The Dragon Ball Super discussion thread

Avatar image for queen_marceline
#6251 Posted by Queen_Marceline (6848 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, so either Ginyu has been Nail this entire time or Nail is about to get punk'd;

No Caption Provided

#6252 Posted by EmperorThanos (9676 posts) - - Show Bio

@queen_marceline: Which Ginyu is it though? I don't remember which universe was 8

Avatar image for queen_marceline
#6253 Posted by Queen_Marceline (6848 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos: That was the one were Frieza won in the Namek arc. Essentially after dealing with everyone before Goku could arrive, Goku picks up Nail and heads to Frieza's main planet to settle things.

#6254 Posted by DJudgment (137 posts) - - Show Bio

So... people complained about Super being the Goku and Vegeta show... now they are doing something with the rest of the cast, it may not make much sense, but at least they are making them relevant and now people is complaining...

I know the manga is going to handle things better, but for now could we just roll with it and enjoy the fights, or would you just prefer Goku one punching 17 in less than 3 seconds?

Only complain I have is Goku using the ssjBlue all the time... Toei doesn't show respect to that form, fighting 17 with SSj3 would have been enough.

This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6255 Posted by APEX_pretador (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon said:

So... people complained about Super being the Goku and Vegeta show... now they are doing something with the rest of the cast, it may not make much sense, but at least they are making them relevant and now people is complaining...

I know the manga is going to handle things better, but for now could we just roll with it and enjoy the fights, or would you just prefer Goku one punching 17 in less than 3 seconds?

Only complain I have is Goku using the ssjBlue all the time... Toei doesn't show respect to that form, fighting 17 with SSj3 would have been enough.

Manga has handled things way worse in the entire future trunks arc than the anime.

I doubt it is going to do any better in the next arc.

#6256 Posted by EmperorThanos (9676 posts) - - Show Bio

Well atleast fusion Zamasu in the manga seems a little more impressive than anime Zamasu.

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
#6257 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (303 posts) - - Show Bio

Well atleast fusion Zamasu in the manga seems a little more impressive than anime Zamasu.

Preach, and at least fused Zamasu totally stomped and blitzed ssj Blue Goku and Vegeta, so it looks like a real threat, not the weak clown that can be kicked out by Goku.

#6258 Edited by PurpleDeaDragon (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@djudgment said:
@purpledeadragon said:

Manga has handled things way worse in the entire future trunks arc than the anime.

I doubt it is going to do any better in the next arc.

Like HOW man? for real?

#6259 Posted by APEX_pretador (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon:

1. SS2 Future trunks > SS3 Goku >> SS2 Goku = SS2 Vegeta >> Super Saiyan Goku-Black >> Base Black >> SS2 Future trunks
  2. SS Black was manhandling SSB Vegeta after zenkai, but then he gets another Zenkai and a transformation, but Vegeta trains in ROSAT to gain SSG (much weaker than blue), and he is manhandling black by flip-flopping between rose and blue.
  3. SSB Goku (heavily weakened, out of energy) >= Merged Zamasu >>> SSR Black >>> SS Black >> SS Black (before Zenkai) > SSB Vegeta (pre ROSAT) = Full power SSB Goku
  4. Base vegetto is somehow able to tear limbs of Merged Zamasu, even though base goku/vegeta are weaker than piccolo.

#6260 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon:

1. SS2 Future trunks > SS3 Goku >> SS2 Goku = SS2 Vegeta >> Super Saiyan Goku-Black >> Base Black >> SS2 Future trunks.

-ssj2 Trunks was not stronger than ssj3 Goku, it was close, but not as powerful, and how are you that sure that ssj2 Goku is equal to ssj2 Vegeta? specially when Vegeta was shown training with Trunks before going back to the future.

2. SS Black was manhandling SSB Vegeta after zenkai, but then he gets another Zenkai and a transformation, but Vegeta trains in ROSAT to gain SSG (much weaker than blue), and he is manhandling black by flip-flopping between rose and blue.

