Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

Objective proof of why Potara>>>>>>Fusion Dance with actual canon evidence and not a non-canon meaningless promo

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gelato_exotic

I'm tired of all this headcanon about Gogeta and Vegetto are equals off one non-canon Death of the Author Jump promo. Gonna be proving why Vegetto stomps Gogeta overall with nothing but canon facts and statements.

Before I get started though there's something that needs to be debunked:

No Caption Provided

"WoG sTaTeD tHaT gOgEtA anD vEgETtO aRe eQuAlS"

Ayo bruh this is anything but WoG. For one check out the source:

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/weekly-jump-2019-no2-dragon-ball-report/

This some random hype promo/poster for the Broly Movie before it came out, and comes from the Weekly V Jump Magazines, something that has no precedence on the actual canon and just hypes things up, and has no involvement from any author themselves.

Not to mention, these V Jump Magazine promos were proven by the canon to be bullshit multiple times (I'm sure any of you who followed the Super Anime or Manga while it was actually airing and followed this stuff are aware of this). AKA not credible and not canon.

And for the record, the actual text doesn't even state that Gogeta and Vegetto are equally matched.

生するのは「ゴジータ」!!いずれ劣らぬ最強最後の切札だ!!

The phrase いずれ劣ら is something that's more like talking about being "equally competent" and not inferior in the sense of usefulness, and it's not a direct statement for equally matched in strength. Gogeta can still be weaker than Vegetto while being just as competent and useful because they're that strong.

https://ejje.weblio.jp/content/いずれ劣らぬ

So even if you wanted to treat this promo as anything useful, it still isn't any concrete evidence of anything.

Exhibit A:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

"BuT eLdEr kAi wAs wRonG aBoUt tHe tiMe LiMiT, nOt cReDiBlE"

Which is irrelevant to it's power level multiplier and a complete false equivalence.

"iT's bEcAuSe hE tHoUghT pOTaRa wAs suPeriOr bEcaUse mUh TiMe LiMiT"

This is headcanon and a subjective extrapolation and a huge reach, not to mention being blatant misinterpretation due to the fact both Goku and Elder Kai allude to the fact that they're specifically talking about having the power to defeat Buu in the pages above.

"Elder Kai isn't credible since he's never witnessed a Potara before"

Which is wrong. As a matter of fact, Elder Kai's been a party to a Potara with his very own self, and would be fully aware of the boost it gives, and the boost Fusion gives based off witnessing Gotenks, and still stated that Potara is outright superior:

No Caption Provided

Exhibit B:

No Caption Provided

According to Buutenks, even if Gohan and Goku did Fusion Dance (which is what Buu was referring to, considering he doesn't notice the earring at this point and says off hearing the word fuse, and Fusion Dance is the only fusion he was aware of at the time), it would be undoubtedly futile.

Why is this important? Because afterwards, Goku goes on to fuse with Vegeta, someone massively weaker than himself and Gohan, and goes on to absolutely own a massively stronger version of Buu himself.

Now I'm aware that Goku and Vegeta had their own rival boost as a Potara Fusion, but that shouldn't matter too much, considering how much stronger Gohan was than both Goku and Vegeta at this point.

Exhibit C:

No Caption Provided

だが しょせん わたしの敵では、 ない たとえ めい 合体したところでな

"But naturally they're no match for me, even if they merged!"

合体- Gattai

So he's specifically talking about Fusion. Buuhan verbatim states that even if Goku and Vegeta fused into Gogeta, they would be no match for him. About as clear cut as it gets.

"But Buuhan was proven wrong, he got stomped by Vegetto. And he said this in mind with Vegetto's upcoming birth, and he was aware of the earrings at this point."

Him being proven wrong works in Vegetto's favor, since it proves my point of Potara>>>>Fusion.

What's in reference to is irrelevant. Buuhan was still obviously going off the basis of what he knew about Fusion at that point and had no reason to assume it was weaker which is completely illogical based off Goku's demonstrated confidence it, and in fact likely assumed Potara was superior (considering Goku thought it a viable option and Buuhan was aware of this, despite he himself already being able to beat a Fusion Dance like SS3 Gotenks, if anything this is what he would've assumed to be the case), yet still thought it would do jack.

"But Buuhan isn't credible. He has no way of knowing how strong Gogeta would've been or what the Fusion Dance multiplier is."

Absolutely incorrect.

