Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

The Dragon Ball Super discussion thread

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11451  Edited By MainJP

@shenron007: ...Okay.

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk said:

Roshi is the pimp to end all pimps. Accept it and move on.

Not gonna lie I'm just being salty. I'm a big Earthling Z-Warriors fan ( Krillin, Tenshinhan and Yamcha (rip) ) and it's awkward seeing them shafted once again but this time by none other than the old guy they supposedly "surpassed" years ago. Like... come on, seriously? Why even include them and get their fans hopes up in the first place?

Just bring Roshi's badass and replace Krillin and Tenshinhan with Boo and a Metal Man if they suck that much. Don't bring them and don't put them in anything, just leave them at home with Yamcha and Chaozu if all they're ever gonna be is fodder.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
    The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp: I like the fact Roshi starts criticizing what Goku's view of power has become.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp: funny how toyatoro tried to imply Gohan's human side is stronger than his saiyan treats xd.

i hated that line from clash of the titans " i will defeat you like a human". after all that build up, before that scene it ruined the whole movie for me lol.

this ruins the "saiyan pride" that every full saiyan, and half breed used to boast about to enjoy battle. 40 years of dragonball down the drain xd.

Saberian_Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp EXACTLY. Why give it to the character that makes the least amount of sense for? At this rate, just bring Yamcha back. Stop treating him as a joke, for once!

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp: I like the fact Roshi starts criticizing what Goku's view of power has become.

Yeah I really liked that too, especially this comment :D

No Caption Provided

this along with UI concept were done better in the manga. Toei introduced UI as a simple power boost that comes out whenever Gokus current power is not enough, Toyo on the other hand treats UI as a martial arts technique that has nothing to do with power levels. Let's hope he keeps it this way.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11456  Edited By Shenron007

@gaoron: you can't destroy a tank with just martail arts, power is relevant. nice try.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11457 emperorthanos-  Moderator

While I actually like the Idea of UI being a martial arts technique rather than a transformation, the way it was done in the manga with Roshi is still bad. Honestly it would have been best if Roshi just gave him that little speech without any fight with Jiren. Maybe him showcasing that skill against a fodder trooper

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11458  Edited By LeonardoTMNT

@gaoron: you can't destroy a tank with just martail arts, power is relevant. nice try.

Anyone can obtain UI, so it being a transformation made no sense like we saw in the anime. The manga version makes way more sense.

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos-:

Exactly what I think. Roshi's speech was amazing. Impressive dialogue. But poorly planed fight. If he had fought someone weaker(still stronger than roshi himself) and managed to get at least a double KO, it would've been perfect.

As for people talking about the manga handling UI better as a technique, I disagree. I think both the manga and the anime did a poor job. The idea behind UI is great, it didn't need to be related to physical changes. The manga did a better job with beerus using the technique, but then goku got all shiny and really acted as if was a transformation, which he pulled off with little trouble. The anime at least mentions that UI is also related to a state of mind, which makes sense, because you can't let your thoughts control your actions. And goku was put under gigantic pressure, in which the body does tend to react instinctively.

Then the anime screwed up with MUI being almost like ssj white (goku's fighting style had no change, and he got a power boost by rage).

So both did a poor job. I enjoyed the anime and it's fights, but the points I mentioned were poor decisions.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

While I actually like the Idea of UI being a martial arts technique rather than a transformation, the way it was done in the manga with Roshi is still bad. Honestly it would have been best if Roshi just gave him that little speech without any fight with Jiren. Maybe him showcasing that skill against a fodder trooper

Yeah this, well said. Whilst it can be said that Toyotaro making Ultra Instinct a martial arts technique over a power up transformation is a fresh storytelling mechanic, the way it was done in the manga was absolutely shoddy as it demeaned the antagonist, Jiren, and threw consistency to the wind. The anime kept Roshi up against lesser opponents and Frost which was a better way for Roshi to contribute than dodging hits from the mortal stronger than a God of Destruction.

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time manga started getting worse, I used to tell myself 'well, at least it is consistent'. I think I'm done here.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silvanus said:

Every time manga started getting worse, I used to tell myself 'well, at least it is consistent'. I think I'm done here.

Dragon Ball Super isn't so "Super" now is it?

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UI was always a martial arts technique,whatever Goku did was exclusive to him,no one even knows what it was except it allowed him to use UI.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The anime made it better with it's introduction in my opinion,they made it look really godlike and mysterious with how it was 1st conceived.

The manga made it look like a random ass hakai.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11466  Edited By MainJP

Gogeta's in the freakin' movie? He better be cool. LOL Xenoverse.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya evidence points towards Gogeta being in it. Hyped.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomar: better be mui gogeta or somethin higher cause ssj blue gogeta should be equal to ssj blue vegito while both should be weaker than anime kefla 2. Still Strongest forms in the Top tournament where trashing ui level characters. Broly better be stronger than mui gogeta if he faces Beerus, Frieza soldiers proply going to kill supreme kai's proply to get rit of Beerus and the other gods of destruction -_- lame very lame giving the gods a nonsical weakness.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: Everything you just said was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. He doesn’t need to be UI, Gogeta and Vegetto are not weaker than Kefla and Freeza soldiers aren’t killing JACK! Lmao.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp: what are you implying that merged Samusa is stronger than Jiren? i mean kefla 2 from anime is stronger than vegitto not kefla from manga.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
    hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp: what are you implying that merged Samusa is stronger than Jiren? i mean kefla 2 from anime is stronger than vegitto not kefla from manga.

copy that

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: Who’s Samusa? She isn’t stronger than Vegetto.

guleddos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

???????