-That was actually explained in the manga, and it makes sense, he is able to increase the ssj Blue power by only using it in short bursts to save energy, it is actually a much interesting and imaginative strategy than just "he trained really hard so he is stronger now".

3. SSB Goku (heavily weakened, out of energy) >= Merged Zamasu >>> SSR Black >>> SS Black >> SS Black (before Zenkai) > SSB Vegeta (pre ROSAT) = Full power SSB Goku.

-eh? sorry but ssj Blue Goku got stomped by merged Zamasu in the manga, it was the anime where Goku and Vegeta were giving trouble to merged Zamasu, who should be way above them, the example you gave above is actually the messed up powerscale of the anime.

4. Base vegetto is somehow able to tear limbs of Merged Zamasu, even though base goku/vegeta are weaker than piccolo.

-The hell are you talking about here? base Vegetto only landed one attack on Zamasu, and it was an energy attack, Vegetto Blue was the one who cut Zamasu's hands. Also, Base ssj Blue Vegetto was totally stomping Zamasu, so it is not that weird that base Vegetto could land a hit on Zamasu who was not expecting that attack.

#6261 Posted by APEX_pretador (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador said:

@purpledeadragon:

1. SS2 Future trunks > SS3 Goku >> SS2 Goku = SS2 Vegeta >> Super Saiyan Goku-Black >> Base Black >> SS2 Future trunks.

-ssj2 Trunks was not stronger than ssj3 Goku, it was close, but not as powerful, and how are you that sure that ssj2 Goku is equal to ssj2 Vegeta? specially when Vegeta was shown training with Trunks before going back to the future.

-That was actually explained in the manga, and it makes sense, he is able to increase the ssj Blue power by only using it in short bursts to save energy, it is actually a much interesting and imaginative strategy than just "he trained really hard so he is stronger now".

3. SSB Goku (heavily weakened, out of energy) >= Merged Zamasu >>> SSR Black >>> SS Black >> SS Black (before Zenkai) > SSB Vegeta (pre ROSAT) = Full power SSB Goku.

-eh? sorry but ssj Blue Goku got stomped by merged Zamasu in the manga, it was the anime where Goku and Vegeta were giving trouble to merged Zamasu, who should be way above them, the example you gave above is actually the messed up powerscale of the anime.

-The hell are you talking about here? base Vegetto only landed one attack on Zamasu, and it was an energy attack, Vegetto Blue was the one who cut Zamasu's hands. Also, Base ssj Blue Vegetto was totally stomping Zamasu, so it is not that weird that base Vegetto could land a hit on Zamasu who was not expecting that attack.

1. If you are suggesting that vegeta is absurdly more powerful than Goku, then you are wrong. They were treated as equals by fuzed zamasu. Infact, Goku did better despite being more weakened.
  2. So he is still far, far weaker than even regular SS Black, and by using a weaker form continuously, he is able to dominate SSR Black? How?
  3. Blue Goku tore a massive hole through merged Zamasu.
  4. Base vegetto, formed after near-dead goku and vegeta fused, and one blast from him tears apart zamasu's arm completely.
#6262 Edited by PurpleDeaDragon (303 posts) - - Show Bio

1. If you are suggesting that vegeta is absurdly more powerful than Goku, then you are wrong. They were treated as equals by fuzed zamasu. Infact, Goku did better despite being more weakened.
  2. So he is still far, far weaker than even regular SS Black, and by using a weaker form continuously, he is able to dominate SSR Black? How?
  3. Blue Goku tore a massive hole through merged Zamasu.
  4. Base vegetto, formed after near-dead goku and vegeta fused, and one blast from him tears apart zamasu's arm completely.

1-I am not suggesting that, what I am saying is that it is possible for ssj2 Vegeta to be superior to ssj2 Goku, seeing as he trained with Trunks before going back to the future, don't talk like it is impossible seeing Vegeta surpassing Goku's power in battle of gods, even if it was temporally.

2-to quote Goku.

