Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

How fast is Current Goku

• 139 results
    BlackGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How fast is he currently?

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MFTT - massively faster than time.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
    ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
    PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PurpleDeaDragon

@thedarkpaladin said:

MFTT - massively faster than time.

Anime version? as fast (and as strong) as the plot requires.

Manga version can be scaled to FTL from ssj Gotenks... which should be the minimum to keep up with a non serious Beerus.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@purpledeadragon: Well, I definitely agree that current Goku should be faster than light based on scaling from Gotenks' feats. The MFTT thing wasn't mean to be serious.

BlackGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackgoku: There's not much evidence to support it.

PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PurpleDeaDragon

@thedarkpaladin said:

@purpledeadragon: Well, I definitely agree that current Goku should be faster than light based on scaling from Gotenks' feats. THe MFTT thing wasn't mean to be serious.

I know it wasn't serious... also, I could't prepare the thread before going back to work... I got distracted by the sequel of the Monkey King movie... I couldn't help it...

No Caption Provided

BlackGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Combat Speed - Movement Speed ( Short Distances/Short Bursts )

When Goku and Beerus clashed, the resulting shockwaves traveled across the diameter of the mortal universe (which is ~100 billion light years), across the diameter of the Other World/After Life which is equal to that of the universe's, and across the Kaioshin realm which is stated to be 1/10th the diameter of the universe.

This means the shockwaves traveled over 200 billion light years all within a timeframe of 16 seconds in the episode (from 5:57 to 6:13. Dragon Ball Super Episode 12 )

This is equal to 400 quadrillion times FTL.

Yet Goku and Beerus were shown to be able to accelerate, decelerate, and react before their shockwaves could cross the distance between them during close-combat, which isn't more than a few feet.

???

BlackGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purpledeadragon: Hey, you gotta enjoy yourself, first and foremost. Just let me know whenever you make it.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@blackgoku said:

When Goku and Beerus clashed, the resulting shockwaves traveled across the diameter of the mortal universe (which is ~100 billion light years), across the diameter of the Other World/After Life which is equal to that of the universe's, and across the Kaioshin realm which is stated to be 1/10th the diameter of the universe.

This means the shockwaves traveled over 200 billion light years all within a timeframe of 16 seconds in the episode (from 5:57 to 6:13. Dragon Ball Super Episode 12 )

Yet Goku and Beerus were shown to be able to accelerate, decelerate, and react before their shockwaves could cross the distance between them during close-combat, which isn't more than a few feet.

???

The main problem with using the shockwaves to scale their speed is normal humans on Earth were also able to react to them by turning their heads before they could move few feat:

They were supposedly becoming stronger with distance, so it's not unthinkable that they were also becoming faster as well.

PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: How about now? Above?

Still no man, that calc was based on a version of the event animated by Toei, the animators made the waves in a way we could see them.

Loading Video...

And even if it were totally intended to be the way you say and were a legit feat, it would contradict his combat speed depicted in the rest of the series, making it a massive outlier.

I mean, if the waves grew in strength they could also increase their speed to reach the rest of the universe, I agree SSJ God Goku should be FTL but not to the extend you are saying.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure how this is supposed to be a combat speed feat. Is it because Goku and Beerus are supposed to be moving faster than the shockwaves?

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@blackgoku said:

???

You shouldn't use the shockwaves to try and get a speed feat.

The only one who has shown speed near that is Whis by crossing the universe in a relatively small amount of time (while carrying people). There are varying calcs floating around, most put him between 10-100 quadrillion c, using the size of the observable universe.

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
    NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least 10% lightspeed.
    No feats exist that put him over lightspeed without Kaioken, and given that we know for a 100% absolute fact that when the angels and Zeno use lightspeed, they leave a rainbow coloured trail, I'd suggest that the only time Goku ever went lightspeed was when he moved inside paused time. Dont know why everyone keeps saying he's MFTL without any proof.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least 10% lightspeed.

No feats exist that put him over lightspeed without Kaioken, and given that we know for a 100% absolute fact that when the angels and Zeno use lightspeed, they leave a rainbow coloured trail, I'd suggest that the only time Goku ever went lightspeed was when he moved inside paused time. Dont know why everyone keeps saying he's MFTL without any proof.

Beerus didn't leave a rainbow trail when he followed Whis to that random planet, and he was traveling at 3/4 of Whis speed so MFTL, so no rainbow is required for MFTL travel

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Episode Number? Dont remember which instance you're talking about, but I'm happy to rescind it if I'm wrong.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Episode Number? Dont remember which instance you're talking about, but I'm happy to rescind it if I'm wrong.

