Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 184 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

No, Goku did not have to suit up to survive temperature, it was because of lack of oxygen.

• 109 results
    ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ad-arts

Just in case you do not know. There is a relation between temperature and pressure. When you can survive one, you can survive the other one.

We had multiple feets of Goku being able to survive extreme pressures. We also had feats of him being able to survive high temperatures. We also had feats him needing oxygen...

Cuple of feats for pressure / temperature.

1. Goku / Vegeta gravity training.

Increased gravity would increase air pressure = increased temperature. This is why at higher altitude, where gravity is lower, pressure is lower and therfore temperature is also lower. It would get extremally hot at 100g, 400g even hotter.

2. Kid Goku surviving rocket engine which is about 3000K - this is from manga, so valid.

3. Goku surviving punches that would destroy an island. This kind of punch would generate pressure and therfore temperature a lot higher than that inside our planet. And i mean it would not be even close. The temperature inside of sun 150.000.000K would not be even close. If you were hit with such force, you would evaporate instantly. For example small nuke generates up to 300.000.000K in the center of explosion - twice as high as centre of the sun. All due to immense pressure. It has noting to do with material used, the fact its a nuke etc. Its only because of the pressure. Crazy high pressure generates crazy high temperature. And this nuke, compared to some of their feats is not much really...

4. Vegeta vs Magma guy. You dont think he was at 100 degrees Kelvin only do you :). A lighther could beat him. Generate heat and pressure was getting rid of air = Vegeta could not breath. This is why his breaths were heavier and heavier.

I will reverse it to make it more fun. If you were to heat up a pin of a nail to the temperature of center of the sun ( 150mln degrees Kelvin). It would generate so much pressure it would level 1/5th of United States to the ground. Why nuke that is even hoter did not? Because center of explosion was only hot for an instant, not all the time.

There is more and more and more...

So wait, we know he can survive immense pressure and therfore a temperature. Or if you will, temperature and therfore a pressure. They are related. We do know he does need oxygen, why there is even an argument?

Please dont bring comic book characters into this. This is a topic for Goku and other DB characters only.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's also the feat of him surviving the Sphere of Destruction. Old Kai said just being near it could wipe you out. I honestly don't take the fillers seriously since they aren't part of Tori's script.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

okay we get it

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah it was heat.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
    ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

three threads in the span of 2 hours?? and who says DBZ fanboys are insecure???

and it was the heat, sorry.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah it was heat.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ad-arts
    Avatar image for freshflintstone
    FreshFlintstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts: Ignore them, their quality troll post clearly contribute to the thread so much

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: i told you why in the other thread lol

You did not tell my why you chose to ignore evidence from the manga... Ignoring one feat because you don't like it does not make you right.

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EdBeatle

The moment I saw Goku saying "won't I die if I go there?" my only thought was "oh shit, we're getting shit threads about this"

I don't care if it was temperature or oxygen but oh god, either is people trying to say "your character isn't stronger than Superman, haha" or "W-wait, I can explain it, that isn't what we think, he's not weak!!!!!" but really guys, stop it.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tiramisu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Goku take off the suit while inside the core with Beerus and Whis?

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ad-arts

@edbeatle said:

The moment I saw Goku saying "won't I die if I go there?" my only thought was "oh shit, we're getting shit threads about this"

I don't care if it was temperature or oxygen but oh god, either is people trying to say "your character isn't stronger than Superman, haha" or "W-wait, I can explain it, that isn't what we think, he's not weak!!!!!" but really guys, stop it.

I said neither and i also asked not to bring other characters... you just did.

FreshFlintstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally think it's sad that a lot of people skipped out on school and don't understand the correlation between pressure and heat. That was the most amazing thing about that thread

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edbeatle: Wasn't there a scan of Superman being crushed by the pressure of the Earth's core? Like I said, I don't take fillers seriously at all xD

There was even an episode where baby pan was flying into the fringes of space. Lol

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DB fans be like.

No Caption Provided

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally think it's sad that a lot of people skipped out on school and don't understand the correlation between pressure and heat. That was the most amazing thing about that thread

So now Goku is not only weak against the heat, but he has crappy durability and can't withstand the pressures of being below the Earth?

Excellent. You heard it first ladies and gents!

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to the core would be dangerous for Goku in the same way fighting Magetta in an enclosed space was dangerous for Vegeta. View it as you will.

Just please stop saying pressure and temperature are the same thing. It sounds ridiculous.

23dhjyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Physics and Dragon Ball don't mix my friend.

FreshFlintstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to the core would be dangerous for Goku in the same way fighting Magetta in an enclosed space was dangerous for Vegeta. View it as you will.

