Follow

Domino

Character » Domino appears in 2315 issues.

Domino is a skilled mutant mercenary who possesses the ability to manipulate probability in her favor, giving the effect of incredible luck.

Domino power?

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By mavfan626

Domino has luck powers right? but how lucky do you think she really is? is she so lucky that she can make cars explode at will? if someone has a grenade on them can she make that explode at will? are the odds in her favor that much that much?

Boogiepop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Boogiepop

Domino's luck power depends alot on the writer, but here are examples of how it works.

First of all, traditionally she never misses when she shoots because of her luck. And, if she sees someone pull a gun on her, her luck power also goes into effect. This has lead to everything from her dodging the bullet by moving just in the right place to avoid the bullet, to one time in which there was a gun right next to her head which misfired. Another time, she was fighting Deathstrike and blew up the building they were in. Domino knew she would move in just the right way to avoid any harm from the explosion due to her luck, but Deathstrike would not.

As I recall, there was an extreme example of her power where she was facing a Sentinel and needed lightning to strike the Sentinel, and so it did.

However, in recent years, like in Kyle and Yost's X-Force series, there were times in which her luck power didn't work. The reasoning for this hasn't been explored (that I know of) though, because Domino hasn't been a major character much since their X-Force run.

I hope I'm explaining this well though. It's such an odd power, and depends so much on what the writer thinks would be a cool use for her power, that it's hard to explain. But basically things just naturally go her way to help her.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Gischler's brought the luck thing back up in Security Recon/X-Men, when some military men snuck up on her and his gun got jammed. Or, when she was supposedly "killed" by that Sentinel and came back to life.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.