Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 137 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

Respect the saiyans!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
    deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

Hey guys/gals!

I've seen that a lot of people tend to underestimate DB in terms of physical strength, speed and destructive power.

Of course there are a lot of DB fanboys out there, but there are just as many haters. That is why I've decided to create this respect thread.

I'm here to turn non-believers into believers, let's start with physical strength.

A lot of people think that Goku struggled with 40 tons... these people have never seen DB, they have just seen that one scene from the anime or have seen a single scan from the manga and think they know everything about DB.

That's the reason why a lot of people call spite when a DB is involved(oddly enough, it is because they think the DB char doesn't stand a chance)

Okay... let's start giving some proof:

No Caption Provided

One thing that a lot of people forget is that the gravity on Supreme Kai's planet is 10x earth's gravity, remember when Goku first got on King Kai's planet, he struggled to lift a hammer, so Goku is actually training with 20 tons on each limb with ease, 10x2= 20 (logic)

No Caption Provided

After the South Kai changes the weight to 40 tons (40x10=400 tons), Goku is still able to carry the weight in base form, but he is not able to train with it.

So Goku in his base form is still able to hold a weight of 400 tons strapped around each of his limbs... a total weight of 1600 tons.

Now, I can bicep curl 50 lbs... but there is no way in hell I can train with the same weight strapped around my wrists, I probably couldn't train with said weight even for a single minute.

Stating this, just to put into perspective how impressive such a feat actually is.

No Caption Provided

SSJ Goku says piece of cake while training with 400 tons on each of his limbs.

No Caption Provided

That cube is about 4 m^3, If the cube was made of pure gold it would weigh roughly 80 tons (10x80= 800 tons), chances are this metal weighs more than gold, SO... Goku is tossing a 800+ tons object... like it was nothing.

This metal breaks the Z-sword, The Z-sword was supposed to be indestructible.

Next: I will give some proof about speed :) , Feel free to post feats, this is a respect thread after all ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed:

A lot of people(mostly haters) say that DB characters are hypersonic at best and that they have slow reflexes. Well, they're wrong... very wrong.

No Caption Provided

Raditz dodges Piccolos special beam cannon which is FTL, this proves something about reflexes... doesn't it? Raditz is the weakest saiyan, remember that.

No Caption Provided

Gotenks goes around the earth in his SSJ form, Plus he even goes into the thermosphere

G

Buu toys with SSJ Gotenks, SSJ3 Gotenks toys with Buu, Mystic Gohan is faster than SSJ3 Gotenks and Vegito is another level. Saiyans are FTL, that's all i gotta say.
    Buu toys with SSJ Gotenks, SSJ3 Gotenks toys with Buu, Mystic Gohan is faster than SSJ3 Gotenks and Vegito is another level. Saiyans are FTL, that's all i gotta say.
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

That scene wasn't on King Kai's planet, it was in Other World. That was after King Kai's planet was destroyed by Cell's destruction.

You're assuming that the hardest metal in the universe is heavy, which doesn't necessarily have to be true.

You're also assuming that their attacks are FTL, which never gets stated. There is also no time limit mentioned with Gotenks flying around the Earth. If he only had a minute left, then he flew around the Earth about five times and took a nap in 29 minutes, since a fusion lasts 30 minutes. It leaves you with the question - how long was that nap?

And that is the problem with comparing DBZ to comic characters - it's all left to assumption. In comics, that go on forever and ever by tons of different writers, there are actual stated feats. That's why we don't allow manga/anime vs comic battles in the battle forum.

I love DBZ. I have every manga and every anime episode on DVD. I think they are awesome too, but there really is no comparison to top tier level comic characters. They simply have more evidence on their side.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart said:

That scene wasn't on King Kai's planet, it was in Other World. That was after King Kai's planet was destroyed by Cell's destruction.

You're assuming that the hardest metal in the universe is heavy, which doesn't necessarily have to be true.

You're also assuming that their attacks are FTL, which never gets stated. There is also no time limit mentioned with Gotenks flying around the Earth. If he only had a minute left, then he flew around the Earth about five times and took a nap in 29 minutes, since a fusion lasts 30 minutes. It leaves you with the question - how long was that nap?

And that is the problem with comparing DBZ to comic characters - it's all left to assumption. In comics, that go on forever and ever by tons of different writers, there are actual stated feats. That's why we don't allow manga/anime vs comic battles in the battle forum.

I love DBZ. I have every manga and every anime episode on DVD. I think they are awesome too, but there really is no comparison to top tier level comic characters. They simply have more evidence on their side.

Of course... that's why this is a respect thread.

I believe that each Kai's planet has 10xgravity, the other world has probably the same or maybe even higher gravity since, after all, the universes mightiest heroes live and train there.