Its one of the first 4, before they meet Goku, Beerus asks Whis for some specific food and gives him 3 minutes, Whis goes to a random planet, and Beerus being impatient follows him soon after.

Another instance of MFTL flight without rainbow aura is when Beerus and Champa fight, they are going from planet to planet (MFTL) without said trail.

Kamik28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fast as the plot and the poor writing allows him to be.

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Are you talking about when Beerus gives Whis 3 minutes to acquire the dinosaur meat

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gaoron

Atleast in trillions light speed range, higher if we use shockwave feat but its iffy. There is not much good speed feats other Whis/Vados ones. If Goku finally become stronger than Whis we could scale from him.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fast enough to keep up with a suppressed beerus in a fight.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:

Atleast in trillions light speed range, higher if we use shockwave feat but its iffy. There is not much good speed feats other Whis/Vados ones. If Goku finally become stronger than Whis we could scale from him.

Beerus and Champa also have good ones, putting them easily MFTL, but hard to quantify

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded said:

@rukelnikovftw: Are you talking about when Beerus gives Whis 3 minutes to acquire the dinosaur meat

Yeah

I just watched it, you dont see Beerus travelling to that planet, he just appears.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@nemesisreloaded said:
    @rukelnikovftw said:
    @nemesisreloaded said:

Yeah

I just watched it, you dont see Beerus travelling to that planet, he just appears.

Do you see when he arrives?

EDIT: I checked it, we don't see him arriving, that instance doesn't work to prove my point

Anyway, there's also the instance of Beerus fighting Champa, no trail there

Avatar image for trebuchetcanthrow90kilogramsof
    Trebuchetcanthrow90kilogramsofstoneover300metres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"At least several quadrillions of times FTL due to power scaling."

Now if you want a serious answer, then I'll let you know now, if he was FTL then he'd be able to dodge solar flare. The current evidence isn't enough to assume Goku is FTL. However, he is massively hypersonic and has evidence for such feats. He is faster than SSJ3 Gotenks who took several laps around the earth in 29 minutes, so he's at least 810,122.1mph. So Goku is between 810,122.1 mph - 670,600,000 mph. So try to come up with your own head canon from there, because, at this point it's as good as anything else.

(Taken from NemesisReloaded's standardized feat list https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/dragon-ball-universe-1775304/dragonball-universe-standardised-feats-list-1847904/?page=1/ )

My golden rule

Combat Speed vs Travel speed is bullshit. It's an efficient way for authors to create tension when they've realized they've made their character too fast. The funniest thing is, that Authors didn't even come up with that fallacy, because they're not stupid. Calculate it yourself, how quick you can punch or run are only ever 1.15-1.5X faster than each other. This varies from person, to person, however when I took the punching speed of multiple people and their running speed, the multiplier range average (1.15-1.5X) held up, some people's running speed was even faster than their punching speed. I'm not saying this is an accurate test, it's only to prove the point that, Travel Speed and Combat speed aren't as far from each other as everyone likes to say.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"At least several quadrillions of times FTL due to power scaling."

Now if you want a serious answer, then I'll let you know now, if he was FTL then he'd be able to dodge solar flare. The current evidence isn't enough to assume Goku is FTL. However, he is massively hypersonic and has evidence for such feats. He is faster than SSJ3 Gotenks who took several laps around the earth in 29 minutes, so he's at least 810,122.1mph. So Goku is between 810,122.1 mph - 670,600,000 mph. So try to come up with your own head canon from there, because, at this point it's as good as anything else.

(Taken from NemesisReloaded's standardized feat list https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/dragon-ball-universe-1775304/dragonball-universe-standardised-feats-list-1847904/?page=1/ )

My golden rule

Combat Speed vs Travel speed is bullshit. It's an efficient way for authors to create tension when they've realized they've made their character too fast. The funniest thing is, that Authors didn't even come up with that fallacy, because they're not stupid. Calculate it yourself, how quick you can punch or run are only ever 1.15-1.5X faster than each other. This varies from person, to person, however when I took the punching speed of multiple people and their running speed, the multiplier range average (1.15-1.5X) held up, some people's running speed was even faster than their punching speed. I'm not saying this is an accurate test, it's only to prove the point that, Travel Speed and Combat speed aren't as far from each other as everyone likes to say.

Bias much?

