Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

State your opinion on the db battle rules

• 84 results
    Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So let me ask this. Once the new series come out, if the rumors are true

Goku is going to fight a being as strong as the grand priest who wields tons of hacks and is probably going to me multi universal

Who is there going to be to put Goku up against anymore?

Because by then he’s going to be able to body most ss characters pretty badly

He’d have hax or at least extreme hax immunity and dc out the ass. Along with being so fast whis would look like he’s in slow motion to him..

As Goku gets stronger as the series goes on we are left with less and less matchups because he just will be too strong.

Dc/Maeve etc are going to be some of the only sources of fair matchups for Goku and others when thy reach that level.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^^Nice Fanmade.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a fan of restrictions. If people can't debate without flaming they shouldn't be debating.

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galactic_1000: it likely is all fan made but it got the fan base going for a bit.

Mixed opinions on whether they wanted Goku to be that strong etc

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scotchbear:

Goku is going to fight a being as strong as the grand priest who wields tons of hacks and is probably going to me multi universal

Even if he becomes as strong as the Grand Priest, which in itself seems extremely unlikely, even through a temporary boost like MUI, it's not going to make a difference. Most SS characters are simply too fast and haxed for anyone in DB to deal with. CV is among the only forum where a select few users try to argue against this and they usually lack sufficient knowledge outside of DB, making them easy targets for anyone who knows a thing or two about both series'.

He’d have hax or at least extreme hax immunity and dc out the ass. Along with being so fast whis would look like he’s in slow motion to him..

As Goku gets stronger as the series goes on we are left with less and less matchups because he just will be too strong.

Dc/Maeve etc are going to be some of the only sources of fair matchups for Goku and others when thy reach that level.

...There are still plenty of universes out there that would be more than just a fair matchup for Goku. I highly doubt anything in the new movie is going to put him well above the likes of Darsh Seiya or TTGL. If anything, those matches may become less one-sided and somewhat debatable.

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: not the movie. The new series rumors say Goku is going to become “divine” Goku and fight someone who is butchering GoDs and is the same level as the grand priest.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scotchbear: he allready became devine in battle of gods lol, lets see if he show boats feats rather than statements. did jiren fly from universe 11 to universe 7 without spaceship in manga? if mui goku gets to be stronger than manga jiren than @tdp loses his light sped arguments he wanks for seiya verse lol.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@shenron007: If you're going whine over an argument I made rather than attempt to debunk it, maybe try using the correct tag in the future. Reading through the usual balderdash you disgorge on these forums is always entertain at least, even if it's bound to be devoid of coherency or substance.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a fan of restrictions. If people can't debate without flaming they shouldn't be debating.

100% this

Wassely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wassely: because the plot of db isn’t something that you can really discuss

“Yep Goku got stronger and beat the bad guy”

“Yup”

The same could be said about any other series like superman, Kami tenchi, guren lagann, medaka box....Etc

But dragon ball is not just about goku, the others count too. Goku had lost more battle than he had won (if you forget the TOP arc)

-Goku vs Yamcha: Lost

-Goku vs Jackie chu: Lost

-Goku vs General blue: Lost

-Goku vs Tambourine: Lost

-Goku vs King piccolo 1 st battle: Lost

-Goku vs tenshinhan 1 st battle : Lost

-Goku vs Tao pai pai 1 st battle: Lost

-Goku vs Raditz: Lost

-Goku vs Vegeta: Lost

-Goku vs Ginyu: Lost

-Goku vs Cyborg 19: Lost

-Goku vs Cell: Lost

-Goku vs Cell Jr: Lost

-Goku vs Majin Vegeta: Lost

-Goku vs Buutenks: Lost

-Goku vs Buuhan: Lost

-Goku vs kid Buu: Lost

-Goku vs Beerus: Lost

-Goku vs whis: Lost

-Goku vs Golden Frieza: Lost

-Goku vs Frost: Lost

-Goku vs Hit: Lost

-Goku vs Black Goku: Lost

-Goku vs Black Zamasu: Lost

It’s much more popular to discuss the forms themselves, and the powers the characters possess than the actual plot of db.

Yeah and that's what's sad about it since dragon ball is not just about power, it's about a young kid who travels across the world to define himself and as he grow he become more responsible and will try to protect his world.

