Follow

Doctor Strange

Character » Doctor Strange appears in 4904 issues.

Dr. Stephen Strange was once a gifted but egotistical surgeon who sought out the Ancient One to heal his hands after they were wounded in a car accident. Instead, the Ancient One trained him to become Master of the Mystic Arts and the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth.

Who was/is the best Doctor Strange author of All-Time (and why)?

TheOGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheOGeek

I would be interested in taking the temperature of this forum (the closest thing to certified Dr. Strange aficionados on the planet, right(?)).

I won't do a poll because I don't want to leave anyone out...and if the MCU version is your favorite, say that one!

Best, ___Mark (The O.G.eek!)

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By jrupert1

@andromeda101 said:

Steve Englehart and Roy Thomas, easily.

They're responsible for creating some of the most important characters, stories and mythos in Strange's lore aside from Stan/Ditko. I still rank the Shuma-Gorath storyline as one of the best arcs ever, even these days.

Knew I could count on you to post my opinion, pretty much word for word. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Steve Englehart and Roy Thomas, easily.

They're responsible for creating some of the most important characters, stories and mythos in Strange's lore aside from Stan/Ditko. I still rank the Shuma-Gorath storyline as one of the best arcs ever, even these days. Mark Waid's been a pretty good writer, too. At least compared to when Aaron took over, of course

Roger Stern?

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He's up there as well, yes. The problem with him is that while Stern wrote some stellar comics about Strange, he was also responsible for a few stinky piles of garbage like the whole return of Dracula.

You should make a list here on CV ranking the writers or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.