Faster than light fight coming up soon in DBS.

• 89 results
#1 Posted by Scotchbear (521 posts) - - Show Bio

No more low balling.

Episode 104

Spoilers

A faster than light fight begins.

Suck it DB downplayer.

It's like toriyama and them are purposely giving Goku more high end abilities to show he is one of the best imaginary fighters. Better than a certain super someone.

Goku

-Can contribute to universe busting if not do it on his own

-Mftl

-Resisted an existence erasing attack

-Can survive with his organs turned to mush

#2 Posted by MainJP (1320 posts) - - Show Bio

Lul.

#3 Posted by SeaGod (2349 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear: It may just be hyperbole about a FTL fight. Until the fight is seen they may have just been saying its a quick paced fight and used FTL to describe it to draw in viewers.

#4 Posted by greenarrow5476 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this relevant?

#5 Edited by Skrskr (1324 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear: when did goku resist a existence erasing attack? Or survive his organs turned to mush?

#6 Posted by greenarrow5476 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@skrskr: I think he's talking about when Omni-king destroyed the universe in a future timeline although Goku never "survived" it he left before it got erased.

#7 Posted by MainJP (1320 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenarrow5476: I thought he might be referring to the time Goku revived himself after dying to Hit after having his heart stopped, though obviously his organs were never "turned to mush".

#8 Edited by Perethorn (6120 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, i'm just gonna sit and type: FTL speed has been present in DB since Namek saga.

Let's see what happens...

#9 Edited by Superhero24 (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

Ftl has been in dragon ball long before this.

#10 Posted by Skrskr (1324 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenarrow5476: I think he is talking about goku standing inside the ball of energy from sidra, which isn't a hakai so it wouldn't be existence erasing, just a ball of energy as seen when it blew up after beerus blew it off.

Mush organs has to be when hit made his heart stop, but he didn't turn it to mush so idk what he's talking about there either

#11 Edited by Scotchbear (521 posts) - - Show Bio

@skrskr: the energy of destruction sphere. It was an existence erasing attack. As sidra directly says it would erase frieza and that anyone hit by it wouldn't go to other world they would just not exist. Also the dog guy says begone from existence frieza right after he is hit by it.

The organs turned to mush is a reference to when Goku gets impaled through the chest by black. Who then after a brief fight with Goku impales him several more times.

This shows Goku can at the least fight and survive with a collapsed lung, possibly even an impaled heart.

#12 Posted by Gaoron (2522 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

#13 Posted by Scotchbear (521 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24: I know I agree with that. but it's like the specifically addressing it.

You people keep saying goku isn't faster than light even though we've shown him being fast enough to move during stopped time.

Fine here we'll say it is directly faster than light.

#14 Posted by Superhero24 (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear:

This happens mostly on comic vine. He is ftl possibly mftl. They say all his feats like that are debateable, but then use the most debatable feats from Superman. It's double standard. You cant reason with some people.

#15 Posted by thedemonlord (131 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how people ignore the fact that goku made 4 "copies" of himself in dragonball. Someone should work out how fast you'd have to move, in order to leave an afterimage of yourself. Good speed feat imo.

#16 Edited by Skrskr (1324 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear: no it wasn't, he said no one that was hit by that would leave unscathed.

He was an energy attack just a powerful one since it was sidras, it did nothing like hakai did.

And even when beerus blows it off it blows up....like an energy attack.

You have no idea where the blade entered, or where the smaller ones entered you are just reaching for cool feats lol

I'm called a db wanker a lot on the vine but you are just grasping at straws.

#17 Posted by Scotchbear (521 posts) - - Show Bio

@skrskr: no idea where the blades entered? It clearly shows where they pierce him. It hits him in the left upper chest area first. Near his heart, at the very least it collapsed his left lung and damaged his heart.

He says that anyone hit by it wouldn't escape unscathed and that they would cease to exist and wouldn't go to otherworld.

That's an existence erasing attack plain and simple.

#18 Posted by Scotchbear (521 posts) - - Show Bio

@skrskr: just rewatch. The smaller blades hit 4 in his upper chest, one center. Two in the upper left chest, one in the upper right chest. One is also in his shoulder behind him and one in his leg.