Discussing the strentgh of a character is more appropriate for series like Popeye and One punch man

And the plot does get discussed when interesting things happen. The black Goku saga had tons of speculation on what would happen, who black was, etc. so when a good story is presented fans will discuss it

I know and for once i was happy with the dragon ball community, people used to give a lot of crazy theories like:

-Black goku is goten

-How did goku survive in trunks timeline

-Why does trunks have blue hair, lol.

..etc

I personally wasn't there when the war between Dragon ball fans and comic fans started, but with a few research, i was surprised to find that the dragon ball community used to provoke other communities in non-related dragon ball topics and Forums like:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/supermans-trump-card-instant-lobotomy-1718542/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/superman-165/supermans-powers-list-412742/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/superman-cant-compete-with-goku-please-read-1643213/

..etc

But time has passed and i suppose that old dragon ball fans from comicvine have matured so I think we should give dragon ball fans another chance, since the mods of vsbattles are also considering it:

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:1389376

But from what i saw, there are still agressive dragon ball fans in comicvine that i won't name.

Wassely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Wassely

@scotchbear

Most dragon ball and comic thread were banned because of the dragon ball fans exagerration and "Wanking"

@scotchbear said:

See what i mean?

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wassely: it’s just logical conclusions

The grand priest could absolutely body whis

Whis could absolutely body Beerus casually

If Goku fights evenly with someone on the rand priests level he’d be multi universal..

Beerus himself is universal

Toriyama himself has been stated to be focusing on fan service for the new movie, it’s presuemd it’ll be like that for the new series

Fan service=Goku wanking

Wassely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Wassely

@scotchbear said:

@wassely: it’s just logical conclusions

The grand priest could absolutely body whis

Whis could absolutely body Beerus casually

If Goku fights evenly with someone on the rand priests level he’d be multi universal..

Beerus himself is universal

Toriyama himself has been stated to be focusing on fan service for the new movie, it’s presuemd it’ll be like that for the new series

Fan service=Goku wanking

Soooooooo, it has no basis. And i wasn't talking about the rumor i was talking about the huge exagerration that you just made. The "Not a single other anime character can beat goku so bring comic characters".

And you know what Mulversal means, right? Multiversal means you can bust more than 1000 universes at once. DBS has only 12 universes so it's unlikely that anybody can be more than universal+ in dbs. For more informations about tiering, please refer to this website : http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Tiering_System

And no Beerus is not universal.

And about the fanservice, IMO i think goku is going to meet and fight his father, because fans have been worried about it for a long time, now.

Dragon ball fans wanted 4 things:

-Female super saiyan. They got it

-The return of Frieza. They got it

-Broly. They got it............Though, not the way they wanted

-And finally, bardock. So i think that bardock, or atleast another son of bardock from the past, will appear in the movie.

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wassely: I said multi universal not multiversal

They are different

And yes Beerus is universal

You claim I’m exaggerating and wanking

Yet you are downplaying Beerus, who even on comicvine is pretty accepted as universal.

Double standard much?

Very few people care about bardock...

Fan service people really want

Goku to be super strong, like ridiculously strong

Db characters to have hax and hax resistance

Feats

Most fans want that’s stuff

Most fans actually disliked Frieza coming back, most fans hated fembroly, bardock is dead, most fans hated the female saiyans

Most fans loved Gokus op feat moments

Lordragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want to discuss dragon vs comics go to other forums like Obd,spacebattles, killermovies and mileniumforums. Comicvine also downplays a lot of accepted dragons ball feats aceppted everywhere else.

aqmatlatsuji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By aqmatlatsuji

No it not fair, if they were fair they would have a D.C. vs Other ban. The D.C. fanbase is the worst in my opinion and have cause a lot of flame wars themselves. They believe every other work of fiction is a rip-off of D.C. All Batman battle thread end with Batman winning with prep. There people that believe Batman>Mr. Freeze>Sub-zero. All Flash battle thread end with him speedblitzing everyone.

All Superman battle thread goes like this:

1.Superman is too weak by himself so they use a compilation of his different version.

2.Superman(compilation) is stronger, faster, smarter than any other fictional character and he solo all their universes.

3.Superman is too weak to win a straight-up fight so he always has to sun-dipped or throw his opponent into space, the sun, a blackhole, or travel back in time defeating them when they're kids.