Piccolo destroyed the moon in seconds at the beginning of DBZ... with a casual attack. SSJ Gotenks was just an example, I mentioned characters that are far faster than SSJ Gotenks, But yeah its true there are a lot of assumptions.

I'm doing this because I want to prove a lot people wrong.

I love comics and I know what is what and who can stand up against who, there are some people who put characters that are far weaker and say that they would win against *put superior db char here*, And most of the time they're not trolling, they firmly believe that they are right.

Again this is a respect thread, So no battles here :)

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
    FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FortressoftheMoon

This thread level is over 9000.
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Kallarkz

I see the math involved in how you arrived to 1600 tons...but not the actual evidence shown that he was practicing with all that weight. 

(40x10=400 tons),  Where exactly are you getting the 10 from?....There are 4 weights on his body.

The Kai either made each weight 10 tons to make a total of 40 tons 
    or made each weight 40 tons giving a total of 160 tons.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FortressoftheMoon said:

Overused meme... but awesome comment nonetheless.

FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FortressoftheMoon

@crash_
    That comment never gets old.  

How do you put in a gif?

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By MrUnknown

I remember Vegeta training in 400x Gravity environment and that was before he turned Super Saiyan.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Primmaster64

Yeah I always believed Goku was carrying 400 tons thanks to the 10X gravity thing...Also Gohan lifted a plane.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kallarkz said:

I see the math involved in how you arrived to 1600 tons...but not the actual evidence shown that he was practicing with all that weight.    (40x10=400 tons),  Where exactly are you getting the 10 from?....There are 4 weights on his body. The Kai either made each weight 10 tons to make a total of 40 tons or made each weight 40 tons giving a total of 160 tons.

The Kai made each weight 40 tons and gravity there is ten times that of earth, So... 160 tons there is equal to 1600 tons on earth. did you even read the whole post? :p
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Kallarkz
    @crash_ said:
    @Kallarkz said:

I see the math involved in how you arrived to 1600 tons...but not the actual evidence shown that he was practicing with all that weight.    (40x10=400 tons),  Where exactly are you getting the 10 from?....There are 4 weights on his body. The Kai either made each weight 10 tons to make a total of 40 tons or made each weight 40 tons giving a total of 160 tons.

The Kai made each weight 40 tons and gravity there is ten times that of earth, So... 160 tons there is equal to 1600 tons on earth. did you even read the whole post? :p
    Mmmm. That will still be using the assumption that each weight weighed 40 tons. 
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By ReVamp

Nice Thread. There are many assumptions, but I like the thread nontheless.
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Theworldbreaker

But Vegeta did figner tip pushups in 400x earth gravity before he reached Super Sayain!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kallarkz said:

@crash_ said:

@Kallarkz said:

I see the math involved in how you arrived to 1600 tons...but not the actual evidence shown that he was practicing with all that weight. (40x10=400 tons), Where exactly are you getting the 10 from?....There are 4 weights on his body. The Kai either made each weight 10 tons to make a total of 40 tons or made each weight 40 tons giving a total of 160 tons.

Mmmm. That will still be using the assumption that each weight weighed 40 tons.

The North Kai said he'd change it to 40 and he said that he was not joking.
    So its safe to say, that it is not an assumption.

@FortressoftheMoon

said:

@crash_:

That comment never gets old.

How do you put in a gif?

Same way you upload a jpeg ... Insert>Image. :)

@Theworldbreaker

said:

But Vegeta did figner tip pushups in 400x earth gravity before he reached Super Sayain!

Yup! 24 tons.

@ReVamp said:

Nice Thread. There are many assumptions, but I like the thread nontheless.

Thank you sir :)

unopen7639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By unopen7639

piccolo blew up the moon and said be gone. that was wierd  
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Primmaster64

lol

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By BatteredArmor

Dbz charecters speed and stregth is almost a null point compared to energy production they casually use blast that destroy or mutilate planets they also easily deflect or diperse these blast. Don't get me wrong they have near teleportation level speed along with actual teleportation strength that allows them to adjust to gravity that would kill any of us in less than a nano second durability enough to blink off being knocked through mountains and enough super senses to tell where anyone on the planet is but all of this is nothing compared to their energy prodution

It's sad how much people under estimate DBZ charecters i had to deffend goku against a naruto charecter last week. even Krillin should solo the entire narutoverse, maybe even Pan

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @FortressoftheMoon:  

No Caption Provided
    CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By CainPanell

@The Stegman said:

@FortressoftheMoon:

No Caption Provided

haha i wish i saw that

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @shadowknight666: i can proudly say i own the issue, and LOL'd when i read it
    CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By CainPanell

@The Stegman: ooh jealousy is filling me so much! ;D

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 94

#23  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Kakarot will always be low level trash!
    Kakarot will always be low level trash!

.........i dont remember THAT part

FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowknight666 said:

@The Stegman said:

@FortressoftheMoon:

haha i wish i saw that

That is brillant 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.