Dora Milaje (The Adored Ones)
These young women are the King's body guards/concomitants. The order was established to promote harmony between
Wakanda's 18 rival tribe factions. They also perform the role as the King's deadliest bodyguards & are some of the most deadliest warriors Wakanda has to offer.
During the events of World's Apart, T'Challa's Dora Milaje, like many other Wakandans, were deceived into attacking Storm and Nezhno due to the Shadow King's manipulations. As Storm and Nezhno fled the capital city and hid in the jungle, the Dora's attacked without mercy. Utilizing their expert fighting skills, the Dora's fought Storm in close quarters, forcing the mutant Queen to defend herself and not giving her enough time to use her powers. Storm begged Nezhno for help, but out of fear he initially did nothing to defend himself or Storm. Storm noted that to Nezhno, striking one of the Dora Milaje was like striking the Black Panther himself. Finally, as the Dora's came close to killing Storm, Nezhno finally used his powers to subdue one of the Dora's. Seeing her opportunity, Storm managed to summon the wind and hurled the other Dora into a tree, effectively neutralizing the two women.
The Road to DoomWar
After T'Challa, then still the Black Panther, declined joining the Cabal, Dr. Doom launched a sneak attack on him and his Dora Milaje. In order to save the life of their king, the two Doras sacrificed their own lives so that T'Challa could escape alive. During his recovery process, T'Challa then repurposed the Dora Milaje into his own private armed force.
At 500 strong, the Dora Milaje, lead by Mistress Aneka helped T'Challa battle the combined forces of Doom and the rebellious Desturi. Upon entering Wakanda, the Dora fought against 80,000 Wakandan soldiers, allowing for T'Challa, Shuri, and the X-men to fight their way into Royal Palace. Eventually, with the help of many other loyal Wakandans, the Dora were able to overcome the Desturi armed forces and help liberate Wakanda.
Afterwards, the Dora were separated into groups, each accompanying Storm, Shuri, and the Fantastic Four around the world in order to retrieve the vibranium that Dr. Doom had stolen. During the many battles, the Dora faced vibranium powered Doombots and many Dora lost their lives.
A special wetworks team of Dora Milaje were assembled by T'Challa and were given weapons and armor equipped with shadow-physics (a unique form of science heavily developed by T'Challa). These elite Dora Milaje broke into Doom's Castle and aided Deadpool in the fight against Dr. Doom.
Azzari's Dora Milaje
T'Challa grandfather, King Azzari the Wise, also had his own Dora MIlaje. During the events of World War II, Azzari and his Dora Milaje encountered Namor, who fought with the Allies. Namor attacked them several times, but after being subdued each time, he realized that the Azzari and his Dora's were to be trusted. Later on in the war, with the aid of Captain America and the Howling Commandos, they aided Azzari in defending Wakanda from the Red Skull and his Nazi forces. Red Skull wished to steal Wakanda's vibranium and use it for his own evil intentions but failed.
- The Dora Milaje appear in the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes episodes "Welcome to Wakanda, Panther's Quest," "Infiltration" and "Behold...The Vision!"
- The Dora Milaje appear in the Avengers Assemble episode "Panther's Rage." They assist the Avengers in defeating Klaw, who is trying to steal the country's vibranium.
- Okoye was featured as a the subject of a Marvel Legends Build-a-Figure wave from Hasbro, which could be completed by purchasing each of the corresponding figures in the wave (Black Panther, Erik Killmonger, Nakia, All-New, All-Different Iron Man, Black Bolt and Namor).
- Okoye was featured in Funko's Pop! line of bobblehead.
- Okoye was featured in a set of Disney Store figurines.
- Okoye was featured in Lego's line for the Black Panther movie.
- A Dora Milaje member was included in Hasbro's Marvel Legends line as part of the M'Baku Build-a-Figure wave. The figure came with multiple heads to create various members of the group.