Follow

Doomsday

Character » Doomsday appears in 548 issues.

Doomsday is a seemingly unstoppable behemoth who adapts his physical form to overcome and destroy anything or anyone in his path. He is best known for being the murderer of Superman in the "Death of Superman" storyline.

Is Doomsdays power that special?

darkningdawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkningdawn

Im not talking about his strength,speed,durability,those are standard super powers (albiet at a very high level) but what sets Doomsday apart is his power to come back to life,and not be able to be killed the same way twice. 
    Now in the real world that may be something,but he's a comic book character and how many comic book characters never die to begin with,and of the few that do die almost all of them are coming back anyways,also how many comic book characters have ever died the same way twice..im guessing none. 

Basically a comic book character with the power to come back to life,and not be killed the same way twice is like a cartoon character that can withstand falling anvils.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2  Edited By The_Martian
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Thor's hammmer

don't sayains have a sayain gene that is similar in a way when beaten they become stronger
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Eventually there will be no way to kill him. So I'd say its a great ability.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Edamame said:
    " @Gambler said:
    " Eventually there will be no way to kill him. So I'd say its a great ability. "
    I reckon that reality warping or magic could do something to Doomsday.  "
    Possibly, but Doomsday also has reactive adaptation. Also, if Magic could do something you'd think one of the magic users in the DCU would have already tried it. Especially when he ran through the JLA and killed Superman.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ImperiousRix

@Gambler said:

" @Edamame said:
    " @Gambler said:
    " Eventually there will be no way to kill him. So I'd say its a great ability. "
    Possibly, but Doomsday also has reactive adaptation. Also, if Magic could do something you'd think one of the magic users in the DCU would have already tried it. Especially when he ran through the JLA and killed Superman. "

Exactly.  It seems the only way to stop Doomsday is to contain  or expel him into some relatively difficult to escape areat rather than fight or incapacitate him, and that's proven to be a lot more trouble than it sounds.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Edamame said:
    " @Gambler said:
    " @Edamame said:
    " @Gambler said:
    Possibly, but Doomsday also has reactive adaptation. Also, if Magic could do something you'd think one of the magic users in the DCU would have already tried it. Especially when he ran through the JLA and killed Superman. "
    Well, someone like Mad Jim Jaspers can just will Doomsday not to exist. Then that would be it. LOL "
    Possibly. But like the OP says, most comicbook characters come back anyway. Doomsday was even sent so far into the future that he reached the end of time and eventually came back. Even if JJ willed him out of existence he would still find a way to come back/be reborn. Reality warping seldom has a lasting effect in comics. Wanda Maximoff "willed" Hawkeye out of existence in HoM and he came back...
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Edamame said:
    " @Gambler: : ( "
    LOL I'm only speculating. I'm sure there are ways of keeping him down :P
    monsterstudio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By monsterstudio

Dc does have some lame powers 
    Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is this power said?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.