Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

Is Goku Pre-Roshi training high street level?

Avatar image for ultra_supermanking
    Ultra_SupermanKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Goku from chapters 1-24 before the 21st world tournament before the red ribbon army arc.....

So far the most impressive feats from hims are

1) One shotting a large demon bear thing

2) Shattering a decent sized boulder

3) Throwing a small car

1-2) Tanks bullets

3) A axe shatters on his head

4) Tanks Yamcha punching through four stone pillars

His Kamehameha is decently strong

1) Breaks a small car

2-3) Punches a hole through a wall nether him nor Yamcha could

Some minor feats

1) One shots a pterodactyl

2) Shatters three bricks with a single finger

3) Hits Yamcha hard enough to make a small crater

He's pretty good but I don't see him as mid-tier (I didn't find any speed feats from skimming over) also just to state it again this is Goku from chapters 1-24 not any further. And does this apply to Yamcha as well?

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_supermanking: how is dat a stone pillar? lowball much xd. that is a fourth wall breaking feat when he punched yamcha against the manga panel xd.

in character

he isn't, out of character he looks at th moon xd.

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say wall level, maybe even small building level. IIRC, Pilaf stated the room he trapped them in was really durable so if Goku could do that to that wall he may be able to actually tear down a regular wall on a building.

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All these feats far surpass street levelers lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b466be4b5981
    deactivated-5b466be4b5981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All these feats far surpass street levelers lol.

These Feats are defenitly street. Heck, I'm sure MCU Luke Cage could replicate these feats

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed wise he wasn't really impressive at that time. Thats the only good feats I remember.

And no he's definitely not a mid tier outside of maybe his durability but thats more due to his saiyan body than pure stats.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shenron007

@gaoron: his saiyan body has been a dissapointment when he is off guard lately lol. db kid goku >>> rock >> ssj 1 goku >>> laser >>> ssj blue goku.

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: rock could probably one shot the grand priest tbh

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This version of Goku wouldn't even beat Batman tbh. His feats don't stand out.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ad-arts

That Goku was above street level, are you forgetting the builder feat? It was pre training...

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:

Speed wise he wasn't really impressive at that time. Thats the only good feats I remember.

And no he's definitely not a mid tier outside of maybe his durability but thats more due to his saiyan body than pure stats.

He also poshed huge builder, pre training.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: good joke xd.

Oh wow, he broke boulders and is FTE. How impressive. The only thing that stands out is his durability.

Prime-Okami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: I mean he crushed them as if it was a light exercise, but to each their own.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: I mean he crushed them as if it was a light exercise, but to each their own.

Bane and other superhumans he has fought has done way better. Batman outmaneuvers Kid Goku, uses pressure points and tear gas and eventually knocks him out.

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prime-okami said:

Bane and other superhumans he has fought has done way better. Batman outmaneuvers Kid Goku, uses pressure points and tear gas and eventually knocks him out.

LOL

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DeathHero61

@thedeathstar said:
    @deathhero61 said:
    @prime-okami said:

LOL

What speed feats does Kid Goku Pre-Roshi Training has? He doesn't start bullet timing till after training with Roshi. Meanwhile, Batman has gone FTE, deflected bullets, and has outmaneuvered superhumans just as fast as THIS VERSION of Goku.

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheDeathstar

@deathhero61 said:
    @thedeathstar said:
    @deathhero61 said:
    @prime-okami said:

LOL

What speed feats does Kid Goku Pre-Roshi Training has? He doesn't start bullet timing till after training with Roshi. Meanwhile, Batman has gone FTE, deflected bullets, and has outmaneuvered superhumans just as fast as THIS VERSION of Goku.

Speed feat? He was chasing lions and cheetahs at this age. Tanked a bullet to the head (when he was cluelss) and an axe to the head also which even got destroyed. One kick from him would kill Batman and render him useless not to mention Batman never dodged on bullet time, that's call aim dodging.