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11475  Edited By Shenron007
    MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: Scathing. Still haven’t told me who this “Samusa” is either. LOLOL.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp said:

@shenron007: Who’s Samusa? She isn’t stronger than Vegetto.

Zamasu's sister. Duh.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11480  Edited By Shenron007

chapter 39: Korin:

Kami/Mr Popo:

King Kai:

The Yardrats:

All knew about ultra instinct it seems.

Saberian_Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Calling it now. Either in the Broly movie or in a revived Dragon Ball anime or even the continuation or DBS, Vegeta's gonna get the final kill on Frieza. Oh dear god, I can see this coming a mile off. Vegeta fanboys won't stop complaining that Vegeta didn't get the final kill on Frieza in ROF. And yeah, that was a waste of a potentially interesting idea. But it's history, and we have to deal with it. That time is passed. It happened years ago. That's interfering with the present now, however, and I think they just brought Frieza back and had him revived by Whis so that at some point Vegeta can pay him back for what he did to the Saiyans. I'm calling it. It wasn't enough they ruined Frost's character, which could have been a unique angle to explore, just so Vegeta could one-shot him and appease angry Vegeta fanboys. They just really want Vegeta to get that final kill. Ugh. Dear god, I hope someone Hakais him. When Frieza dies, I never want him to come back again. They've been milking the whole "Frieza is back!" cow since the 1990s, and that teat ran dry long before it became canonized. Just Hakai Frieza, and be done with it. I never want to see him again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Cumber > Kaioken SSJB Vegito

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trolliyana watching all the Z Movies and came to Fusion Reborn xD.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trolliyana watching all the Z Movies and came to Fusion Reborn xD.

?

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time I'm thinking manga can't get worse Toyo suprises me, goddamn it.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
    deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:

Every time I'm thinking manga can't get worse Toyo surprises me, goddamn it.

Lol. I didn't think the chapter was that bad this month. It was certainly better than the last. But hey, I'm a manga fanboy so what do I know.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The manga is a dumpster fire. It gets worst with each chapter and the ToP was multitudes better in the anime. People just wank the manga hard on the rare occasion it does something right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm... 17 said the oldest 2 were adopted.... does that mean.. his third son is legitimate?

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11490 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Wow. where did everyone go in the manga? I feel like there were still universes left in the last chapters and now all of a sudden we are down two the 2 universes.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manga is straight trash,poor Toppo he was completely wasted. :/

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11492 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Also isn't weird that no one ever comments on the fact that Vegeta refers to Goku as Kakarot?

I'm talking about the random tourney people they are facing. Like wouldn't people are show some confusing when Vegeta starts talking about "Kakarot" when they only know the mortal named Goku.

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. where did everyone go in the manga? I feel like there were still universes left in the last chapters and now all of a sudden we are down two the 2 universes.

Lmaooo I had the exact same thoughts, when they said it was just Jiren left and the rest of U7 I was pretty surprised.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who thought this chapter was alright? I didn't think GoD Toppo was a necessity, and everyone was pissed about 17's presence in the anime, but he simply self-destructed before playing a major role and it was confirmed that he stood no chance. Kefla matching Gohan made sense. Kefla being as powerful as she was in the anime didn't to a degree. Kefla reasonably speaking should be a little stronger than Vegito and that's it. Not fighting SSG/SSB characters and almost getting Jiren's attention.

If it wasn't for the pacing of the manga and the lack of other universes the manga would be fantastic compared to the anime.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11495  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@deathhero61:

I didn't hate this chapter compared to previos ones. Toppo was wasted though. I liked God Toppo

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@emperorthanos-: Agreed on both your points. Though compared with the previous two chapters, anything would look better than how Toyotaro chose to depict the ToP.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old comment, but Roshi's commentary was the highlight of that chapter. I loved it.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11498  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

So the new movie is going to adapt Dragon Ball Minus for it's origin Story. Don't really know how I feel about that since I didn't like Goku's origin story to be even further retconned to be like supermans.

Also I wonder what Bardock or any of the old Saiyan's reactions to saiyans teaming up with Frieza on equal footing. The TOP has made Frieza sort of a good guy but I expect that this movie will show us just how evil he is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos-: Frieza isn't a good guy, he's clearly going back to universal domination with his PTO. I think it's more or less that he's come to an understanding between Goku and crew and has decided to let it be for now.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11500 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos-: Frieza isn't a good guy, he's clearly going back to universal domination with his PTO. I think it's more or less that he's come to an understanding between Goku and crew and has decided to let it be for now.

I know thats what I said. They sort of made him good but this movie will set it back. Also there is all of 28 planets for him conquer lol. The rest are empty or got destroyed over the years.

I assume he likely has 26 under his control already. With Earth and Namek being to only exceptions.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.