He is not dominating Black using ssj God, he is hitting him using ssj Blue and dodging using ssj Blue on short bursts.
He is not dominating Black using ssj God, he is hitting him using ssj Blue and dodging using ssj Blue on short bursts.

3. Yeah, a hole, that got healed instantly, while smiling and mocking Goku, have you thought of the possibility that Zamasu was letting Goku hit him with that Kame Hame Ha just to make fun of how pointless it is? besides, still not as incredible as Goku fighting, overpowering and hurting fused Zamasu in the anime, to the point he broke his light Halo and everything.

4. And that is a problem why? you don't know how powerful is Vegetto now, the potara fusion is more powerful than the regular fusion and in old Kai's words, the fusion is even stronger if it is performed by rivals. Also, near death? are you sure you read the manga? because they were not that hurt. certainly not near death as you said.

No Caption Provided

I would list all the power inconsistencies in the anime, but that would take me all day, and I have to prepare for work soon.

#6263 Posted by APEX_pretador (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon:

1. It will be far-fetched to say goku is massively inferior to vegeta. SS2 trunks was almost equal, barely superior to SS3 Goku, and worthless to base black. Even after training, SS2 trunks was deemed worthless against base black. So, the chain is

SS2 vegeta >> SS Black >> Base black >> SS2 trunks (trained) >> SS2 trunks (past) >= SS3 oku >>> SS2 Goku

Or in other words, SS2 Vegeta is leagues and leagues beyond SS2 goku.

2. I know that. Vegeta's blue was losing against regular super saiyan black even before his final zenkai. After his final Zenkai, it became SSR Black >> SS Black >> SSB vegeta, and still SSB vegeta was dominating black (by switching to SSG when he did not attack).

So, how does he beat a massively stronger opponent? He uses a weaker form in combination with blue.

3. A hole blown through him. It will obviously heal instantly because he is immortal. But since he is supposed to be far above SSR black, do you think that goku with no energy left could blow a hole through SSR Black? When even before his final zenkai he was beating blue vegeta in regular super saiyan.

If not for the healing, he would be DEAD.

4. I don't think you realize.

Base Goku/vegeta = barely piccolo level.

Base vegetto = blowing apart merged zamasu with ease while depowered

#6264 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (303 posts) - - Show Bio

1- Again, Full power ssj2 Trunks was not stronger than ssj 3 Goku, it was close, not equal and not superior.

No Caption Provided

And again, I am saying it is possible for Vegeta ssj 2 being more powerful than Goku ssj 2, while still not being as strong as his ssj 3, then, after training with Trunks, while Goku was resting, it is possible for Vegeta to get as strong or sightly stronger than ssj 3 Goku, which he did before while fighting Beerus after he hit Bulma, which happened even in the anime, so you know it is not impossible.

2. Again, by saving energy and using the ssj Blue in short bursts it increases its power as Goku explained, so it is much more powerful than the ssj Blue that Vegeta used before training in the time chamber.

3. I say we wait for the English translation, and then we can discuss if he was letting Goku connect that attack or not.

4. I know base Goku is around Piccolo in his strongest, but what we do not know for sure is exactly how much power can give the potara fusion to Goku and Vegetta, it could still make them more powerful than a ssj Blue in base, it is possible considering how his transformation in Blue made fused Zamasu look like nothing.

Now, I gotta go, I need to prepare for work, but you will have to admit the anime has far more power scale inconsistencies than the manga, that is a fact.

#6265 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: Sorry, I forgot to tag you, I have some minutes, so I will now tell you some of the power inconsistencies in the Dragon Ball Super anime regarding the Future Trunks Arc.

1- Base Black was beating the crap out of ssj 2 Trunks and he had to run away for his life.

Loading Video...

Some episodes after that, ssj 2 Trunks is fighting and holding up ssj Rosé Black, the guy who in base was no selling ssj Blue Vegeta's attacks.

Loading Video...

Also, Zamasu, who was weaker than a ssj2 in the anime, after gaining immortality is able to fight ssj Blue Goku, does that power jump makes sense for you?

Loading Video...