Just please stop saying pressure and temperature are the same thing. It sounds ridiculous.

Nobody said they are the same thing. There is a relation. Jeez has no one heard of Gay-Lussac's Law

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

You did not tell my why you chose to ignore evidence from the manga... Ignoring one feat because you don't like it does not make you right.

didn't i? oh well. the earth's core differs from our current environment in three keys ways:

1. temperature
    2. gravity
    3. oxygen levels

Goku has trained in insane levels of gravity so obviously thats not a factor. A simple google search can show you that gravity and temperature aren't directly related; Jupiter (largest planet in our solar system) has the mass of approximately 1000th of our sun but has a surface temperature of around -108 degrees C. Oxygen Lvls aren't an issue since Goku fought Beerus in the outer reaches of our atmosphere where (i don't think i need to tell you) Oxygen would be very low in terms of quantity. That only leaves one thing; Heat.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freshflintstone: I've had my fair share of physics courses. The op just took a crap all over them.

TrueAustralian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So does this mean that anime Boros could kill DBS Goku?

FreshFlintstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FreshFlintstone

@itouchedtheboat: oh my god lol i can't with this thread. Did you just compare oxygen at the core to the stratosphere of the earth

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts: I'm not saying you did either, you're trying to prove Goku isn't affected by the heat which okay, I respect that but really, do you need to make a whole single thread to just try to prove a point? You should know by now people don't care if you present evidence or not, you can see that above, they have their own opinion and nothing's changing that when it comes to DBU because it just is a bunch of inconsistencies.

I'm sorry if I brought comics up but I was mentioning the other thread. Good job with your arguments btw.

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: oh my god lol i can't with this thread. Did you just compare oxygen at the core to the stratosphere of the earth

what was wrong with my comparison? both are low in oxygen, no?

FreshFlintstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Beast_mode999

1.Goku wasn't wearing the suit when he came out.

2. little to no oxygen

3. Radiation

Done here

TrueAustralian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't there a scan of Superman being crushed by the pressure of the Earth's core? Like I said, I don't take fillers seriously at all xD

There was even an episode where baby pan was flying into the fringes of space. Lol

Yeah, after I saw the op with those scans I wanted to post the new one with Sups almost dying from being there but the thread was already locked and I also see the same scan posted there anyway

Sadly we can't just use the fillers as arguments with all canon and shit, ugh. But anyway, it's just easier to ignore them but people really take every single word seriously which is awful, Baby Pan flying into space was the shit tho xD it's not meant to be taken seriously and Super is way more enjoyable like that tbh.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johncena69swag: Just please stop saying pressure and temperature are the same thing. It sounds ridiculous.

They are related, whenever one of them grows, the other one grows too. Its how it works, however ridiculous it apperas to you, does not matter.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ad-arts

@itouchedtheboat said:
    @ad-arts said:

didn't i? oh well. the earth's core differs from our current environment in three keys ways:

1. temperature
    2. gravity
    3. oxygen levels

Goku has trained in insane levels of gravity so obviously thats not a factor. A simple google search can show you that gravity and temperature aren't directly related; Jupiter (largest planet in our solar system) has the mass of approximately 1000th of our sun but has a surface temperature of around -108 degrees C. Oxygen Lvls aren't an issue since Goku fought Beerus in the outer reaches of our atmosphere where (i don't think i need to tell you) Oxygen would be very low in terms of quantity. That only leaves one thing; Heat.

You still did not answer to my question... I was asking why are you ignoring scan from db manga...

A simple google search can show you that gravity and temperature aren't directly related

Seriously. I gave you our earth as an example, that you can investigate yourself everyday and you still argue? Lower gravity at higher altitudes is the only reason temperature is lower with altitude... Jus wow... now you are going to argue with common knowledge...

Jupiter (largest planet in our solar system) has the mass of approximately 1000th of our sun but has a surface temperature of around -108 degrees C

I can't belive i have to explain it to you.

1. Grafity on Jupiter is only 2.5 times that of earth. Not a huge difference. Gravity and temperature corelation is not linear. 2x higher gravity =/= 2x higher temperature.

2. You cannot compare same parametres on different planets. If jupiter's gravity was lower, its temperature would also be lower.

Oxygen would be very low in terms of quantity.

There is a difference between very low breathable air and none, isnt there? You cant just breath in air ( for as long as you happen to find one ) from inside our planet, it will kill you for many reasons, sulfur for starters.

You dont have to be a scientist to know to not breath in vulcano erruption gasses. And this is pretty much the kind of air we have inside our earth. Mixed with oxygen or not, it will kill you instantly. Its highly toxic.

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only downplayers think Goku can't survive heat from the Earth's core.

