Dragon Ball Broly Dimension feat

#1 Posted by EmperorThanos- (15789 posts) - - Show Bio

So I was discussing this with some other but I wanted to see what people think about this feat. So during Broly's fight with Gogeta the two of them blast each other with enough power to send themselves into another dimension and then later the two clash with each other and shatter said dimension

Here's the light novel description

Energy containing the might of a different dimension collides between the two. A flash of light surges as a silent explosion expanded. The next instant, Gogeta and Broly found themselves within a dimension of swirling strange lights. The boundary of the dimension could not withstand the energy released by them and got torn apart

So I was wonder what people's thoughts on this feat were, and how they would quantify it. I have seen pretty varied opinions.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
#2 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9214 posts) - - Show Bio

It means they are finally strong enough to take on GT Goku in base form. ;)

After the second time I watched, I thought the dimension was destroyed but that light novel text makes it seem like they were just breaking through dimensional walls during the fight.

#3 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18172 posts) - - Show Bio

Does the light novel say anything about the clash between Broly and Gogeta that brought them back to Earth?

#4 Edited by EmperorThanos- (15789 posts) - - Show Bio

@majinblackheart said:

It means they are finally strong enough to take on GT Goku in base form. ;)

After the second time I watched, I thought the dimension was destroyed but that light novel text makes it seem like they were just breaking through dimensional walls during the fight.

Buy the novel please. Can get it translated better.

#5 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9214 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9214 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok it's on the slow boat from Japan I'll let you all know when I get it and translate.

#7 Posted by EmperorThanos- (15789 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok it's on the slow boat from Japan I'll let you all know when I get it and translate.

Thanks mate.

#8 Posted by Zannrebel (26 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: A complete translation of the gogeta vs broly is already up on narutoforums.

#9 Posted by EmperorThanos- (15789 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: A complete translation of the gogeta vs broly is already up on narutoforums.

that's the naruto forums one but I don't know how accurate it is.

#10 Posted by Zannrebel (26 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: MShadows the guy who translated it does understand Japanese if that helps at all.

#11 Posted by zoldycklogic (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos-: @emperorthanos-: If the biundaries of said dimension can not withstand their energy. Meaning the whole dimension was destroyed.

#12 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5344 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no Idea.

#13 Posted by Scotchbear (2092 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: this is what’s important, because the animation when they escape back to earth is different than when they break into the dimension.

#15 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18172 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: this is what’s important, because the animation when they escape back to earth is different than when they break into the dimension.

When ssj Gogeta and ssj Broly clash they obviously didn’t destroy the reality they live in, just the dimensional barrier. The clash that brought them back to earth looks more like the dimension that clashed in as SSB Gogeta and lssj Broly could have been destroyed.

#16 Posted by Straja (663 posts) - - Show Bio

The real question should be how much energy is enough to destroy dimensional barrier? And also how is their clash comparable to beerus vs goku? In BoG side effects of battle thretaned to destroy universe but in Broly movie they broke dimensional barrier and that is what i do not understand...

#17 Posted by Lordragoon (98 posts) - - Show Bio

The novel already been translated at narutoforums. It also accepted as well since no one else came to refute the translations. Ssj broly and ssj gogeta can bust dimensions outside of the universe.

#18 Edited by Devilmenworks (719 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it is as impressive as some people seem to think it is. The Z Fighters and villains were able to break through dimensions during Fusion Saga (Buu Arc). Super Buu did and later SSJ3 Gotenks broke the dimensional barrier.

The only difference is that the Z Fighters are far more powerful and they should dimension bust more often but don't due to plot reasons or Akira Toriyama forgetting this ability.

#19 Posted by Lordragoon (98 posts) - - Show Bio

This feat >>> any feat in DBZ. The feat of buu collapsing the universe is not even cannon. Also the feat of gotenks and buu ripping a hole in the dimension doesn't even compares to this since they shattered the dimension at the end of their clash. Shattering a dimension out side of the universe >>> ripping a little whole with vice shout.

#20 Posted by Lordragoon (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Analaza did similar feat compared to gotenks and buu when he literaly ripped a small hole in reality by just punching. Even that feat > better than the buu saga feat.

#21 Posted by Gaoron (7865 posts) - - Show Bio

Without the size of those dimensions we can't really say. And it's not like it's the first time dimensional stuff like that happened. Toei fell in love with those stuff after Toriyama first shown Buu/Gotenks yelling a dimensional portal, Vegeta destroyed RoSaT dimension twice, GT Goku destroyed dimension, whole deal with Buu crashing alternate dimensions, Goku and Jiren breaking Hit dimension, Anilaza warping space with his punches, Kale and Caulifa destroyed dimension of that chick pride trooper aswell. It happenns all the time but without concrete size those feats are pretty much useless (except as a BFR counter I guess).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.