Gokus weight

#1 Posted by thedemonlord (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, so Goku is stated to weigh in at 137lbs but we all know that Akira Toriyama hasn't been taking his meds for a few years. How heavy would you say Goku is if you had to guess?

#2 Posted by AlexTheBoss (8575 posts) - - Show Bio

He is 5'9" and extremely muscular. He should at the very least be 150lbs, but more likely 160-180lbs, and since he is a saiyan and arguably more dense, I could see him even being 200+lbs.

#3 Posted by Aimless (1978 posts) - - Show Bio

Even his height is questionable.I'm 5'9 and I don't tower over people like Goku does in his universe, (then again lots of people in dbz are short).

If we assume his height is accurate,then I'd say about 160-175 pounds at most.

#4 Edited by nickzambuto (27743 posts) - - Show Bio

The Japanese are so weird with their weight estimations. The same thing happens in Street Fighter, big macho muscleman Ryu is not 130 pounds.

Unfortunately size in Dragon Ball is its most inconsistent aspect. Size literally changes from scene to scene depending on who is standing next to who. 5'9 might be Goku's official height, but it's just as valid as any other height. I always pictured him at least a bit taller, probably 6 feet.

#5 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (2949 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say between 140-150

#6 Edited by AlexTheBoss (8575 posts) - - Show Bio

@aimless: You forgot that dragon ball was made by someone from Japan. 5'9" towers over most people over there, lol.

#7 Posted by thedemonlord (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Vegeta meant to be 5'3 or something originally? He seems to have gotten closer to Gokus height despite being in his 40's..

#8 Edited by removekebab (3027 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedemonlord said:

Wasn't Vegeta meant to be 5'3 or something originally? He seems to have gotten closer to Gokus height despite being in his 40's..

5'5. The concept Toriyama had for Vegeta is that he should look very small next to Nappa so as to fool people that he wasn't as strong.

Also, Goku can't weigh less than 90kg/200lbs if my dad is anything to go by.

The Japanese are so weird with their weight estimations. The same thing happens in Street Fighter, big macho muscleman Ryu is not 130 pounds.

Unfortunately size in Dragon Ball is its most inconsistent aspect. Size literally changes from scene to scene depending on who is standing next to who. 5'9 might be Goku's official height, but it's just as valid as any other height. I always pictured him at least a bit taller, probably 6 feet.

No Caption Provided

Keeping proportions consistent in animation is pretty hard, most of the time you'll be getting incorrect proportions that kinda work if you know wich character is supposed to taller/bulkier than the others. They tend to exaggerate it so it's easy to notice(pic)

But yeah I always pictured Goku a bit taller than he is too, about 180cm(idk how much that is in feet)

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
#9 Posted by NemesisReloaded (705 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure Gokus height is based on Jackie Chan, Toriyamas favourite martial arts star. His weight is more like Bruce Lee's though.

Vegeta is either supposed to be 5'5" or 5'6" but he is never ever drawn that tall. He's more like 5'2". I tried to figure out how tall Hit was once and I had to pick between a height comparison with Vegeta or one with Goku. They drew Vegeta like a homonculus that episode, so I went with Goku. IIRC Hit would be 6'8".

#10 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (2949 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely this, Vegeta during Saiyan and Namek sagas is closer to Krillins height than Goku's, but by Buu's arc he grew like 3 or 4 inches :S

No Caption Provided
#11 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (18561 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Goku's weight makes absolutely no sense considering his height and build.

#12 Posted by lettsplay10 (20588 posts) - - Show Bio

about 2 kilos

#13 Posted by thedemonlord (115 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Did Akira mean lbs or kilograms?

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
#14 Edited by midnightdragon18 (9224 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by JohnCena69swag (2425 posts) - - Show Bio

He was probably 137 at like end of db

#16 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (2949 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Bluejay4 (3908 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedemonlord:

In the UFC, there's some pretty jacked WW's. In fact, the current Welterweight champ is 5'9 and is super shredded. The guy walks around at around 200 flat in off season and when he cuts down to 170 he looks like a DBZ character. Super thick.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.