#19 Posted by PhantomRant (697 posts) - - Show Bio

hope you know that an anime episode titled "faster than light battle" is nowhere near evidence for FTL combat speed. it's just hype/figure of speech that a battle anime like dragon ball like to use for an exciting high-speed fight.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
#20 Posted by midnightdragon18 (9340 posts) - - Show Bio

they've been ftl since namek

no big deal

#21 Posted by greenarrow5476 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@skrskr: Oh well that's far from 'existence erasing"

#22 Edited by Scotchbear (521 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenarrow5476: watch the scene. He literally saws it destroys their existence. How has everyone forgot that line?

https://youtu.be/UmCni81ULhE

Skip to :40 seconds into the video

#23 Posted by temporary (85 posts) - - Show Bio

sidra even says he erase existence and you will not go to otherworld, ftl speed present in namek saga already

#24 Edited by greenarrow5476 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear: Thank you for confirming the hakai has its limits and it's clearly isn't existence erasing I highly doubt hakai would work on Zen-Oh anywho it's impressive.

#25 Edited by Scotchbear (521 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenarrow5476: how is it clearly not existence erasing?

I'm not saying it doesn't have limits or that it'd work on Zeno. I just said Goku resisted an exitence erasing attack.

#26 Edited by grappolo (1963 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok...

#27 Posted by deathmetal (306 posts) - - Show Bio

lol people are already saying it's a hyperbole and just a title, universe crumbles was also a title and it did happen.

#28 Posted by Firestorm808 (229 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Blaredevil (262 posts) - - Show Bio

it already exists though

#30 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestorm808: I do. FTL reactions/combat speed during that fight

#31 Posted by Firestorm808 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@rukelnikovftw:

It's highly likely during the SSJ Goku VS 100% Final Form Frieza part.

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
#32 Edited by PurpleDeaDragon (731 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarkpaladin@alextheboss@emperorthanos@jaycool2Thoughts on this? personally I would be happy if they finally confirm Low God Tier Characters like Super Saiyan Blue Goku or Hit are faster than light, I mean, the scaling already puts them there, but if Beerus, Whis or any of Old Kaioshin flat out state it then that would be a giant gift for Comic Vine and Dragon Ball Fans, we will stop with the Wank of millions of times FTL Goku and the lowball of only hypersonic Goku...

Then again, this is only the anime, but I am sure Toyotaro will mention this if the idea really came from Toriyama...

#33 Posted by AlexTheBoss (8939 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, i'm just gonna sit and type: FTL speed has been present in DB since Namek saga.

Let's see what happens...

No it hasn't.

#34 Posted by AlexTheBoss (8939 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon: I already thought god tiers may be FTL so it doesn't really surprise me. I wouldn't mind FTL feats. I just don't think they are FTL in Z which many claim.

#35 Posted by jaycool2 (8487 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon: meh. I don't care much. If there's a legit FTL feat in DB it'll be fine with me. Though i feel like a lot of controversy would surround it for some reason imo.

#36 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (731 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon: I already thought god tiers may be FTL so it doesn't really surprise me. I wouldn't mind FTL feats. I just don't think they are FTL in Z which many claim.

I used to think that as well, but after some thinking and debate I now believe they are just relativistic at best in Z, and only the likes of Super Buuhan, SSj 3 Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan and Vegetto... ssj 3 Goku would be massive Hypersonic for me...

but this would prove the likes of Beerus and other Gods of Destruction are much faster than Light, not reaching massive Faster than Light thought, that would be the Angels maybe...

#37 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (731 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaycool2 said:

@purpledeadragon: meh. I don't care much. If there's a legit FTL feat in DB it'll be fine with me. Though i feel like a lot of controversy would surround it for some reason imo.

No Caption Provided

Well, quantifiable feats are unlikely, but statements about the battle from Beerus, Whis or the likes would be good too... I only wish Toyotaro displays something similar when the manga reaches that point.

Avatar image for darkerrrrrrrrrr
#38 Posted by darkerrrrrrrrrr (52 posts) - - Show Bio

ftl has been in dragon ball for so long now lmao

#39 Posted by Scotchbear (521 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkerrrrrrrrrr: yes but an episode where they clearly have whis or someone mention "they are moving so much faster than light right now that surpreme Kai can't see them anymore" etc

#40 Posted by MainJP (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by SuperGoku17 (2065 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by darkerrrrrrrrrr (52 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by MainJP (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by darkerrrrrrrrrr (52 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by MainJP (1320 posts) - - Show Bio

its been around since the namek saga

There isn't a single light speed feat in the Namek arc.

#46 Posted by darkerrrrrrrrrr (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@mainjp said:
@darkerrrrrrrrrr said:

its been around since the namek saga

There isn't a single light speed feat in the Namek arc.

Re-watch it

#47 Posted by MainJP (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Firestorm808 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@purpledeadragon:

Is that a mistranslation?

I also found this translation. Which one is the correct one?

Loading Video...

#49 Posted by MainJP (1320 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestorm808: Here's what Herms on Twitter had to say about it.

#50 Posted by Firestorm808 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@mainjp:

Well... This changes how SSJ 1-3/G/B scales with speed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.