Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

The Dragon Ball Super discussion thread

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10651  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@castiel_18 said:

I don't get why their giving an overrated character like 17 so many moments in the ToP when Gohan should've been given those moments instead smh.

I know. Fucking Hell. It should be Gohan or atleast Vegeta. Hell I would take Piccolo

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
    deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@oldkingthanos: By bringing him back, 17's "sacrifice" lost any meaningful significance. On top of that, why make 17 and Frieza last longer in the ToP than Vegeta, Piccolo, and Gohan. It's ridiculous. The writers are amping characters who don't deserve it and nerfing characters who don't deserve it.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fck it Where can i order Mr Roshi's glasses with those 3d projections haha.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

STOP. TROLLING.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10655  Edited By poeticwarrior

I'm ok with it not being Gohan. It's always Saiyan that gets the spotlight. In the finale, there's a Frieza race, a saiyan, and an android. Sacrifice means nothing in DB anyway as no one can actually die for real. They could just bring them back with the Dragon Balls. Still, I would have prefer Android 18 over Android 17. I just don't care about 17 at all.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daamn what happened at the very end of ep 131 preview? is goku jumping or falling? cause of Jiren's kiai attack?

benoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this episode was complete aids one, why the fuq did they bring 17 back!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
    deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wtf was that shit

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10659  Edited By Shenron007

@poeticwarrior: Nope Zeno's erasure is finale why haven't they revived trunks time line?

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean logically the humans should be useless. They are still weaker than first form Namek Frieza imo.

What was the point of having them there? It's not even like they're no-names, Kuririn and Tenshinhan have fans that want to actually see them do things. Can't even let them fight guys in their league ffs.

If they're just going to be one-shot fodder why not just replace them with Boo and Gotenks? Or buff them by having them train with Whis like everyone kept suggesting.

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior:

I agree. Except for 17's sacrifice. It was nice, it should've stayed that way. Earth's dragon balls probably can't bring someone that died in the world of void back (I guess).

But I think they should've kept frieza and piccolo. 17 really came out of nowhere and powerful as f. Piccolo's power up could easily be explained by merging with the 2 namekians.

It would be pretty cool that vegeta gave his energy so goku could fight, and frieza and piccolo would fight an exausted Jiren. Goku's greatest enemies from the past working together and alongside him and among themselves to save everyone they once tried to kill.

Well, whatever happened, people would have complained anyway.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10662  Edited By SuperGoku17

I hope people know that 17s death wasnt comfirmed and people just assumed it was. Just because someone sacrifices themselves doesnt mean they cant survive. Plenty of people have sacrificed themselves and lived.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
    deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp said:
    @alextheboss said:

I mean logically the humans should be useless. They are still weaker than first form Namek Frieza imo.

What was the point of having them there? It's not even like they're no-names, Kuririn and Tenshinhan have fans that want to actually see them do things. Can't even let them fight guys in their league ffs.

If they're just going to be one-shot fodder why not just replace them with Boo and Gotenks? Or buff them by having them train with Whis like everyone kept suggesting.

Toriyama was bored so he though, "why the hell should I put thought into this crap? I should be retired by now. Dammit alrigth then, Toei I need you and Toyotaro screw over Tien and Krillin. The manga should have them out quickly so as to avoid wasting time and my patience and the anime should make their suffering dragged out and abusive. I wanna see which hurts their fans more."

At the very very least Krillin didn't do any training in a long long time so its not like he worked hard and got stomped with a lot of hype. Still would have been nice to see him do more. And we don't even know if Tien was doing anything significant, although I doubt he wasn't training from time to time so he should have done better. But he got a really cool blast and in dragon ball that's all that matters.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so lost on Jiren right now....what's his character??

Is he an evil ***** who just wants strength?

Is he good person with justice?

This episode just seems to have went back and forth with that..

First it's

"All your friendships and trust and whatever can be erased!"

Then it's

"I'm sorry Goku that our fight has to end this way, you will be remembered in my memories."

....What...and before that, Jiren didn't even come across as such a **** either. So what gives here?

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10665  Edited By Shenron007

why did they changed Jiren into a generic anime villian 0_0 the way he was acting and talking in this episode way out of character 0_0

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku not defeating Jiren right there is utter horse shit, the ending is like as similar as the Black Arc when Goku luckily had a Zeno button, similar to when 17 somehow lucked out and survived the explosion. And yes, Jiren is a shitty character. All he has is power and precognition, that's all.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
    deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how Jiren becomes the relatively talkative one and Goku becomes the more quiet individual.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiren = ssj blue broly 4d confirmed euggh power of friendship 0_0

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icedemonzero: this goes out to all the Broly haters for his no personality claim they make, while he does have it in his different forms.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well shit.

