Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

Is Roshi the weakest fighter in the whole of the Universal Survival Tournament?

kingpin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is Roshi the weakest fighter in the whole of the Universal Survival Tournament in terms of power level?

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It's too early to presume that since we haven't seen many of the other competitors from the other universes of the tournament.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Him or tien possibly even krillin, the preview makes it look like roshi got a buff with that dark form and he will probably keep it so the writers can keep him relevant in the tournament.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr: He isn't keeping that dark form, that is just him being brainwashed in that filler episode.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: I know it's just him brainwashed, but it's an easy way to give him a power boost for the tournament that he will need.

I meant that he will keep a powerboost from the form, not reallly the form itself

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Something will probs happen

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

I really doubt that is a filler episode since it is him rectuiting tien.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beast_mode999: The recruitment isn't filler, just probably the zombie thing is. I bet in the manga version it will just be them asking everyone and that's it, lol.

nilok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr: Based on what Goku was saying, the brainwashing simply caused Roshi to stop holding back as he has been doing since Dragon Ball (not saying he was this strong in Dragon Ball, just that he always held back). This is probably Roshi's true 100% power.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nilok: he also said he's been doing a lot of training in secret, so I'm assuming this means Roshi is a lot stronger than dragon ball roshi, they had to give him some kind of amp to be relevant.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm glad Roshi is relevant again. Same for Tien. They're as strong as the plot wants them to be. My only complaint is how 17 and 18 (presumably) got stronger. Training is fine, but Bulma should have given them some upgrades to help them imo. Bulma needs some more crazy science feats.

Avatar image for dragonvegeta123
    Dragonvegeta123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope that's tien now

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad Roshi is relevant again. Same for Tien. They're as strong as the plot wants them to be. My only complaint is how 17 and 18 (presumably) got stronger. Training is fine, but Bulma should have given them some upgrades to help them imo. Bulma needs some more crazy science feats.

17 got stronger by training just like everyone else. Not sure if 18 has been training though, certainly not to the extent of 17.

Avatar image for trebuchetcanthrow90kilogramsof
    Trebuchetcanthrow90kilogramsofstoneover300metres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently it's Tien, who got his ass whooped so hard I have to take back that I ever thought he was badass.

kingpin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kingpin1

Tien will look stronger in Episode 90, so he should redeem himself after a bad showing in Episode 89.

tjd2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would hope it'd be him or Krillin but due to the little remark by goku about him training in secret I doubt it's him.

I know I personally don't want it to be Tien because the mans never gotten his day except for holding cell off momentarily- I'd like to see more things outta him in the tournament of power

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its Tien but episode 90 can change my mind

DJudgment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Tien, Roshi and Krillin are all going to be on even ground tbh, they definitely the weakest out the bunch! There can be a case made for who the strongest is out of three due to the way it's the episodes for each have gone and it seems the order is Roshi as the strongest then Krillin then Tien.

But it changes so much within super that you can never really call it.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no reason for Roshi to ever surpass Tien or Krillin or even get close to them, so im gonna go with Roshi. Roshi has the least potential of them all.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MainJP

@djudgment said:

There can be a case made for who the strongest is out of three due to the way it's the episodes for each have gone and it seems the order is Roshi as the strongest then Krillin then Tien.

Not really, Roshi wasn't all that impressive compared to Krillin. Base Goku had little to no trouble putting Roshi down, on the other hand, we have Krillin comboing Base Gohan with ease and mustering enough power to force Goku to transform into SSJ1. We even had two "Krillin vs Current Roshi" threads spawn after EP. 89 dropped and literally everyone agreed that Krillin still stomps.

The synopsis for the current arc ( and Toei's official website ) refers to Krillin as the strongest Earthling, and from what we've seen from the three so far it shows in his favour. I'd wager Tenshinhan will get a better showing in today's episode hopefully showing that he's still ahead of the old man.

Also, I doubt that out of the entire tournament that these three would be the weakest, we haven't even seen most of the other universes fighters yet so that's an unfair judgement to make. There may be guys in Krillin and Tenshinhans league and there may even be guys weaker than Roshi for all we know.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MainJP

@mainjp said:
    I'd wager Tenshinhan will get a better showing in today's episode hopefully showing that he's still ahead of the old man.

Wow...I stand corrected, Tenshinhan is absolutely useless.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@mainjp said:
    @mainjp said:
    I'd wager Tenshinhan will get a better showing in today's episode hopefully showing that he's still ahead of the old man.

He was, and its understandable given who the other 3 fighters were. What did bother me, was that he was frozen in place a couple times not knowing what to do, thats pretty OOC for him.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp said:
    @mainjp said:

He was, and its understandable given who the other 3 fighters were.

It doesn't help that he was fodderized literally two episodes in a row, first time by Roshi no less.

What did bother me, was that he was frozen in place a couple times not knowing what to do, thats pretty OOC for him.

He probably didn't expect Gohan to get that serious in a sparring match, and he must've been winded by that gut punch he took.

DJudgment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp said:
    @djudgment said:

There can be a case made for who the strongest is out of three due to the way it's the episodes for each have gone and it seems the order is Roshi as the strongest then Krillin then Tien.