No Caption Provided

He's witnessed 2 counterparts using the Fusion Dance right in front of him, and would be perfectly aware to the boost it gives, and would infact have a perfect gauge to Gogeta's estimated power level. So he's completely credible here.

Exhibit D:

Lorewise, multiple pieces of evidence point to Vegetto being superior.

No Caption Provided

Along with Kibito's reaction specifically pointing out the power of the Potara despite having witnessed a fused SS3, which further proves my point, Vegetto is stated to have an additional amp to his power level due to Goku and Vegeta's rivalry.

No Caption Provided

Fusion Dance has rubbish drawbacks such as needing the counterparts to matching power levels, and not getting the full capacity of both ends, something Potara is not limited by.

Since Vegetto is stronger, how big is the gap between him and Gogeta?

Well, we know for the fact that Buutenks is fully aware of SS3 from both Gotenks and Goku, and so is Elder Kai. So logically, they would both know how strong a hypothetical SS3 Gogeta would be.

As shown above, Buutenks alone stated that a Goku and Gohan Fusion Dance would stand no chance against him when he wasn't aware of the Potara, despite knowing about SS3 and watching Goku and Gotenks transform into it and knowing the boost it gives.

Interestingly, Elder Kai notes this:

No Caption Provided

A Goku and Gohan Potara In Basewould've been enough to handle Buutenks, yet a SS3 Goku and Gohan Fusion would've been helpless, as stated above by Buutenks.

And to further reinforce Buu and Elder Kais credibility on this matter:

No Caption Provided

Even a clown like Kuririn is this competent when it comes to accurately gauging power levels, let alone Buutenks who's absorbed Piccolo, noted for his intelligence, and Elder Kai, one of the most knowledgeable and experienced beings in the Universe.

And as far as feats goes, Vegetto utterly curbstomps Buuhan in SS1 and would probably be relatively close to him in Base alone, and if we go by the Anime as supplementary evidence, Base Vegetto was already on par with Buuhan:

And Gogeta is verbatim stated to be be absolutely no match for Buuhan.

Some Daizenshuu entries as a bonus:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

VERDICT!

No Caption Provided

d1vine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inb4 in story retcon

Avatar image for deactivated-62262097409c9
    deactivated-62262097409c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

only otakus call him Vegetto instead of Vegito, or even worst, Vegerot..

Avatar image for deactivated-60c0f858b7326
    deactivated-60c0f858b7326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't matter Gogeta claps

This is hard to believe imma be honest.

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your incredulity isn't an argument if you can't debunk it just say that. it was a done deal when Elder Kai verbatim stated Potara>>>>Fusion but somehow people still find ways to wank Gogeta to being an equal.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c0f858b7326
    deactivated-60c0f858b7326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pepsichipbag said:

Your incredulity isn't an argument if you can't debunk it just say that. it was a done deal when Elder Kai verbatim stated Potara>>>>Fusion but somehow people still find ways to wank Gogeta to being an equal.

Oh god I wasn't even being serious...

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gelato_exotic said:
    @pepsichipbag said:

Oh god I wasn't even being serious...

Ok so you agree Vegetto>>>Gogeta I presume? Aight we good then.

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump Gogetakeks hold another L for me

Avatar image for deactivated-60906fff676c6
    deactivated-60906fff676c6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thread.

Only thing I'll say is, I'm not sure if the fusion dance power-level-matching actually lowers the multiplier. It could just be that they need to match power levels in order to do the fusion. But I agree Vegerot should be above Gogeta.

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Vegerot>>>Gogethot...noice!

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump I was reading Daizenshuu 4 and I found this that confirms everything I've already established through canon facts Gogetakeks can hold another L

https://web.archive.org/web/20111104071056/http://kanzentai.com/trans-daiz04.php?m=08&id=tech#link

No Caption Provided

"But the effect is greater than Fusion"

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-62a11781eff58
    deactivated-62a11781eff58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unironically the most concrete and by far the best argument I've seen for proving Potara>Fusion on the entire internet hats off bruh.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 takenstew22  Moderator
    Avatar image for deactivated-61ffbb71d792f
    deactivated-61ffbb71d792f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jplaya2023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

elder kai said vegetto is so strong because of the people fusing not the method of fusion

argument over

people fusing >>>>>> fusion method

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

elder kai said vegetto is so strong because of the people fusing not the method of fusion

argument over

people fusing >>>>>> fusion method

Headcanon he says quote "Just like Fusion. But it'll work even better" he's specifically talking about the Fusion method in which Potara is consistently stated and shown to be superior

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.