Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

So does every universe in DB contain a multiverse in it?

Avatar image for deactivated-605ff3ffc3245
    deactivated-605ff3ffc3245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just thought about it last day. According to the all-known multiverse theory every universe contains an infinite number of unviseres where u made every possible choise. With Trunks and Cell we already have 4 Timelines which would be a Universe for itself. Those would be:

- The main universe 7

- The timeline of Futrue Trunks

- The timeline Cell came from

- The timeline Cell universes Trunk traveled to.

So my question is: Does a universe in DB contain a multiverse in it? And if so which is the "main" universe? And if this "main" universe is destroyed will the other timelines dissapear awell?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I was just thinking that Mirai Trunks universe might be Universe 2 because of Zamasu. But I was also thinking by them going to Universe 10 in the first place they set the stage for Black to happen in Trunks' future.

It's difficult to answer. They made it clear there are 12 universes. But at the same time, we have those two alternate timelines (Trunks future and Cell future). For your third, I'm pretty sure Cell killed Trunks and stole his time machine.

Time for me to put all the FF comics I've read to good use, lol. My best guess would be the alternate timelines are possible futures for the main universes. They are probably in a pocket dimension or something that overlaps the main universe. I'd guess if the main universe were destroyed, the alternate future timelines would cease to exist as well. Or they would take the place of the destroyed universe and become the main universe itself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the third timeline i mean the timeline Trunks wanted to go to report Goku and co. Maybe this was a completly different timeline. Like Cell said Trunks wanted to go back to the future to tell that he did it. But was that the same timeline as our main timeline?

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@kratosx64x: Do you mean when he went back the future after he warned the Z-Fighters of the androids?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No right before Cell killed him he wanted to go back after he destroyed the androids. I wonder if the timeline dead Trunks wanted to go is the same as the main timline.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@kratosx64x: I think I get what you are saying. Either way, the timeline which Trunks was killed and Cell's timeline are the same. I would have been the same timeline Cell went to as he explained that the time machine he stole was pre-set and all he did was push the go button.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Right around 6:30 he explains how he got the time machine and how this version of Trunks wanted to tell Goku and co that he destroyed or deactivated the androids. I think this is a different timeline then our main timeline otherwise there would be two different Trunkses that would interact with the Z fighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or AT just didn't know what he was talking about that time again. He does things like that often XD

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@kratosx64x: That's right, the androids were gone, that's why he came back in the first place. Duh. So yeah, that would be a third timeline as we know Mirai Trunks is fine thanks to Super. The manga says "probably killed by Trunks" for the androids.

But now you have me thinking that it doesn't make sense. If Trunks was powerful enough to kill the androids, or he was as powerful as the Trunks we know, he should have been easily able to kill Imperfect Cell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: That is the point. And we see Mirai Trunks kill Cell and the Androids. So the Trunks Cell killed is a completly different Trunks and the Timeline he was before killing the Androids or "maybe" killing them to warn the Z fighters can't be our timeline at all. I hope to get answers to that in DBS ASAP.

But for our topic. If the all 12 universes have their own pocket universes or dimensons and if the main universe affect them aswell how would that scale the characters like Beerus and above? Would that make the mutliversal? And the next question would be what happened to all the other pocket universes when Zeno destroyed the 6 universes?

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@kratosx64x: Any of that would be pure speculation and I'm not on the universe busting hype train. But don't worry, there are plenty here that are.

But no, I wouldn't consider it a multiverse.

I wouldn't count on those answers being supplied by DBS though. The best bet you'd have would be if they made a Daizenshuu or other guide for Super, which will ultimately happen ($$$ yo!).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: Well that was pure curiosity. And i think we agree that DB/Z/S never answer those questions lol. So all we can do is speculate and wait for a guide book. Time travling always makes things more complicated and we know how complicated stuff and DB fit. Like not at all

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@kratosx64x: You know, I don't think it's that Toriyama didn't care, I think it was he didn't have the time to really think about it. He had to pump out a chapter a week for 8 years. I was just reading an interview and he said when he started the Buu saga he hadn't even thought up Buu yet. I think that's also why he doesn't remember a lot of what he wrote.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: Don't get me wrong i love Toriyamas work and i am thankfull that he created DB in the first place. But sometimes i think he just went with the flow and didn't put much thought in some things. It makes it hard to get facts out of DB sometimes. That said, i prefer it more like DB than HxH where it takes YEARS to only get a few chapters. Both amazing but with HxH it is hard to keep up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: Today i saw the manga and it is a parallel world that only occures when someone went back in time and changed an outcome.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mortal universe

Hell

Heaven

Kaioehins place

Other world

Demon realm

Seems multiverse to me, a small multiverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: it is if the propotion is right 2 times the size of our universe. But what i am interested in is the timelines and the multiverse theory. But the last manga explained that it is a parellel world only created if someone goes back in time and changes something

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i believe because of that there are infinite universes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lettsplay10: could be but we don't know yet and we don't know if it is something like Marvel or DC or completly different

Avatar image for freshflintstone
    FreshFlintstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FreshFlintstone

@kratosx64x said:

@lettsplay10: could be but we don't know yet and we don't know if it is something like Marvel or DC or completly different

It has to be infinite Universe because of the sheer fact there is a timeline paradox. And the time rings. Since Trunks timeline is another universe timeline wise that means the other 12 universes are in his timeline as well. Logically this what have to create a infinite amount of universes. Second again the time rings are proof of this. When Multiverse theory comes in to play with time distortion it would be impossible for there to not be infinite universes theoretically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freshflintstone: Theoretically yes but if that will be like that idk i counted with the 4 rings i counted 8 timelines:

- The 4 Rings

- Main timeline

- Trunks timeline

- Cells timeline

- The timeline dead Trunks travelled to.

It should be a infinite number but they explained it like if someone does a time travel only then a new timeline will be created other than that it seems like there are no disturbances in the main timeline.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kratosx64x:

The idea of the Multiverse is that an unimaginable amount of universes (some theorize it can be a infinite amount) exist within it. But each universe can have it's own rules and be totally different from the other.

In DBS here's what we know. There's 12 universes. So the Multiverse of DBS as only 12 universes.

But each universe can have moments where history was dramatically changed at a certain point, creating a different version of history in a specific point. Those moments create different timelines, that are separated by interdimensional space. In theory you can create many mirrored versions of the original universe, but still maintain the original (let's say universe 7) separated and independent from all the rest.

So if Zeno was to destroy let's say universe 7, given it has at the very least two other timelines/mirror universes, then with the destruction of the original 7 the first ever created mirror universe would take its place.

If universe 6 as no mirror universes, then there would be no mirror universe to take its place.

This is all more science fiction than science, but it's still fun.

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So now goku is a 7.8 universe buster

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.