Had far more strength output than Batman and even knew how to manipulate an energy beam which he did just by seeing it. Not to mention he was trained by Gohan.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DeathHero61

@thedeathstar said:
    @deathhero61 said:
    @thedeathstar said:
    @deathhero61 said:
    @prime-okami said:

LOL

Speed feat? He was chasing lions and cheetahs at this age. Tanked a bullet to the head (when he was cluelss) and an axe to the head also which even got destroyed. One kick from him would kill Batman and render him useless not to mention Batman never dodged on bullet time, that's call aim dodging.

Had far more strength output than Batman and even knew how to manipulate an energy beam which he did just by seeing it. Not to mention he was trained by Gohan.

Aim Dodging????? Scans courtesy of @lvenger

Deflects gunfire using a small metal chain around his arm

No Caption Provided

Just so this isn't dismissed as a one off showing, Batman has deflected bullets after they've been fired more than once (Batman Confidential #32 & #33)

He's evaded machine gun fire from helicopters fitted with motion detectors and piloted by elite commandos (Batman: Outlaws #1)

And he's evaded 5,000 rpm machine gun fire at point blank range (Batman Confidential #15)

Being trained by Gohan means nothing, learning how to manipulate energy at that stage of the series wasn't that impressive. Goku only became impressive skill wise after training with Roshi. He's strength is commonplace in DC dealing with characters such as Bane, Killer Croc, Solomon Grundy and Deathstroke, who are all superhumans more impressive than this version of Goku. The only thing that's a problem is his durability. But that's countered by gear and skill.

Kid Goku BOS is high-street at best. And if you actually want to continue to contest this, CAV me. I have a decent list of street levelers I can use to continue this debate.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saiyan babies have the potential to defeat an entire planets population...it laughable to think kid Goku would be street level...

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DeathHero61

@amonfire1776 said:

Saiyan babies have the potential to defeat an entire planets population...it laughable to think kid Goku would be street level...

Each Saiyan Baby was different Vegeta as a child was destroying several Saibamen,(at least in the anime) it took Goku years to reach that level and didn't do so until the Saiyan Saga. Not all saiyans are the same. Going based off the lore isn't enough.

Goku being raised on earth severely limited him I'd argue because the people he trained with or fought against were all just humans he surpassed eventually.

Edit: Plus as everyone stated, with the Ozaru transformation, nobody would oppose him.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MainJP
    @amonfire1776 said:

Saiyan babies have the potential to defeat an entire planets population...

Raditz straight up implied that babies could do it because of the Great Ape, even told Goku he should've done it in a year or two because of the size of Earth's moon.

it laughable to think kid Goku would be street level...

Why?

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

Saiyans can wipe out lifeforms on other planets as infants because they transform into the Great Ape during the full moon... It isn't as though Goku had the ability to accomplish this without said transformation. Even after Roshi's training, there were numerous humans capable of defeating him on their own.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MainJP
    @thedeathstar said:

Speed feat? He was chasing lions and cheetahs at this age.

That's not a speed feat. Try to find the non-existent scans and statements of Goku chasing lions and cheetahs. He did catch a skinny, probably malnourished wolf.

No Caption Provided

Prime-Okami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prime-okami said:

I can see this maybe working on Pre Roshi Goku, but post and Batman gets demolished.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61 said:
    @prime-okami said:

I can see this maybe working on Pre Roshi Goku, but post and Batman gets demolished.

Of course. Post Roshi becomes a legit low-mid tier the instant he starts training with Roshi. His feats become incredibly ridiculous. His physical strength alone would be baffling.

Prime-Okami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prime-okami said:
    @deathhero61 said:
    @prime-okami said:

Of course. Post Roshi becomes a legit low-mid tier the instant he starts training with Roshi. His feats become incredibly ridiculous. His physical strength alone would be baffling.

Seems we agree on this matter then. It is settled!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.