Follow

Doomsday

Character » Doomsday appears in 548 issues.

Doomsday is a seemingly unstoppable behemoth who adapts his physical form to overcome and destroy anything or anyone in his path. He is best known for being the murderer of Superman in the "Death of Superman" storyline.

Doomsday query

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know this isn't a battle but its battle oriented and it the busiest forum. Just how fast does doomsday adapt in a fight,,I frequently debate a kid who says the doomsday "will instantly absorb the abilities of his opponent". I thought this happened as the fight went on? Reactive adaptation is something I'm aware of, but since when does doomsday straight up absorb abilities? Did I miss something cause last time I checked he never absorbed abilities only evolved ways to thwart it or protect himself from them.

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends. H/P doomsday was adapting almost instantly.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bane_of_sith

@hyperviper97: but he doesn't absorb abilities right? I'm in a debate with someone saying he absorbs the opponents abilities instantly,,I've never seen him do that,,only adapt defenses and ways the overcome them..when he fought MM he developed fire breathing and immunity but he didnt steal j'onns ability to use telepathy ..

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I know this isn't a battle but its battle oriented and it the busiest forum. Just how fast does doomsday adapt in a fight,,I frequently debate a kid who says the doomsday "will instantly absorb the abilities of his opponent". I thought this happened as the fight went on? Reactive adaptation is something I'm aware of, but since when does doomsday straight up absorb abilities? Did I miss something cause last time I checked he never absorbed abilities only evolved ways to thwart it or protect himself from them.

You're right and your friend is wrong. Ask him to give one example of Doomsday doing that.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: thank you!! I've asked him to list an example but he won't he says "I'm not doing research or you, read a comic sometime" it's frustrating,,btw he's just some a-hole not a friend lol,,,thanks

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

H/P Doomsday adapted almost instantly, even developing new offensive capabilities on the fly.

The next 'version' of Doomsday could also copy/absorb the abilities of others, like he copied Steels ability to fly, among other things.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bane_of_sith

@sirmethos: I know he adapts ways to protect or thwart opponents but I've never seen him steal abilities,,in his fight with steel didnt he adapt flight to help him win not necessarily absorb or steal it? In order to keep up he evolved flight. plus isn't the doomsday that fought steel in reign of doomsday a clone? Not the original DD? Iirc he evolved armor an ways of stopping nano bots but didnt steal powers directly? The real doomsday was in a coma during that fight,,a god like powered version of lex Luthor created a few different versions of him while he was comatose after being killed by the kndorians.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@bane_of_sith:

The person your debating with is incorrect. Doomsday's ability to evolve on the fly is suspect.

Also Doomsday did not copy Steel's armor, there were 4 clones of Doomsday that were augmented to mimic the powers of Superboy, Steel, The Erradicator and Hank Henshaw.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.