Now, after training in the time chamber, Vegeta got much more powerful, to the point where he was stomping ssj Rosé Black, Goku didn't train, he used that time to learn the Mafuba, and some episodes later we have Goku causing damage and fighting fused Zamasu when he shouldn't even be close to Black after his rage amp that kicked Post training ssj Blue Vegeta. Hell, he even over powered fused Zamasu's attack.

Loading Video...

Now, fused Zamasu, the combination of a ssj Level Zamasu with immortality and the guy who was stomping ssj Blue Vegeta post training, was having troubles with Goku, but Trunks, who skipped a few tiers with his new transformation was able to fight with the guy, who was fighting a super saiyan Blue Vegetto.

To be honest, I could go on and on, but I have to take lunch and go to work, I don't know how you could even imply the Anime has better power scaling.

#6266 Posted by APEX_pretador (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon:

And again, I am saying it is possible for Vegeta ssj 2 being more powerful than Goku ssj 2, while still not being as strong as his ssj 3, then, after training with Trunks, while Goku was resting, it is possible for Vegeta to get as strong or sightly stronger than ssj 3 Goku, which he did before while fighting Beerus after he hit Bulma, which happened even in the anime, so you know it is not impossible.

2. Again, by saving energy and using the ssj Blue in short bursts it increases its power as Goku explained, so it is much more powerful than the ssj Blue that Vegeta used before training in the time chamber.

3. I say we wait for the English translation, and then we can discuss if he was letting Goku connect that attack or not.

4. I know base Goku is around Piccolo in his strongest, but what we do not know for sure is exactly how much power can give the potara fusion to Goku and Vegetta, it could still make them more powerful than a ssj Blue in base, it is possible considering how his transformation in Blue made fused Zamasu look like nothing.

1. Even after training, SS2 trunks was noted to be below base black, and even by your own words, since SS2 trunks was "very close" to SS3 goku, by training, he should have surpassed SS3 Goku. Now, that puts base goku black well above SS3 goku. SS2 vegeta was slapping around SUPER SAIYAN Goku Black.
  2. Again, switching between red and blue does not increase power, and the small energy saved does not compensate for the absurd power gap which allowed black in a weaker transformation and before final zenkai to match vegeta easily.
    I'd give you an example: Buuhan outclasses SS3 goku, so goku uses SS2 and SS3, and totally outclasses buuhan. Does that feel right?
  3. English translation is out, and he was not "letting him hit" himself. And again, this is not about tagging, this is about blowing a hole through him. If defeated, without energy goku just blew a hole through merged zamasu, he could totally have one-shotted black without even trying.
  4. SS Goku/Vegeta were stronger than piccolo in buu arc, still their fusion was only Super vegetto. Now, they are weaker than piccolo and their fusion is blowing apart fused zamasu when weak?

@apex_pretador: Sorry, I forgot to tag you, I have some minutes, so I will now tell you some of the power inconsistencies in the Dragon Ball Super anime regarding the Future Trunks Arc.

I never said Anime wasn't inconsistent. My entire point is to debunk the incorrect theory of "Manga is perfect in every way".

1- Base Black was beating the crap out of ssj 2 Trunks and he had to run away for his life.

SS1 Trunks, not SS2 trunks. And how is this bad, when base Black was equal to SS2 Goku (above SS2 trunks in anime) ?

Some episodes after that, ssj 2 Trunks is fighting and holding up ssj Rosé Black, the guy who in base was no selling ssj Blue Vegeta's attacks.

He was not no-selling vegeta's attacks. He was clearly getting hurt by vegeta blue's attacks (who was toying around) in base.

And Trunks trained with Vegeta for signififant time, and was rage-boosted. He was still losing while black was toying.

Also, Zamasu, who was weaker than a ssj2 in the anime, after gaining immortality is able to fight ssj Blue Goku, does that power jump makes sense for you?

Zamasu was stated by Goku to have massive potential to be a rival to Beerus. Also, that zamasu was 17 years from future, so him becoming strong in 17 years is not far fetched.

