Follow

Domino

Character » Domino appears in 2315 issues.

Domino is a skilled mutant mercenary who possesses the ability to manipulate probability in her favor, giving the effect of incredible luck.

Domino in Wolverine and the X-Men

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By N7_Normandy

Why did they make her part of the Brotherhood of Mutants?  Wouldn't it have made more sense if she had been on the X-men instead?  I'm not sure why did this?  Maybe they didn't want to confuse non comic readers by placing unfamiliar members on the X-men team?  What do you guys think?  

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By N7_Normandy

anyone care to weigh in?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

Give people a chance to answer before you bump your own thread.

She was fighting for what she believed in.  She'd joined the X-Men in the future timeline though.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

alternate reality, plain and simple. the "why" it wasn't like the comics could be applied to next to every detail in the series.
    answer: altu with its own number designated by Marvel and all.  

i'm also only going on a guess here but character development. the show was planned for much longer.
    they likely needed a starting point for new viewers, and one that would establish a checkered past right of the bat.
    mercenary,ect. doesnt actually tend to hold a lot of water in cartoons, since most times it against the ratings to
    commit the acts, so if you pay attention in most TAS type cartoons the character is usually shown right away
    doing an act that could be held against them from then on out and setting the darker character tone. 
    rule #1 of anything on film: if it didnt happen on screen it doesn't exist.

just a guess there like i said, i dont hang out with the shows producers (though the artist has a blog
    although i understand he might be somewhat ticked about the way he got jerked around on that project, imo)

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

No one's characterisation in Wolverine and the X-Men made sense lol. Just accept it for what it was; dumb, very dumb fun.

zeroisnotloser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By zeroisnotloser

it wasen t dumb just diffrent
    agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By agent9149
    @FadeToBlackBolt: it made very much sense to me
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @agent9149: Cyclops, who is generally recognised to be one of, if not, the best pilot in the Marvel Universe, never flies the Blackbird. Huh!?
    Rogue has an Elektra complex. Wolverine is the leader (sighs). I have no problem with him being the main character, but the leader? Come on. Juggernaut appears once, and is punked out by some nightmare-wielding 8 year old. Silver Samurai took out all of the X-Men. 

I haven't watched the series in ages, because when I feel like X-Men animated shows, I just watch the 90s one now. I know there was more that annoyed me though. 

The only things they did right were;
    Scott/Emma
    Nightcrawler/Scarlet Witch
    MRD storyline
    Rover
    agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By agent9149
    @FadeToBlackBolt:  
    cyclops was throwing a tantrum throughout the whole season because of Ms. Jean going mia so he was on a loose tangent
    and wolverine being a leader gives great dramatic foil and conflict while also throwing in some comedy effect
    rogue having a elektra complex....i am lost by what you mean..are you referring to Freud complex or just comparing her to the character elektra

overall its a kid show on nickelodeon they cant get to technical....
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @agent9149 said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt:   cyclops was throwing a tantrum throughout the whole season because of Ms. Jean going mia so he was on a loose tangent and wolverine being a leader gives great dramatic foil and conflict while also throwing in some comedy effect rogue having a elektra complex....i am lost by what you mean..are you referring to Freud complex or just comparing her to the character elektra  overall its a kid show on nickelodeon they cant get to technical.... "
    Elektra complex in a Freudian sense. She had a weird relationship with Wolverine going on. Cyclops throwing a tantrum was totally out of character too. They just wanted to push him aside so Logan could lead. What about Storm though? She's no Scott when it comes to leadership, but she's still a much better leader than Logan. Again, I'm not bashing Wolverine and I have no problem with him being the star, he's just not a leader. I spent the entire series thinking "Oh my God, would you all shut the **** up". That's hardly an enjoyable show.
    agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By agent9149
    @FadeToBlackBolt: the relationship with wolverine is like a big brother to a little sister...its seen alot in the animations, movies, and comics..i see it no where as far (or disturbing as)  the Electra complex...wolverine is a more popular character than storm so he would be used first before her.........i really enjoyed watching the show alot but i understand what you are talking about though..theres one episode from the season i couldnt finish watch because their was too much wolverine and i was growing tired..shame there isnt a second season coming out though i was hoping for a deeper involved with the other characters
     oh and i think throwing a tantrum is very much in character with scott when it comes to jean but the tantrums dont usually last for that long..the most ive seen the tantrums last in the comics is like 2 issues which is like 1 episode in tv time
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @agent9149: He doesn't really throw a tantrum. He usually gets mad, blasts a hole in an alien ship or something, is depressed for a few days, acknowledges her passing and moves on. He doesn't sit around moping. Even if he is down, he'd never turn away from helping someone who needed him.

