Follow

Doctor Strange

Character » Doctor Strange appears in 4908 issues.

Dr. Stephen Strange was once a gifted but egotistical surgeon who sought out the Ancient One to heal his hands after they were wounded in a car accident. Instead, the Ancient One trained him to become Master of the Mystic Arts and the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth.

Who wants Dr Strange to return to his old "Classic" self?

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
    deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

Do you mean Sorcerer Supreme self or classic over powered take down eternity self?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Dernman said:

Do you mean Sorcerer Supreme self or classic over powered take down eternity self?

This is what I'm wondering. I'm all for him returning to his status as Sorcerer Supreme. But Classic is just too powerful. That's why we've since left SA Superman and Classic Fate in the past where they belong.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#4  Edited By Deadcool

I don't like overpowered characters, even the current Sorcerer Supreme was too powerful, he is cool as help, he was a frequent character during JMS run in Spider-man and pre-civil war Avengers, bur reading a comic about Dr Strange would be kind of tedious.

Current Strange still helping characters and iis not as almighty as he used to be, maybe that could help the character to have more power in a different way, until he doesn't need the eye of agamotto anymore.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DanialCarroll

I like his Sorcerer Supreme garb, but I think his power level is better where it is now. As the other have said, over-powered characters are boring.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.