Plus, he was still not on SSB level, he was clearly weaker and was doing well mostly because of immortality.

Now, after training in the time chamber, Vegeta got much more powerful, to the point where he was stomping ssj Rosé Black, Goku didn't train, he used that time to learn the Mafuba, and some episodes later we have Goku causing damage and fighting fused Zamasu when he shouldn't even be close to Black after his rage amp that kicked Post training ssj Blue Vegeta. Hell, he even over powered fused Zamasu's attack.

Vegeta did not get "much" more powerful. Black was only slightly more powerful than SSB goku or vegeta. The first time, he took out vegeta quickly due to getting a lucky ki blade in, while goku was holding his own, and he and zamasu ganged up on goku.

And him overpowering a barely trying fused zamasu and zamasu no-selling his kamehameha is better than him blowing a hole through zamasu.

Now, fused Zamasu, the combination of a ssj Level Zamasu with immortality and the guy who was stomping ssj Blue Vegeta post training, was having troubles with Goku, but Trunks, who skipped a few tiers with his new transformation was able to fight with the guy, who was fighting a super saiyan Blue Vegetto.

He was not having any trouble with goku. oku with an unknown level of kaioken was only able to break the Halo, not blow holes through him when weakened.

Zamasu was worn down by vegetto to the point he was nearly splitting in half, and trunks was amped by spirit bomb ki sword with powers of Goku and co.

To be honest, I could go on and on, but I have to take lunch and go to work, I don't know how you could even imply the Anime has better power scaling.

I don't have any time and I am still typing all this nonsense. Please don't go on. I wont be able to continue with this.

#6267 Posted by jaycool2 (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

Really liked that manga chapter. Seeing the metal blocks in action after so long was really cool. The halo would have been a good edition but can't always get what you want.

#6268 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: I am at work no, so I won't reply for a while. But I never said the manga was flawless, just that it is more consistent that the anime.

#6269 Edited by Nomar (1355 posts) - - Show Bio

Another episode that proves how bad the writing and power scaling in DBS is. This episode made both Goku and 17 seems super slow. Also that scene with the detonator gave me a bad feeling of déjà vu and then it hit me.

Loading Video...

At 2 and a half minutes in. Also Goku getting sucked into space when we've scene people like Frieza just stand perfectly still. DBS is just terrible and some of you can't admit it because the alternative scares you.

#6270 Posted by jaycool2 (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. Goku talking about what grandpa gohan taught him was cool imo.

#6271 Posted by jaycool2 (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

Next episode gonna be awesome

#6272 Posted by Mike_Fowler (3999 posts) - - Show Bio
#6273 Posted by EdBeatle (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or does it seems that Goku needs SSB or at least SSG to breathe in space? Or maybe he just went SSB for the sakes doing so, I dunno.

#6274 Posted by Toratorn (3099 posts) - - Show Bio

@nomar: of all the favours to choose... why did you chose to be salty?

#6275 Edited by Gaoron (2044 posts) - - Show Bio

"Im gonna win the tournament and wish for a boat" - #17

@nomar: Its hilarious cause this scene u showed is PIS and bad writing too. Oh the irony.

#6276 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

@edbeatle said:

Is it just me or does it seems that Goku needs SSB or at least SSG to breathe in space? Or maybe he just went SSB for the sakes doing so, I dunno.

Goku needs SSB to go for a walk

#6277 Edited by Shouvik89 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

DB Super just feels broken, both in terms of power levels and consistency. Then there's the sub-par animation that frequently shows up. I personally think as of now, DB Super is mostly wasted potential, unless the universal arc really turn things around.

#6278 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

@shouvik89: The universal arc started with the left foot, and then took a walk in that direction. It will be really hard for it to be a good arc after suck an awful beginning.

#6279 Posted by Shouvik89 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, but for me, it still has a teeny bit of hope, with all the new characters like female Broly, Jiren. We'll see.

The future Trunks arc had so much promise but thanks to the rushed finale and the underwhelming portrayal of Vegito, they really lost it there. Back when DB Super was first announced, I thought this will be one for the history books, I mean they had to have some really great idea to create a whole new continuation of an iconic anime like DBZ. But after 87 episodes, that excitement has almost gone.