Not really, Roshi wasn't all that impressive compared to Krillin. Base Goku had little to no trouble putting Roshi down, on the other hand, we have Krillin comboing Base Gohan with ease and mustering enough power to force Goku to transform into SSJ1. We even had two "Krillin vs Current Roshi" threads spawn after EP. 89 dropped and literally everyone agreed that Krillin still stomps.

The synopsis for the current arc ( and Toei's official website ) refers to Krillin as the strongest Earthling, and from what we've seen from the three so far it shows in his favour. I'd wager Tenshinhan will get a better showing in today's episode hopefully showing that he's still ahead of the old man.

Also, I doubt that out of the entire tournament that these three would be the weakest, we haven't even seen most of the other universes fighters yet so that's an unfair judgement to make. There may be guys in Krillin and Tenshinhans league and there may even be guys weaker than Roshi for all we know.

Krillin has been impressive so far, so in fair there is no grounds to place Roshi at the top for now due to nothing really being shown of Roshi.

However i will state that due to Goku's reaction when fighting Roshi in EP.89 and how surprised he was at how strong Roshi had become shows Roshi has had a considerable boost since we last seen him fight, how big of a boost we will have to wait and see! But Goku stated Roshi has been training in secret, for how long im not sure but must have been since he last fought, where as Krillin did let himself go for awhile, and only recently has gone back to pure Martial Arts Training again. So yes in my opinion for now i agree that Krillin is the strongest, that is until we see Roshi actually fight, there must be a reason why we haven't seen him fight properly yet ? Everyone has fought Goku so far par Vegeta for obvious reasons, so why has Roshi not had a proper fight yet ? Maybe to save his showing for the tournament ?

So i do believe Roshi will come out the strongest of the three, but wont be surprised if it is Krillin in the end.

Tien looks like a lost cause after this ep. He was useless unfortunately, will probably have better showing in the tournament but from what ive seen so far hes not going to have a huge impact.

"I think Tien, Roshi and Krillin are all going to be on even ground tbh, they definitely the weakest out the bunch."

I was referring to the U7 fighters, within our group they are the three weakest.

I agree that we can't judge yet as we haven't seen all universes, i should have phrased it better.

kingpin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Tien's defense we say 18 take Krillin down with one kick, while the Gohan he fought is much stronger than her.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingpin1 said:

In Tien's defense we say 18 take Krillin down with one kick, while the Gohan he fought is much stronger than her.

Tien was taken down by a punch from Roshi :S

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MainJP
    @kingpin1 said:

@rukelnikovftw said:
    @kingpin1 said:

This.

And he was one-shotted by him too. Krillin and 18 at least exchanged blows and parried each other for a bit. Trashinhan didn't land a hit on a serious Roshi or Base Gohan even once. Krillin actually landed hits on Base Gohan, even took a gut punch like Ten and was sent flying through a sea stack with out wincing in pain afterwards. And forced a transformation outta Goku. Feats.

Tenshinhan has become a full blown jobber and probably shouldn't be on the team.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@mainjp said:
    @kingpin1 said:

@rukelnikovftw said:
    @kingpin1 said:

This.

And he was one-shotted by him too. Krillin and 18 at least exchanged blows and parried each other for a bit. Trashinhan didn't land a hit on a serious Roshi or Base Gohan even once. Krillin actually landed hits on Base Gohanand forced a transformation outta Goku. Feats.

Not the same Gohan. But Krillin did perform well against Base Goku.

Tenshinhan has become a full blown jobber and probably shouldn't be on the team.

This ain't true, there was nothing he could realistically do in a fight where everyone else is SSJ2 Tier at least. I don't think he will go down without having done something useful in the tournament.

grappolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol dbs is really getting worse.

kingpin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess they will make it up to Tien by giving him Yurin.

Avatar image for legendarysaiyan
    Legendarysaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am looking forward to Roshi sweeping the entire tournament. He shreds everyone besides Omni King, and everyone else is fodder. We all know that.

dbzaota482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's stronger than Tien and possibly Krillin.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Kurilin is stronger than both Tien and Roshi. And no base Gohan is weaker than 18.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spitfirepanda said:

17 got stronger by training just like everyone else. Not sure if 18 has been training though, certainly not to the extent of 17.

People keep complaining about this but outright ignore who 17 actually is.

jasonhitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

He overpoweered several of them

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He overpoweered several of them

We all know that now...

Ben12233445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingpin1: Strength isn't the only factor in a battle. He may be weak in terms of raw power compared most people in the tournament, but but he is known for his tricky techniques including his mufabu. Not to mention, knowing his opponents by studying them.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingpin1: Strength isn't the only factor in a battle. He may be weak in terms of raw power compared most people in the tournament, but but he is known for his tricky techniques including his mufabu. Not to mention, knowing his opponents by studying them.

In other words, if not plot device he would be completely usless.

Ben12233445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ben12233445

@ad-arts: Yep.

sky_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

krillin is imo

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tien is the weakest in u7.

There are plenty others weaker in the other universes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.