First off I'm not mad at #17 return but they could atleast let Goku left out, he is not needed anymore and #17/Frieza duo against Jiren would be far better final battle.

Second, I don't like this whole Jiren character story, it's generic and dull, let it go away back to Disney and Fairy Tail.

Jiren: "Friends make you weak, you need to erase them to become stronger... so you can avenge them... or something"

Goku: "Nah friends give me power"

No! Stop it!

Whole Jiren plot got so bad after his shitty backstory was revealed.

Third, hope my boy Frieza is still gonna get that wish, I want my Omni King Frieza!

Atleast animation was crispy, it reminded me of BoG "I'm not gonna let you destroy my world" scene lol

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10671  Edited By Marshall_Long

Dbs just went Kingdom Hearts.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still have my doubt if Super Dragon Balls' power is stronger than Zeno as the Zamasu is immortal from the Super Dragon Balls to the point that Beerus couldn't destroy him, but Omni King is capable of erase Zamasu alongside the entire universe. Even if Frieze wishes to be the supreme being, I still wonder if he would be stronger than Zeno. Still, Emperor Frieza would be pretty interesting if it did happen, but there would be no way to defeat him unless it's via Zeno or they're somehow getting the Super Dragon Balls again. Instead of that, i would rather for them to explore the multiverse. I wanna see Goku and especially Vegeta visiting the planet Saiyan, the creator of the Super Dragon Balls. The backstory have a lot more potential than that boring poor excuse of a final boss.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a entertaining episode until Jiren tried to attack the audience...

They're just trying to hard make Jiren a villain now and also I felt like Goku didn't need that random power boost. It would have been nice if he overcame his limits by wanting to win more than Jiren did.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron: you hjt the nail on the head.

@wolfrazer: I guess he's bipolar?

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10675  Edited By MainJP
    @icedemonzero said:

Toriyama was bored so he though, "why the hell should I put thought into this crap? I should be retired by now. Dammit alrigth then, Toei I need you and Toyotaro screw over Tien and Krillin. The manga should have them out quickly so as to avoid wasting time and my patience and the anime should make their suffering dragged out and abusive. I wanna see which hurts their fans more."

At the very very least Krillin didn't do any training in a long long time so its not like he worked hard and got stomped with a lot of hype. Still would have been nice to see him do more. And we don't even know if Tien was doing anything significant, although I doubt he wasn't training from time to time so he should have done better. But he got a really cool blast and in dragon ball that's all that matters.

Fookin' hell. At least the anime gave Kuririn an ounce of respect by letting the little midget make a fool out of Gohan, going toe to toe with Goku, saving 18 and taking out some guys in the process before getting knocked off like a complete idiot, the manga just makes him look like a no-name mook.

Tenshinhan is just the Kikoho guy as expected, but at least it was effective in the anime for a brief moment. Ehhh... I dunno about Tenshinhan. He gets clowned extremely badly in the anime just by simply looking at someone funny it seems and he only does one move now, but at least he got to be his own meat shield and aid in the elimination of a guy who gave Gohan and Piccolo trouble. That was interesting to see I guess. I just thought that Toyotaro might do something different but instead, he gets clowned even harder. How is that even possible? How do you make this 3-eyed absolute punching bag look worse?

That's OVERKILL. Tenshinhan fans are DEAD and BURIED at this point holy shit.

ROSHI IS STILL THERE. What is up with the sudden Roshi love? I love the guy don't get me wrong but he didn't train with Popo, Kami and King Kai did he?

Anime > manga if you're an Earthling fan.

Comments really do look better in italics.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10676  Edited By Omega_kai

The episode was epic, sure the whole episode didn’t make sense but I could care less for Super’s writing now, I can’t believe some of you guys didn’t like the episode. At this point, you shouldn’t try to expect any coherence from Super. Just revel in the fan service and flashy fights and hope the next series and movie is substantially better.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp: if you noticed Manga is keeping everyone at DBZ consistency, While Toei is massively wanking characters to illogical power ups while shitting on DBZ fan favorites.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: I don't care about DEEBEEZEE consistency. BUFF EVERYONE or DON'T BOTHER WITH THEM.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Instead of that, i would rather for them to explore the multiverse. I wanna see Goku and especially Vegeta visiting the planet Saiyan, the creator of the Super Dragon Balls. The backstory have a lot more potential than that boring poor excuse of a final boss.

That sounds a bit to deep for this franchise.

@mainjp said:
    @alextheboss said:

I'm not the biggest fan of anime/manga power boosts, but if everyone else is getting them, why not throw the earthlings a kaioken or something?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10680  Edited By slimj87d

@mainjp: im not sure if Tien has fans :(

/s

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldkingthanos: By bringing him back, 17's "sacrifice" lost any meaningful significance. On top of that, why make 17 and Frieza last longer in the ToP than Vegeta, Piccolo, and Gohan. It's ridiculous. The writers are amping characters who don't deserve it and nerfing characters who don't deserve it.