#6280 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (303 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, but for me, it still has a teeny bit of hope, with all the new characters like female Broly, Jiren. We'll see.

The future Trunks arc had so much promise but thanks to the rushed finale and the underwhelming portrayal of Vegito, they really lost it there. Back when DB Super was first announced, I thought this will be one for the history books, I mean they had to have some really great idea to create a whole new continuation of an iconic anime like DBZ. But after 87 episodes, that excitement has almost gone.

Go with the manga, at least it doesn't disappoint like the anime. I wish they animate the manga into OVAs in the future... a man can dream...

#6281 Posted by Shouvik89 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon: Yeah the manga is much better than the anime, I am following it as well. Vegito was far more badass and faithful to his DBZ incarnation in the manga, just like he should.

#6282 Posted by Shouvik89 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon: I also liked the part where Supreme Kai states that SSB Vegito is maybe on par with Beerus, which I personally believe he should be. Most folks believe that Vegito is lower than Beerus in the power-chain but if there's someone other than Whis who can beat him, it's Vegito for me. Beerus is crazy powerful but he's not invincible and the main theme of DB has always been pushing the limits of power and surpassing opponents.

#6283 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon: I also liked the part where Supreme Kai states that SSB Vegito is maybe on par with Beerus, which I personally believe he should be. Most folks believe that Vegito is lower than Beerus in the power-chain but if there's someone other than Whis who can beat him, it's Vegito for me. Beerus is crazy powerful but he's not invincible and the main theme of DB has always been pushing the limits of power and surpassing opponents.

I don't really trust Shin's words, I would say they are evenly match, but Beerus still has more experience and his Hakai could be dangerous for Vegetto.

#6284 Posted by Shouvik89 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yes, I forgot about Beerus' hax. That would really make it unfair for Vegito.

#6285 Edited by PurpleDeaDragon (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@shouvik89 said:

Oh yes, I forgot about Beerus' hax. That would really make it unfair for Vegito.

Beerus's dancing skills would only make it a stomp.

No Caption Provided
Loading Video...

#6286 Posted by Aimless (1910 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah it's Piccolo time!

#6287 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

@aimless said:

Oh yeah it's Piccolo time!

I just want this phase to end so I can erase it from my mind

#6288 Posted by Mike_Fowler (3999 posts) - - Show Bio

@shouvik89: uh, what is the difference between vegetto in the anime and the manga?

#6289 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (303 posts) - - Show Bio
#6290 Edited by Mike_Fowler (3999 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon: uh, they're both the same? Power wise

The actual difference is zamasu is more powerful in the anime with his light of justice technique (and even then, Vegetto held a clear advantage and was still mocking zamasu)

#6291 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon: uh, they're both the same? Power wise

-Not really, one was totally stomping Zamasu, the other one was winning the fight but taking hits.

The actual difference is zamasu is more powerful in the anime with his light of justice technique (and even then, Vegetto held a clear advantage and was still mocking zamasu)

-No, in the anime he can be overpowered by Goku, who was even able to destroy his light Halo thing, in the Manga fused Zamasu totally blitzed and stomped Goku and Vegeta.

#6292 Edited by Mike_Fowler (3999 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon:

Yes really, again, he grew more powerful the more he called upon the "light of justice" that's the only reason he was able to contend with vegetto

Anime Vegetto = Manga Vegetto (possibly even stronger considering Merged Zamasu is more or less stated to be above Beerus unlike the manga that leaves it a little more debateable)

Anime MZ > Manga MZ

Yes, in the anime, he stopped both Goku and Vegeta with one hand each and proceeded to crush their fists effortlessly.

A) Goku's Kamehameha pierced through zamasu's blast, followed by Zamasu's blast blowing up in his face, it didn't overpower it like the father-son galik gun did

B) Zamasu proceeded to power up after the halo was broken

#6293 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon:

Yes really, again, he grew more powerful the more he called upon the "light of justice" that's the only reason he was able to contend with vegetto.