4.Superman can do the impossible: like lifting eternality(time) and infinity(space) which are never use to measure weight, being immune to kryptonite, being immune to the god-like dream powers of Freddy Kruger, punching Discord whom is immune to physical pain, defeating Kizaru(one piece, a being literally made of light), or not having his stored solar power be drained by Godzilla(a kaiju that can absorb all radiations).

5.Use misinformation on Superman feat: the sneeze(involuntary body response) that suppose to have destroy a universe, galaxy, or a solar system(don't mention it happen because Superman snorted sneezing powder that Mr. Mxyzptlk made magically appear over Metropolis), tanked fifty supernova(don't mention that he barely outran an explosion said to be fifty time the Kepler supernova). Use his heat vision to repaired a rip in the fabric of space/time(don't mention that Orion/Mother Box use their godly power to do it, Superman's heat vision was just a catalyst they use). He lift eternity and infinity(don't mention that eternity refer to Spectre's cosmic consciousness not his physical body or that Wonder Woman/Green lantern was there, don't mention that infinity refer to the storing capacity of the book not it weight or that Shazam was there).

All American comic fans false argument against Dragonball:

1.Akira Toriyama is a liar and his words are not to be trusted.

2.Anything not in the Dragonball manga(Japanese comic) is not cannon even if it was work on by the creator and should be on Animevine not Comicvine.

3.The planets(Earth), galaxies, or universes of Dragonballs is smaller than the one in real-life/D.C./marvel.

4.Cell(super genesis bio-android) can't destroy a solar system or Goku can't destroy a planet because they were never shown to do it.

5.Frieza didn't really destroy the planet Namek(just destroy the core) or Vegeta(was never shown). Piccolo/Roshi destroying the moon is an outlier event and shouldn't count.

6.Statements, feats, or logic don't work when it pertain to Dragonballs.

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Scotchbear

@aqmatlatsuji: lol idr who but they literally said they wouldn’t count it if toriyama himself held an interview and flat out said “Goku can for sure destroy a universe, I made him, I said he can. So he can”

They said something like “not a feat doesn’t count” lol

I knew why db fans got so mad at that point.

The reason some question toriyama is because hes Forgetful or some random crap lol. So they think that’s proof not to believe the author

The questioning toriyama started when he said in an interview ssj was like a 10x multiplier. Which made no sense because Goku had used kk x20 and it did nothing. Lol

aqmatlatsuji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By aqmatlatsuji

@scotchbear:

About the ssj10 multiplier, I read it suppose to applied to the highest PL Goku have at the time. Which mean it would apply to the PL he have when he use kkx20. I did the calculation; Goku was at 750,000 before he fought Frieza, he was at 15,000,000 when he use kkx20, and he was at 150,000,000 when he became a super saiyan.

But I can understand question Akira Toriyama. I mean for a guy who created a great series, he seem so lackluster about it. But what I was pointing out is how some said that Cell can't destroy a solar system even though that what Akira Toriyama, the word of god, wrote in the manga. He have Cell, a super intelligence computer/bio-android, comment to Gohan that he have gather enough ki energy to destroy the solar system and the most likely way he would do it is by destroying the sun. But you got people saying Cell can't do it because he never done it and when you point out that what was written in the manga then they start calling Akira Toriyama a liar.

It like if I said that Superman doesn't poop or have a penis because it was never shown that he can poop or have a penis.

jplaya2023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who made the decision to ban the threads and why?

maybe make a DBZ VS sub forum unmoderated so people can make their own topics and debate in peace

Avatar image for zacrimsonwarudo
    ZaCrimsonWarudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aqmatlatsuji: So you're saiyan super saiyan would be a 200x multiplier?

Which makes ss2 a 400x multiplier

Ss3 a 1600x multiplier

Ss4 a 16000x multiplier.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdfefecea198
    deactivated-5bdfefecea198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Ball's problem is that it's vague, inconsistent, and the reason no one can agree on just how powerful the characters are is because there's actually no way to tell.

jplaya2023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awshucks said:
    @jplaya2023 said:

Dragon Ball's problem is that it's vague, inconsistent, and the reason no one can agree on just how powerful the characters are is because there's actually no way to tell.

that can be said about every form of media if we think about it. But we do have statements/feats whatever that show you strength. For example beerus and champa fighting would result in 2 universes being destroyed so off the bat we know they both are capable of destroying a universe solo dolo.

aqmatlatsuji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By aqmatlatsuji

@zacrimsonwarudo: No I wasn't saying, sorry if it sound like I was. I was referring to scotchbear saying SSJ was a x10 multiplier and what I read about the SSJ multiplier applying .to the highest PL Goku have at the time. We know Goku PL was at 150 millions(150,000,000) when he became a SSJ1. SO 150,000,000 divide by 10 = 15,000,000 divide by 20(kaioken)= 750,000. But looking online the true multiplier for each SSJ stage below are.