17s death wasnt comfirmed..

I hope people know that 17s death wasnt comfirmed and people just assumed it was. Just because someone sacrifices themselves doesnt mean they cant survive. Plenty of people have sacrificed themselves and lived.

ElderElijah190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior:

The problem isn't really about the super dragon balls but zalama who created them,should be superior to zeno actually. We can't be sure though but if he's,then i don't see much reason why frieza couldn't just gain a power superior to zeno through that.

OT,i didn't actually expect what i was seeing from this episode,it doesn't actually make much sense with Goku and jiren's backstabbing plot and all. Let's see what's going to happen next epi,the only thing I'm anticipating for is frieza.

ashar810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10685  Edited By ashar810

@poeticwarrior said:

I still have my doubt if Super Dragon Balls' power is stronger than Zeno as the Zamasu is immortal from the Super Dragon Balls to the point that Beerus couldn't destroy him, but Omni King is capable of erase Zamasu alongside the entire universe. Even if Frieze wishes to be the supreme being, I still wonder if he would be stronger than Zeno. Still, Emperor Frieza would be pretty interesting if it did happen, but there would be no way to defeat him unless it's via Zeno or they're somehow getting the Super Dragon Balls again. Instead of that, i would rather for them to explore the multiverse. I wanna see Goku and especially Vegeta visiting the planet Saiyan, the creator of the Super Dragon Balls. The backstory have a lot more potential than that boring poor excuse of a final boss.

Merged Zamasu was actually mortal because he merged with Black Goku who was mortal. We don't really know whether Zeno can erase only Zamasu who was not merged with Black. I have a feeling Frieza's time to stay in the mortal world will run out and he will disappear or something. 17 surviving was BS, It was the only thing that annoyed me about the episode.

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get why their giving an overrated character like 17 so many moments in the ToP when Gohan should've been given those moments instead smh.

Nah, too predictable. I way prefer 17 being there

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashar810: he had the time ring so he is still immortal.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

bro, does anyone even still know how to sense energy? How the hell does no one know that Frieza or 17 is in the field.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10689  Edited By slimj87d

@LeonardoTMNT: yeah, Gohan had his biggest moment defeating Cell.

It's actually nice seeing 17 and Frieza fighting together. That has to be the most unpredictable thing they've done. Going back 20 years ago, I'd never think something like this would happen.

Both of these guys wanted to kill Goku at one point.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
    HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL Y'all dumb. If you don't see Zeno push the eliminate screen than that character is still in. Like someone said Y'all just assumed he died the show didn't tell you that.

I'm glad 17 is still in this tourny and basically carried universe 7 to success. It shakes up the formula (barely) in a way that not everything relies on Goku and Vegeta. Goku should've been eliminated though.

18 is more overrated than 17. She brings nothing to the table like ever!

Gohan was a dissapointment just waiting to happen. I knew not to get hype for this character. It wouldve been nice to see him last longer.

As for the others lol that wasn't happening. Killin, Roshi, and Tien were the obvious eliminations.

The last three should've been Vegeta, 17 and Frieza. The past villains end up saving the universe.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10691  Edited By Godren

Looks like they nerfed UI so Jiren doesn't go out like a bitch lol, Or maybe Jiren is just that powerful naturally and Goku can only compete with him for like 1-2minutes before his body destroys itself or something.

Edit- Well at least until Goku got really pissed off a destroyed him lol.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handofprometheus: hmm... We didn't see Zeno "push"the elimination screen when hit was put. It leads to a group of people thinking the real hit was hiding in his domain somewhere.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not only the animation was super spectacular but this episode defined who Goku truly is.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
    HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: True but we saw him teleport to the stands and the Grand Minister announced his knockout. Still confirmed his elimination and neither happened to 17.

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

bro, does anyone even still know how to sense energy? How the hell does no one know that Frieza or 17 is in the field.

17 can't be sensed

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

17 can't be sensed and Frieza knows how to hide his powers now due to mastering ki control. If you would've watched earlier DBZ you would know what hiding ki is.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10698  Edited By MainJP
    No Caption Provided

This tweet speaks to me. LOL.

No Caption Provided

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prob the best fight I ever witnessed in DB.

Interesting chart on Reddit.DB is pretty much carrying Toei and One Piece isn't that fair off to lol.And over 10,000 people showed up to see Ep.130 live screening in Ecuador I think.

No Caption Provided

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10700  Edited By jashugan

@thedeathstar: when did frieza learn to sense or hide his ki? where was it said that 17 can't be sensed?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.