-And yet, Future Trunks was able to match him in the end, when Future Trunks should not be anywhere close to SSJ Blue Goku or Vegeta, much less Vegetto.

Anime Vegetto = Manga Vegetto (possibly even stronger considering Merged Zamasu is more or less stated to be above Beerus unlike the manga that leaves it a little more debateable)

-Where was stated he was stronger than Beerus?

Anime MZ > Manga MZ

-What is MZ?

Yes, in the anime, he stopped both Goku and Vegeta with one hand each and proceeded to crush their fists effortlessly.

-In the manga he blitzed them, then stomped them, and was dodging all of their attacks with ease.

A) Goku's Kamehameha pierced through zamasu's blast, followed by Zamasu's blast blowing up in his face, it didn't overpower it like the father-son galik gun did.

-If the Kamehame Ha was able to pierce the attack that already shows it overpowered.

B) Zamasu proceeded to power up after the halo was broken.

-Power Up? show it.

Did you really read the manga? where fused Zamasu was unable to even land a hit on Vegetto? and was being humiliated by him?

#6294 Posted by Mike_Fowler (3999 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon:

An amped future Trunks that was taking on a zamasu that was literally said by vegetto to have lost his speed, and was deteriorating as time went on.

When Merged Zamasu appears, not only does vegeta state that he's above anything they've sensed so far (putting him above at least suppressed beerus) the kaioshins state that he's far beyond anything they understand

In the anime, he didn't even have to move, he just blocked everything they had to offer (before the father-son Galick gun)

If it was overpowered, it would've been pushed back like the galick gun did, it went straight through it. Overall, it didn't make much sense, but it tried to give a reason for it

Show it? You remember Zamasu's jacked up arm? It got like that when he powered up (after he yells SON GOKUHHHHH)

https://youtu.be/nAZyiZVTUFA

#6295 Posted by LE0NHART (2059 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this translation legit?

No Caption Provided

#6296 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (18151 posts) - - Show Bio

@le0nhart: I don't think so. VIZ and Herms translated it differently.

#6297 Posted by DeathHero61 (13908 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really, asides from being able to generate cubes of Katchin(which is pretty boring, I was expecting him to be able create constructs with it or something) everything he did in the recent chapter is stuff DBZ characters SHOULD have been doing for ages. This is kind of why i am starting to hate Super, and missing Z. Dragon Ball Z had creative fight scenes. And them being hand drawn really helps with the quality.

Also the stupid crap coming out of shin's mouth about Vegetto being stronger than Beerus? The forums and the DB fanbase is going to go insane now just off that one statement.

#6298 Posted by DeathHero61 (13908 posts) - - Show Bio

@nomar said:

Another episode that proves how bad the writing and power scaling in DBS is. This episode made both Goku and 17 seems super slow. Also that scene with the detonator gave me a bad feeling of déjà vu and then it hit me.

Loading Video...

At 2 and a half minutes in. Also Goku getting sucked into space when we've scene people like Frieza just stand perfectly still. DBS is just terrible and some of you can't admit it because the alternative scares you.

Everybody knows DBS is terrible but there are good things about it as well that are huge improvements for the series.

Also Akira seems to forget that most of the cast HAVE SUPERPOWERS WHICH INCLUDE SUPERHUMAN speed. Even if Dragon Ball characters were only Mach 1, that would be enough to do what we see above in that video. It seems that everyone forgets they have super speed, or telekinesis, or for people like Goku, teleportation......

The logic in Dragon Ball Super's writing really bugs me.

#6299 Posted by jaycool2 (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Toyotaro gets more of a chance to make his own stories after he's done with super. Aside from DBAF(which I haven't finished) I don't know how he is as a writer. I know toriyama thinks that it's better if he gives the main plot and Toyo and Toei expand on it, but I would like to see more from toyable.

#6300 Posted by jaycool2 (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

Toriyama really hates heroic/intellegent goku. Good for him and me.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.