In this issue...
VASTRA, JENNY AND STRAX TAKE CENTRE STAGE IN THE NEW ISSUE OF DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE!
DWM talks exclusively to the actors who have brought the Paternoster Gang to life: Neve McIntosh, Catrin Stewart and Dan Starkey.
“It’s crazy, how everyone knows where we’re going to be filming,” Neve tells DWM. “When we were doing Peter Capaldi’s first one, we went out nice and early in the morning, and there was one person there. And then you turned around and suddenly there was a whole load of people.”
“Peter himself wasn’t there, of course,” adds Dan, “cos his first actual filming was in the studio that afternoon, which was really exciting.”
“Oh, God, it was amazing watching him,” says Neve.
“And seeing it grow – seeing it happen – and occasionally having these flashes of going, ‘Ah! That reminds me of Tom Baker! Actually, no! That’s the Doctor…”
Also in this issue:
- DWM pays tribute to the life and times of the Kate O'Mara, the actress who played the Rani in Doctor Who during the 1980s.
- Former script editor Andrew Cartmel talks to the writers he employed on Doctor Who's silver anniversary season back in 1988: Ben Aaronovitch, Graeme Curry and Stephen Wyatt.
- Terrance Dicks – script editor, writer and novelist supreme – talks about his work on Doctor Who in the 60s and 70s.
- Showrunner Steven Moffat answers readers’ questions in his regular column.
- The Fact of Fiction takes a detailed look at the 1977 Fourth Doctor adventure, The Talons of Weng-Chiang.
- The Crystal Throne – a brand new comic strip adventure starring Vastra, Jenny and Strax.
- The Time Team watch the Tenth Doctor and Donna meet Agatha Christie in 2008's The Unicorn and the Wasp.
- Jacqueline Rayner and her family take a trip to see a new police box in Relative Dimensions.
- The Watcher poses more questions and reveals dubious secrets from the archives in Wotcha!
- Reviews and previews of the latest CDs and books.
- The DWM crossword, prize-winning competitions and much more!