No Caption Provided

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@trebuchetcanthrow90kilogramsof said:

@rukelnikovftw:And here comes another retard who thinks you can tell how fast someone is by looking at still images. You even debunked yourself by posting that, Piccolo says he could only stay fused for one more minute and the Anime makes it pretty clear that his flight took time.

Loading Video...

Also, Nemesis tackled this in his standardized feats list. You should check it out and educate your dumb ass.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/dragon-ball-universe-1775304/dragonball-universe-standardised-feats-list-1847904/?page=1/

Also, if you don't believe that the rotations around the earth weren't in real time then go with this: The circumference of the earth is 24,901 miles. Gotenks traveled 24,901 mi/s as he made a rotation around the earth, every second. (Count yourself.) The speed of light is 186,282 mi/s. Gotenks is still 7.48X slower than light with your highball. Good job. You failed to prove he was FTL once again.

I checked it out when it started, i don't give much credit to that thread since most feats are lowballed, this one in particular. I'll admit though nemesis has a better way of lowballing than you, you should check it and learn a thing or three ;)

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Fast enough to catch bulets.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing is lowballed in this thread https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/dragon-ball-universe-1775304/dragonball-universe-standardised-feats-list-1847904/?page=1/

PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw:And here comes another retard who thinks you can tell how fast someone is by looking at still images. You even debunked yourself by posting that, Piccolo says he could only stay fused for one more minute and the Anime makes it pretty clear that his flight took time.

Loading Video...

Also, Nemesis tackled this in his standardized feats list. You should check it out and educate your dumb ass.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/dragon-ball-universe-1775304/dragonball-universe-standardised-feats-list-1847904/?page=1/

Also, if you don't believe that the rotations around the earth weren't in real time then go with this: The circumference of the earth is 24,901 miles. Gotenks traveled 24,901 mi/s as he made a rotation around the earth, every second. (Count yourself.) The speed of light is 186,282 mi/s. Gotenks is still 7.48X slower than light with your highball. Good job. You failed to prove he was FTL once again.

Just to let you know, you used the circumference of the Earth in that calc, but Gotenks flew in bigger circles, also, you counted it like 29 minutes, but he didn't started moving right after fusing, people had a short conversation first in the lookout, and then you assume Piccolo arrived instantly after Gotenks stopped, and we know that's not the case... also, try to stick with the manga, where we can see the trails of his aura, and we know those trails don't last long.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Speed of light

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faster than time

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slower than superman thats for sure.

BlackGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lpnq: In terms of combat?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Lmao. "I don't like this thread because I think Goku is a faster than time multiverse buster" He didn't lowball whatsoever, he used math and common sense to come to reasonable calculations as to how fast characters are moving. The one calc I don't agree with is the "Goku is FTL during his fight with Hit." I covered the reasons why in my "People who use time-skip as a speed feat."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purpledeadragon:

1. Don't be an ass about that. That has to do with how drawings and panels work. Toriyama wanted to convey that Gotenks was moving around the earth, if he drew the circles closer to the earth, it would have overlapped with the other drawing (earth) and looked terrible. That's clearly due to manga limitations.

2. No we don't. That's the point, we can't tell how fast someone is moving just from a manga panel. It's a static image, unless the author specifically states how fast the character is moving, or implies it in an obvious way, such as a character catching up to a car that's said to be moving at mach 2, then there's no way of knowing that. Stop trying to use the manga to skew a characters speed, it's common sense that an anime would be more reliable than a manga when it comes to the speed of events that take place.

3. Lmao. The conversation took a maximum of 10 seconds, that's not enough to skew the measurements at all.

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LpnQ
    RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Lmao. "I don't like this thread because I think Goku is a faster than time multiverse buster" He didn't lowball whatsoever, he used math and common sense to come to reasonable calculations as to how fast characters are moving. The one calc I don't agree with is the "Goku is FTL during his fight with Hit." I covered the reasons why in my "People who use time-skip as a speed feat."

Nope

PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lpnq: Actually, joke or not. You're right.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
    deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway, there's also the instance of Beerus fighting Champa, no trail there

Are you talking about the manga or the anime, because I can't find the instance you're talking about. I know it's in the manga, but I cant find it in the anime. In the manga, he two skip between the moons of a planet somewhere. The moons are fairly close together, there's no evidence here of FTL movement. But the anime could be different, but I cant find it.

And while I know you think I'm a lowballer, I consider myself realistic, and rely on evidence.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.