They made up an excuse to say that he can't survive the temperature where it states nowhere that was the problem.

Akira makes mistakes, this is true, but Goku CAN'T BREATHE THERE.

I hate it when people make up lies with nothing to back it up. We know Goku tanked blasts hotter than the sun on a regular basis.

I'm sorry, this is silly

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Well, Beerus and Whis didn't needed a suit

If that makes you feel better

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Goku was retarded according to you lot? Why take his word when he has no clue what he's talking about? How does he know he would die if he was down there?

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edbeatle said:
    @panda_emperorix said:

Wasn't there a scan of Superman being crushed by the pressure of the Earth's core? Like I said, I don't take fillers seriously at all xD

Yeah, after I saw the op with those scans I wanted to post the new one with Sups almost dying from being there but the thread was already locked and I also see the same scan posted there anyway

Sadly we can't just use the fillers as arguments with all canon and shit, ugh. But anyway, it's just easier to ignore them but people really take every single word seriously which is awful, Baby Pan flying into space was the shit tho xD it's not meant to be taken seriously and Super is way more enjoyable like that tbh.

Fillers in the anime are still canon

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's also the feat of him surviving the Sphere of Destruction. Old Kai said just being near it could wipe you out. I honestly don't take the fillers seriously since they aren't part of Tori's script.

The problem with not taking fillers seriously is there are no fillers. It's all canon. Toei is in control more than Toriyama is. Heck, the Superhuman Water arc was mentioned by Goku in the Black arc.

Loading Video...

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beast_mode999: I meant arguments for saying it didn't happen, but okay.

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to clarify Goku has no feats putting him even near superman to begin with so why are people saying he is weaker than superman No

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panda_emperorix said:

The problem with not taking fillers seriously is there are no fillers. It's all canon. Toei is in control more than Toriyama is. Heck, the Superhuman Water arc was mentioned by Goku in the Black arc.

Loading Video...

If it's canon then how come it's not in the manga?

Toriyama oversees both and the copy water arc was never mentioned at all. If it was truly part of the story, then it would have been in there.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

@johncena69swag: Just please stop saying pressure and temperature are the same thing. It sounds ridiculous.

They are related, whenever one of them grows, the other one grows too. Its how it works, however ridiculous it apperas to you, does not matter.

Sure, an increase in pressure can cause temperature to increase. However, it is nowhere near the magnitude that you make it out to be.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SpitfirePanda

@spitfirepanda said:
    @panda_emperorix said:

Loading Video...

If it's canon then how come it's not in the manga?

Toriyama oversees both and the copy water arc was never mentioned at all. If it was truly part of the story, then it would have been in there.

As I understand it, Toriyama writes the basic script that the manga and anime are made from. He's not running either. The manga is written to compliment the anime, but it's not the original source like with other series. Toei is in charge of the anime, and Toyotaro is in charge of the manga.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

And what is the hottest thing goku has survived? Saiyans are just flat-out vulnerable, get over it. They can't survive things like actual planet busting, core of a planet, poison needles, Heart-attacks, Vacuum of space etc.

Beerus and whis on the other hand, different matter.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panda_emperorix: all toriyama does is give an outline for the basics of the story. It's up to toei and toyotaro to fill in the blanks

He watches over Toyotaro a little more because he's a mangaka first and foremost. But, overall, the anime is the main product and the manga is simply a comicalization of it

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panda_emperorix: If it's canon then how come it's not in the manga?

Anime comes before manga, in DBS anime is cannon. Manga is written after anime... its not DB/DBZ, different rules here.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: And what is the hottest thing goku has survived?

By actualy feats, rocket engine i guess.

They can't survive things like

blanet bustin -no

core of planet - no, but we do not know for sure why

poison needles - no

heart-attack - no

vacuum of space- no, but we do not know for sure why

The two, we dont know why have no air in common though...

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panda_emperorix: all toriyama does is give an outline for the basics of the story. It's up to toei and toyotaro to fill in the blanks

He watches over Toyotaro a little more because he's a mangaka first and foremost. But, overall, the anime is the main product and the manga is simply a comicalization of it

Ok? And what do the filler arcs have to do with the story again?

If they were part of the draft then we would have seen them on both not just one. It's not canon unless it was.

It's the main reason why we don't use filler from Z.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@ad-arts: Actually we DO know they can't survive vacuum due to lack of air. Also, rocket engine's blast would be nowhere near core of earth. Plus it was more of a 1-hit. It is completely different from dipping into 6000K. Recently, there was a thread which argued whether raditz can survive a nuke or not. There, he only momentarily face high temperature, it is different from prolonged exposure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.