories.

I am starting to suspect that you either haven't seen DBZ or you saw it way after it was out, and watched it after knowing the endings of some if not all the arcs.

The only character development in DBZ was Goku and Vegeta which got railroaded as the series went on.

try harder: Piccolo, Gohan, even Cell was developing through each of his forms, like he is another person, Buu's change from when he was under Bibidi's control to befriending satan.... Honestly try harder.

Wait, what was more original in Z than in Super?

C'mon bro. The transformations are the trademarks of DBZ, Techniques like Kaioken, Taioken, Genki dama, Kamehameha, Instant transmission. The immortality wish. Other than Hit's abilities, (only his abilities since his personality is also similar to piccolo ), along with the idea of GoDs and their angels, You can't say that there is anything impressive and original in Super.

I can probably only think of Raditz fight and Vegeta vs Goku as good fight choreography in DBZ. DBS really only has the Jiren fight and possibly the Beerus fight as an example so you might get this one.

Again, try harder. Goku vs Vegeta round 1, Goku vs Majin Vegeta, Vegeta vs Rocoom, Goku vs Ginyu force, Frieza vs Piccolo - Vegeta- Krillin - Gohan, Goku vs Frieza, Piccolo vs 17, Goku vs Cell. and so on...

This one is the main point that I will concede. DBS has no stakes or tension at all but does it really matter? It takes itself far less seriously than the Z portion of Dragon ball. I will agree however that it takes itself seriously to the point that there should be some tension.

thanks, and yes, the lack of tension is indeed unfortunate. It definitely matters if a show managed to raise your adrenaline level.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zoldycklogic: DBZ killed it's own originality by having 3 super saiyan forms. Both Z and Super aren't original. DBZ rehashed so much and Super keeps using fanservice. Kamehameha has been in the series for a long time, instant transmission is just teleportation, wishing for immortality is something anyone can do.

You don't need to rely on power scaling to have a good action show. Many anime don't rely on it. Power scaling is something the fans care about and not so much the writers.

Cell isn't even a real character, he's just an amalgamation and rehash of Frieza and Vegeta. He isn't all that interesting apart from being a clone of everyone. Gohan's character development is poor and Piccolo is alright.

Goku vs Cell isn't as good as you remember and has many moments of poor animation. Have you rewatched Goku vs Ginyu force? Just a bunch of talking. Cell vs Goku was just a bunch of teleporting, zoom to the face and talking

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
    midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheDeathstar
    zoldycklogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leave that guy alone, i've never seen him say anything reasonable in these forums ever. Either he is a troll or ha never seen/read the original manga.

I think he is neither, his opinion is well spread among lots of DB fans. The two problems I see with him are:

1. the way he expresses himself to some comments
    2. he somehow tries too hard to prove himself right, he never admits when someone makes a better argument than himself. @jashugan I don't talk about someone behind his back.
    jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@midnightdragon18:Are you salty that the person you replied to doesn't think I'm a troll and also thinks my opinion is reasonable? Are you going to counter my comment because it makes a lot of sense and is shared by many people within the fandom. If not

No Caption Provided

@zoldycklogic: I don't express myself poorly, certain users here are just fanboys and are incredibly hostile to others. I have admitted to being wrong, but somehow these same users won't take it well.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
    midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zoldycklogic: most likely a troll. I've seen him say DBS was trash, now he's saying DBS> DBZ

Maybe you haven't seen as much of his post as i have.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My opinion probably shouldn't count given given that I don't watch that garbage.

But eh... Zeno is a pretty villain good for dragonball standards. (Not because of his "Power" but the whole child with no concept of morality thing)

That and the Kefla fight was fun... If I can get more of that over the usual action scenes I would be happy.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MainJP

The DBZ anime was toned down. The DB manga goes hard with its violence.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@mainjp said:

The DBZ anime was toned down. The DB manga goes hard with its violence.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Yeah, but the original anime still had a lot of blood, and violent kills in it (Vegeta killing Zarbon), it was Kai that removed most of the blood and tried to be "softer", Super seems to be in line with Kai.

jasonhitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MainJP
    @rukelnikovftw said:

Yeah, but the original anime still had a lot of blood, and violent kills in it (Vegeta killing Zarbon), it was Kai that removed most of the blood and tried to be "softer", Super seems to be in line with Kai.

I'm not even done, there's still the family that was brutally hacked to pieces by Dabra:

No Caption Provided

The manga didn't play.

But yeah, Dragon Ball has been censored a lot in recent years in general, just check this out:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2012/11/14/dragon-ball-z-budokai-hd-collection-contains-new-censorship/

It's probably that Japanese tv standards have changed since the 80's and 90's. Also Super has a morning timeslot.

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Alsimmons77

@zoldycklogic said:
    @jashugan said:

Most of the people that think DBZ is better than DBS can't give good reasons why

You sure about that? every single person who followed DBZ and now following DBS can give you more than enough reasons to set their case for why DBZ is better.

1. DBZ had much better animation ( except some episodes in the ToP arc)
    2. DBZ had much much better power-scaling.
    3. Better story development.
    4. Better character development.
    5. Much Better story endings.
    6. It had real fight choreography.
    7. Originality.
    8. Better designs for characters.
    9. intensity. I mean even now, where the whole universe is on the line, and universes are being erased on the spot, fans are much less excited and intrigued, and characters aren't scared as much as they were back when Frieza or Buu were the main villains.

these are from the top of my head. I am sure some might come with more and better reasons as to why dbz is better.

I am not saying that I am enjoying DBS. I would be lying if I did. But it's only a sequel to the original after all.

I like DBZ much more than DBS, but these points are simply not true for huge parts of the DBZ anime.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.