Rogue and Wolverine usually have that sort of relationship, but it was way weirder in WatXM. I can't remember exactly what, but she stared at him longingly a few times or something akin to that. It was off.
    agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By agent9149
    @FadeToBlackBolt: yeaa they kinda of over exaggerate his moodiness..sometimes to point it gets annyoing.......it must have been the animation...sometimes in cartoons its hard to express complex emotions with simple art
    zeroisnotloser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zeroisnotloser
    @FadeToBlackBolt:
    cyclops trowing a tantrum is not a out a charecter example friken messiah complex
    BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By BuddyBulson
    @zeroisnotloser:  I feel like Scott & Logan played roll reversals in this show, Scott being the man in search of something while he broods. Logan taking the helm as a leader. I thought it was very well dont and not TOO out of character for the two. I think the show was done very well and we all know it wasnt over when it ended, so we will never know how good it could have been. 
    zeroisnotloser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zeroisnotloser

ya the whole reverese was not that good
    Ladyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ladyspider

As much as Rogue's relationship put an anchor on her character I thought her relationship with Domino was great. Plus I kinda saw something there. So much subtext there.  We  have scenes of Rogue and Domino hand holding, looking into each other's eyes, and when Rogue goes to rejoin the X-Men... Domino looks like she was about to convince Rogue to stay with the Brotherhood with a kiss.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Mercy_

I liked her characterization.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#19  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Ladyspider said:
    " As much as Rogue's relationship put an anchor on her character I thought her relationship with Domino was great. Plus I kinda saw something there. So much subtext there.  We  have scenes of Rogue and Domino hand holding, looking into each other's eyes, and when Rogue goes to rejoin the X-Men... Domino looks like she was about to convince Rogue to stay with the Brotherhood with a kiss. "
    Or you're making something up for your own pleasure... 

Since Mystique wasn't a large figure in Rogue's life, they substituted Mystique for Domino.  She was the same dominating, but caring older female figure who was willing to use Rogue as a weapon.  Just as Mystique had done originally.
    Ladyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ladyspider
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Ladyspider said:
    " As much as Rogue's relationship put an anchor on her character I thought her relationship with Domino was great. Plus I kinda saw something there. So much subtext there.  We  have scenes of Rogue and Domino hand holding, looking into each other's eyes, and when Rogue goes to rejoin the X-Men... Domino looks like she was about to convince Rogue to stay with the Brotherhood with a kiss. "
    Or you're making something up for your own pleasure...  Since Mystique wasn't a large figure in Rogue's life, they substituted Mystique for Domino.  She was the same dominating, but caring older female figure who was willing to use Rogue as a weapon.  Just as Mystique had done originally. "
    Okay maybe I am maybe I'm not. They could have easily put Mystique in the Brotherhood. They've put her any other cartoon or movie. She was in the show.  
    But I didn't see Domino as a overly dominating figured. She at least appeared to have a close bond with her.
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@fadetoblackbolt: what is wrong with Rogue being in love with Logan why can"t W/R fans have anything it is romy this romy that romy fans are so selfish it makes me sick.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.