Super Saiyan - 50x the Saiyan's normal battle power.

Super Saiyan 2 - 2x the "strength" of Super Saiyan, or 100x normal power.

Super Saiyan 3 - 4x the "strength" of Super Saiyan 2, or a whopping 400x normal power

Super Saiyan 4 - 10x the "strength" of Super Saiyan, or 500x normal power.

So 150,000,000 divide by 50= 3,000,000 base level for Goku, my bad.

Avatar image for zacrimsonwarudo
    ZaCrimsonWarudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aqmatlatsuji:

Isn't ss4 a 10x multiplier from ss3 making it a 4000x base?

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zacrimsonwarudo: no, otherwise baby would’ve been able to flat out stomp ssj4 goku when he turned into a golden great ape just like he did to ssj3 goku in his strongest form 2.

aqmatlatsuji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By aqmatlatsuji

@zacrimsonwarudo: I got that from the dragonball wikia page. But I tried looking up the SSJ4 multiplier and it seem that there was never an official one release. From what I read it seem all the official works compare SSJ4 as a potential release form like Ultimate Gohan. So the multiplier is base on fan's best guess like with SSJGod. So the best guess I seen are below;

Super Saiyan 4 - 10x the "strength" of Super Saiyan, or 500x normal power.

Super Saiyan 4 - 10x the "strength" of Super Saiyan 3, or 4000x normal power.

There some that try to scale SSJ4 according to the Golden Oozaru form. There a debate on the multiplier of the Golden Oozaru which combine the Oozaru form with the SSJ form. Below are the two examples.

Golden Oozaru - 10x x 50x = 500x normal power or Golden Oozaru - 10x + 50x = 60x normal power.

If Oozaru(Golden) is 50x Oozaru/ 500x normal power than SSJ4 could be 10x Oozaru(Golden)/ 5000x normal power.

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TheDeathstar

Who even cares lmao its a comic site and DB is the only anime in the popular boards among all the comics so it gets hate from Comicbook community here and some other jealous failed Anime Community that couldn't make it to the top here, was bound to happen. I am not generalizing though so don't take it for granted. Reality Check.

CptMerc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who even cares lmao its a comic site and DB is the only anime in the popular boards among all the comics so it gets hate from Comicbook community here and some other jealous failed Anime Community that couldn't make it to the top here, was bound to happen. I am not generalizing though so don't take it for granted. Reality Check.

Pretty much this

Avatar image for deactivated-5db9692553cb6
    deactivated-5db9692553cb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This rule was okay. But it should apply to other top anime communities too. I'm not antagonizing the anime communities. Both comic and anime communities have flamewar makers here and there. But I just think we should separate those.

jplaya2023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flaming and stupid opinions are not limited to dbz vs whomever

what they should do is have a running thread (Thats stickied) of popular dbz vs whoever chars so that new ones aren't made everyday

for example keep a running thread of

goku vs superman

vegeta vs superman

whiz vs dc

android 18 vs wonder woman

beerus vs marvel etc... etc...

Just_Aguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem isn't dragon ball. The problem is pretty much every other community not LIKING dragon ball verse and the majority's opinion on it being the same, hence the block.

I'd say it's petty and irrational, and pretty unfair to block threads of DB vs other verses, only because of that, but hey. The mods probably hate it too, so there's honestly no point in trying to change anyone's mind about this rule. No offense, but no wonder people prefer VSBW to this. OPM Community is far more toxic and gets less shit.

RobinKamari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rules are just stupid and biased.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

I don't like it. Threads like Naruto vs Bleach and MCU vs DCEU are more toxic imo.

But this rule has been a thing for years and probably will never be lifted.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ad-arts

There is flamewars everywhere, DBZ was not an exception... Instead of blocking the people causing flamewars, they blocked DBZ... makes no sense.

Therfore this move is highly illogical. DBZ vs anything was not the problem, some people were the problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.